GO ..I wear a point and shoot camera on a lanyard around my neck, every time I go for a ride, and have for maybe 20 years? I use it to record trips, scenery, riding partners, anything I would want to remember later
in this pic you can see it hanging around my neck. This was back in 2006 I believe.
In order to use it I just grab it by my stomach with my left hand, lift, press one button to turn it on, point it in the direction I want to shoot, and press another button to take the pic. If at anytime I feel I need both hands on the bars I can just drop it, and it will be caught by the lanyard and turn itself off.
You can shoot in front of you
behind you over the shoulder
behind you using the mirrors ..left (notice camera in mirror)
right
scenery or atmospheric conditions
Candid moments that convey a part of a trip
I love my lanyard cam and the memories of the rides/trips I take that I get to see again and share with others. It would be a rare day that you would find me riding without the camera. it's a part of my gear like my helmet and gloves.