Airbag Protection: Tech-Air 3 & Roadskin Hoodie

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
After I read some of your insightful posts about riding gear and comfortability, I took stock of all my gear purchases. During my 47 years of riding, I may have been stupid or stoic or perhaps both about personal comfort. It never occurred to me to ask myself if I was hot or cold while wearing a motorcycle jacket or shirt. I focused only on protection.
 
Well, the Forum Members have helped me to consider the possibilities and even act on them. I remain a strong advocate for everyone wearing an Airbag Vest. I make no apologies for asserting it is arguably the single greatest advance in gear safety since the helmet.
 
I have written a review of the Tech-Air 5 that is best suited for colder temperatures:
 
The CB1100 Community Forum
 
Today, I add to the Forum’s Airbag Catalog with an equally strong endorsement for the Tech-Air 3 and Roadskin Hoodie for warmer temperatures.
 
TDj1QNn.jpeg

 
https://www.alpinestars.com/products/tech-air-3-canvas-system

tjoIqoA.jpeg


Motorcycle Armoured Hoodie - Easyrider II - AA rated
 
My Tech-Air 3 fits nicely over my Roadskin Hoodie. The combination is far more Pub or Coffee-Shop friendly. Compared to the competition, the combination is much more stylish, although I doubt we will see either on Vogue or Cosmo anytime soon. :)
 
The Tech-Air 3 protects my neck, chest, and back.
 
QY705WD.png

 
95kMyMO.png

 
The Roadskin Hoodie protects my shoulders, elbows, and skin.
 
Both are extremely comfortable and easy to wear.
 
The safety rating is very strong: Both are Category AA Certified.
 
For the Roadskin Hoodie, I upgraded the back, shoulder, and elbow armor to the magical, flexible SMURF body armor I like so much:
 
Xpk77EF.jpeg

 
RHEON™ Motorcycle Back Armour - CE Level 2
 
Also, the Tech-Air software is great for managing both of my Airbag Vests. And as an added bonus, I can charge the Tech-Ar 3 vest with a USB C cable.
 
LtAxary.jpeg

 
I hope you will find your summer ensemble. I have found mine.
 
jjeSasV.jpeg

 
uQKhQwn.jpeg


R9rFMQo.jpeg
 
Back
Top