almost got a trophy on today's ride

Thread starter
Congrats jim! (assuming it was taken with a bow/gun and not a vehicle/motorcycle)
 
I have had my share of collisions with the critters. All were fortunately while driving four wheels and not on two. The critter in question was taken with a firearm.

I was not personally responsible for the capitol act. A party of three of us hunt every year in a special late season set aside for those of us who like to hunt with 19th century weaponry. The single shot muzzle loading percussion cap rifle. It is a much more secluded adventure than the regular firearm season that resembles a war zone.
jim
 
Last July I was riding in the Upper Peninsula Michigan about 50 miles per hour with a car probably a hundred feet ahead of me and one came flying across the road from one side to the other in the blink of an eye right in between us all I could think was there's no defense against that might as well sit back and enjoy the ride lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
GO ..I wear a point and shoot camera on a lanyard around my neck, every time I go for a ride, and have for maybe 20 years? I use it to record trips, scenery, riding partners, anything I would want to remember later

in this pic you can see it hanging around my neck. This was back in 2006 I believe.

1df9d4d65a29186854c787672994ec13.jpg


In order to use it I just grab it by my stomach with my left hand, lift, press one button to turn it on, point it in the direction I want to shoot, and press another button to take the pic. If at anytime I feel I need both hands on the bars I can just drop it, and it will be caught by the lanyard and turn itself off.

You can shoot in front of you

77494381e1456c5c4cf66b7c57ff700e.jpg


behind you over the shoulder

3cb6e8f377c6fca617195fd47999edc9.jpg


behind you using the mirrors ..left (notice camera in mirror)

fd102a735e6a9e7853e95e59013ac1eb.jpg


right

35c7db6cac02a0625d2d2675cd7837c7.jpg


scenery or atmospheric conditions

71900d03d0242c4c960fa954067877ed.jpg


2fa93d8a7689ba0f3835a4c1d1dc346e.jpg


057f92ad31b43aa920f42c7546f4f9da.jpg


Candid moments that convey a part of a trip

6b6a242c770193fb8018cdabe11829ec.jpg


a9587f07cecc1646a8cbdcb70d060f08.jpg


I love my lanyard cam and the memories of the rides/trips I take that I get to see again and share with others. It would be a rare day that you would find me riding without the camera. it's a part of my gear like my helmet and gloves.
Thanks for sharing the detail Ferret. Some very nice pics too and I see with a "real" camera too. That helps explain the sharpness. Never considered a lanyard due to anchoring it somewhere to prevent wind flapping.

I have been mounting on various points on the bike, but as you know, it limits the flexibility of use. Helmet is typical, but in the case of video you get "shoulder-check sea sickness" effect on playback. I have used chest mount, but same limitations as bike mount. Lately I have been using wrist mount which appears to be the most flexible I have used thus far, and it is particularly versatile with the remote wireless shutter button attached to my jacket, sleeve or handlebar.

About 15 years ago I used a real camera, but used a plain old camera mount on the handlebar. Images were great, but handlebar controls, vibration and such jazz would always get in the way. I used to do the pocket pull, but without the lanyard, well, you know.

By the way, the winter images are cool.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
GO ..I wear a point and shoot camera on a lanyard around my neck, every time I go for a ride, and have for maybe 20 years? I use it to record trips, scenery, riding partners, anything I would want to remember later

in this pic you can see it hanging around my neck. This was back in 2006 I believe.

1df9d4d65a29186854c787672994ec13.jpg


In order to use it I just grab it by my stomach with my left hand, lift, press one button to turn it on, point it in the direction I want to shoot, and press another button to take the pic. If at anytime I feel I need both hands on the bars I can just drop it, and it will be caught by the lanyard and turn itself off.

You can shoot in front of you

77494381e1456c5c4cf66b7c57ff700e.jpg


behind you over the shoulder

3cb6e8f377c6fca617195fd47999edc9.jpg


behind you using the mirrors ..left (notice camera in mirror)

fd102a735e6a9e7853e95e59013ac1eb.jpg


right

35c7db6cac02a0625d2d2675cd7837c7.jpg


scenery or atmospheric conditions

71900d03d0242c4c960fa954067877ed.jpg


2fa93d8a7689ba0f3835a4c1d1dc346e.jpg


057f92ad31b43aa920f42c7546f4f9da.jpg


Candid moments that convey a part of a trip

6b6a242c770193fb8018cdabe11829ec.jpg


a9587f07cecc1646a8cbdcb70d060f08.jpg


I love my lanyard cam and the memories of the rides/trips I take that I get to see again and share with others. It would be a rare day that you would find me riding without the camera. it's a part of my gear like my helmet and gloves.
Thanks for sharing the detail Ferret. Some very nice pics too and I see with a "real" camera too. That helps explain the sharpness. Never considered a lanyard due to anchoring it somewhere to prevent wind flapping.

I have been mounting on various points on the bike, but as you know, it limits the flexibility of use. Helmet is typical, but in the case of video you get "shoulder-check sea sickness" effect on playback. I have used chest mount, but same limitations as bike mount. Lately I have been using wrist mount which appears to be the most flexible I have used thus far, and it is particularly versatile with the remote wireless shutter button attached to my jacket, sleeve or handlebar.

About 15 years ago I used a real camera, but used a plain old camera mount on the handlebar. Images were great, but handlebar controls, vibration and such jazz would always get in the way. I used to do the pocket pull, but without the lanyard, well, you know.

By the way, the winter images are cool.

Really enjoy the idea of a lanyard cam. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that Ferret.
 
Thread starter
Please do, it will enhance your motorcycling experience immeasurably.
 
Back
Top