Adventure ready!

AlexCB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So due the current lockdown in the UK and not being able to ride I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a few mods to the bike to make it more adventure ready for later in the year.

I bought the bike in December as a standard bike in Red so the first thing I decided to do is respray the tank and front and rear fenders as I had the paint already and thought paint would be easier to clean than trying to keep chrome looking nice.

I then added the following:
Fehling rear rack and pannier rails
Givi outback panniers
Givi dolomiti top box and top rack
MRA VNB screen
Zieger crash bars
Ram ball mount with Tom Tom Rider
Honda heated grips
Yoshimura exhaust
Reworked and recovered seat

Hoping the pics will work as I'm a bit new to this! :blush:

cf975d71a54b6d83beb739a006808175.

416c7a2d2133ff55e2f8067f20c5642c.

734860613b19d8ee27942f8fb3204f75.

Hmmmmm appears the pics didn't embed properly
 
That’s a serious set of panniers, Alex. Happy touring!
 
Good stuff these panniers....your bike looks like is prepared for any adventure situation = :thumbsup:
 
Hey Alex:

To go with those heavy duty ADV panniers, is there also a plan to add a bash plate, 50/50 road/offroad tires and upgrade suspension? :)
 
Well I have not seen a CB1100 with aluminium adventure panniers before, they blend in better than expected with the all black look. Your definitely not going for retro look anyway, happy travels when let loose!

Some old fashioned Craven panniers would of looked nice on the CB1100. They do a mounting kit for the old CB750 but alas not for the CB1100.

Vintage Motorcycle Luggage | Craven Equipment
 
Tev62_imp said:
Well I have not seen a CB1100 with aluminium adventure panniers before, they blend in better than expected with the all black look. Your definitely not going for retro look anyway, happy travels when let loose!

Some old fashioned Craven panniers would of looked nice on the CB1100. They do a mounting kit for the old CB750 but alas not for the CB1100.

Vintage Motorcycle Luggage | Craven Equipment
Oooo, haven't seen those before. They are quite classy.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the kind words, I admit the panniers are not the greatest in terms of the retro aesthetic but having spent the last 5 odd years on adventure bikes I've grown accustomed to the convenience of top loading panniers that can take a beating.

It will definitely be staying on road though (except fire roads and campsites) as it's a bit too heavy for me to do anything too daring off the beaten track :beerchug:
 
I agree with the above: those panniers look much better than I expected. I also really like the look of those Zieger crash bars. I had not seen them before.

Great job! :thumbsup:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Well I have not seen a CB1100 with aluminium adventure panniers before, they blend in better than expected with the all black look. Your definitely not going for retro look anyway, happy travels when let loose!

Some old fashioned Craven panniers would of looked nice on the CB1100. They do a mounting kit for the old CB750 but alas not for the CB1100.

Vintage Motorcycle Luggage | Craven Equipment
Oooo, haven't seen those before. They are quite classy.
They are aren’t they. If I lived in the UK I would be tempted to drop by and see what they could do by way of a pannier rack fitting. I thought the colour uplift costs were quite reasonable too.
 
AlexCB, one Canadian member personally would like to see and touch your classy panniers...are you planning a CB-moto visit to Canada any time soon??:D :P
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
it's a message for our moderators to delete a post and save some space
>>
+6*C on Wednesday, are you :biker: ???
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
it's a message for our moderators to delete a post and save some space
>>
+6*C on Wednesday, are you :biker: ???
I don't understand.
it's a message for our moderators to delete a post and save some space
>>
+6*C on Wednesday, are you :biker: ???
I'm not free - but you are PB. Are you going to break out the CB1100 for a little daytime splash?

Lookin' at Thursday, if it is dry it could be an opportunity. It will be -10C at night, and hopefully minimal wind. We'll see.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
AlexCB, one Canadian member personally would like to see and touch your classy panniers...are you planning a CB-moto visit to Canada any time soon??:D :P
I would love to do a Canadian trip on the CB! I did I driving holiday October 2019 to the Rockies and fell in love with Canada and the whole time I was thinking how much better it would be on a bike. Quite a long ride to get there from the UK though :shy:
 
AlexCB_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
AlexCB, one Canadian member personally would like to see and touch your classy panniers...are you planning a CB-moto visit to Canada any time soon??:D :P
I would love to do a Canadian trip on the CB! I did I driving holiday October 2019 to the Rockies and fell in love with Canada and the whole time I was thinking how much better it would be on a bike. Quite a long ride to get there from the UK though :shy:
I would love to do a Canadian trip on the CB! I did I driving holiday October 2019 to the Rockies and fell in love with Canada and the whole time I was thinking how much better it would be on a bike. Quite a long ride to get there from the UK though :shy:
Over the decades I have met numerous Brits who visited the Rockies and ended up moving their families to Calgary, Alberta. I found many folks came from London and Birmingham.
 
Back
Top