Airhawk Seat pads

metalmaven_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I saw 2 old threads about the Airhawk seat pads but wanted to start a new one as those were kind of old.

Does anyone use the Airhawk seat cushions? What model?
 
Tried one but didn't like it and returned it. I've also tried the Gel Pads..gave them to my brother.
With either one I just couldn't get past the " disconnected" to the bike feeling.

Others however love them.
 
I didn't much care for the Airhawk either, I agree with Ferrets "disconnected" feeling. I did recently get a gel/memory foam pad after seeing Ole's at the Rally, I like a lot. I bought a pinion pad, around 7 x 10" and I put it lengthwise on the stock seat, so the pad isn't under my legs....just where needed.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
I didn't much care for the Airhawk either, I agree with Ferrets "disconnected" feeling. I did recently get a gel/memory foam pad after seeing Ole's at the Rally, I like a lot. I bought a pinion pad, around 7 x 10" and I put it lengthwise on the stock seat, so the pad isn't under my legs....just where needed.

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
 
I found the Airhawk made me feel like I was sitting on a beach ball and returned it as well. The Corbin seat make me feel like the bike is connected to me better than the stock or Tiros-K seats.
 
I use a medium cruiser Airhawk on my ST and love it. On the CB I use a medium (pretty sure-- I can look) pillion in the rider position and love it.

Are you guys sure you didn't have too much air in it? Not supposed to have much.
 
A couple of years ago, halfway through a 4000km trip to South Australia, I suddenly felt the need for an Airhawk. The CB seat was very new and after a day or so in the saddle I found that I had to stand on the pegs every so often to get the blood back where it should be. I bought one in Adelaide. Over the many kilometres since then my backside has never regretted it.

As far as being "connected" to the bike is concerned it makes not a whit of difference to me whether the Airhawk is on or not. Last weekend I did a 900km trip and wasn't aware of it at all, it's just part of the deal. For short or day trips, I don't use it, mainly because I don't think it adds at all to the look of the bike and the seat has become softer with use.

The model? Well pictured below is a photo of the label that I posted in one of those previous threads. I think there are new, and betterer models available now.

29c7818b79b599a2b05576c7e01ec3e5.jpg




Cheers
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I use a medium cruiser Airhawk on my ST and love it. On the CB I use a medium (pretty sure-- I can look) pillion in the rider position and love it.

Are you guys sure you didn't have too much air in it? Not supposed to have much.
Yes, I started at over inflated and keep letting air out until I was back down on the seat. It bothered me that the seat under my rump didn't move with the bike in corners. If I leaned one direction or another, the seat would squish down on the heavy side and lift me on the opposite side.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys, for the price I think I will just buy the corbin seat, which is what i really want. That is probably where I will end up anyways, just exploring options before ordering this fall.
 
pwh421_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
I didn't much care for the Airhawk either, I agree with Ferrets "disconnected" feeling. I did recently get a gel/memory foam pad after seeing Ole's at the Rally, I like a lot. I bought a pinion pad, around 7 x 10" and I put it lengthwise on the stock seat, so the pad isn't under my legs....just where needed.

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
Peter, here's a link for the pad I use: http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-s...-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057

I also bought this one for my TW: Small Cool-Tush Gel Seat Pad with Memory Foam



It measures 7 x 11"
 
I personally am quite pleased with my Corbin after several 300+ mile rides, but my lady friend, not so much. I got her the original airhawk pillion pad for her, as we have a 1,000+ mile ride coming up. I'll report back how she likes it! I may even consider one myself.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
pwh421_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
I didn't much care for the Airhawk either, I agree with Ferrets "disconnected" feeling. I did recently get a gel/memory foam pad after seeing Ole's at the Rally, I like a lot. I bought a pinion pad, around 7 x 10" and I put it lengthwise on the stock seat, so the pad isn't under my legs....just where needed.

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
Peter, here's a link for the pad I use: http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-s...-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057

I also bought this one for my TW: Small Cool-Tush Gel Seat Pad with Memory Foam



It measures 7 x 11"


After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
Peter, here's a link for the pad I use: [url=http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-seat-pads-store/#!/Small-Sheepskin-Gel-Seat-Pad-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057]http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-seat-pads-store/#!/Small-Sheepskin-Gel-Seat-Pad-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057


I also bought this one for my TW: Small Cool-Tush Gel Seat Pad with Memory Foam



It measures 7 x 11"
Great, thank you..
 
pwh421_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
pwh421_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
I didn't much care for the Airhawk either, I agree with Ferrets "disconnected" feeling. I did recently get a gel/memory foam pad after seeing Ole's at the Rally, I like a lot. I bought a pinion pad, around 7 x 10" and I put it lengthwise on the stock seat, so the pad isn't under my legs....just where needed.

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter

After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
Peter, here's a link for the pad I use: http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-s...-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057

I also bought this one for my TW: Small Cool-Tush Gel Seat Pad with Memory Foam



It measures 7 x 11"


After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
Peter, here's a link for the pad I use: [url=http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-seat-pads-store/#!/Small-Sheepskin-Gel-Seat-Pad-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057]http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-seat-pads-store/#!/Small-Sheepskin-Gel-Seat-Pad-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057


I also bought this one for my TW: Small Cool-Tush Gel Seat Pad with Memory Foam



It measures 7 x 11"
Great, thank you..


After a nice long ride today I think I'd like a little more cushion, your solution sounds right . Can you post pics of what you got? Also where you got it?

Peter
Peter, here's a link for the pad I use: [url=http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-seat-pads-store/#!/Small-Sheepskin-Gel-Seat-Pad-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057]http://royalriding.com/motorcycle-seat-pads-store/#!/Small-Sheepskin-Gel-Seat-Pad-with-Memory-Foam/p/22060355/category=5320057


I also bought this one for my TW: Small Cool-Tush Gel Seat Pad with Memory Foam



It measures 7 x 11"
Great, thank you..m I have used the sheepskin gel and to be honest it seems to have lost it's effectivenessin less than a year. Drove only 250 miles yesterday and I was butt tired. I was thinking of trying the airhawk my friend said it works well on his BMW. Has anyone had sucess? I am planning several long trips and my butt needs advice
 
I have Airhawks on both my CB an ST1300. I really like them, but all butts are different, and YMMV.

With Airhawks, less air is better. Doesn't take much.
 
Airhawk? No experience.
Tried a memory foam gel seat cover with minimal success.
Got a sheepskin pad and find it quite helpful on any seat. If I'm going for a decent ride or on a hot or cold day I make sure the pad is in place, seems to prevent "hot spots" and I find I squirm much less.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have Airhawks on both my CB an ST1300. I really like them, but all butts are different, and YMMV.

With Airhawks, less air is better. Doesn't take much.
Any particular model?
 
On the ST I have the Airhawk 2 Medium Cruiser. It is shaped like a tractor seat.

On the CB I have the Airhawk 2 Medium Pillion. Ridem32 posted pics of this back in the day when he posted here. It works good, but I wish it was a little bigger.

I think they have a new model out that is shaped like the pillion but fits better in front.

They have a 60 day try it and send it back for full refund if you don't like it offer.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Delaware_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have Airhawks on both my CB an ST1300. I really like them, but all butts are different, and YMMV.

With Airhawks, less air is better. Doesn't take much.
Any particular model?
Any particular model?
Read back through the posts to #7.

Cheers
Any particular model?
Read back through the posts to #7.

Cheers
Or click on this link. :D
 
My airhawk pad is totally awesome. Never sat on anything more comfortable IN My KAYAK! I tried it on some of my cruisers and like others said, just couldnt get used to a disconnected feeling and it moved around more than i like. It works great in my kayak so not a total loss.
 
Back
Top