Accessory mod opinions please

I think a number of members have this rack. I have the Honda rack so can't speak to the Givi, but keep in mind you do not have to have a Givi rack to mount a Givi top case.

The universal rack adapter shown in the link you posted will fit just about any rack (maybe all racks). I have it on my Honda rack and a Givi top case on it.
 
Hey, dsinned. I mounted them on my 2013 and I think they look great, black with the two tone engine. Some here have posted about clearance issues, it appears they may touch down about the same time as the peg feelers. I haven't done either (yet). Hope to use them for light mounts at some point.

- Ben
 
I have the SW Motech bars on my 2014 Standard. Look great. Very sturdy. Have not challenged the touch down aspect (and don't plan to). I have Kury arms and footpegs mounted to my bars. Had to use some shim material to mount the arms as the bars are larger diameter than 1" but smaller than 1 1/8", so shims helped to provide a tight fit. SW sells some matching footpegs, but since I already owned the Kury ...
 
Did this thread turn from a rear rack to a case guard thread? I'm cornfused :)
 
Its an acc thread according to title
 
Oh, OK. That makes sense now.
 
Thread starter
That's my fault . . . I changed the title after the fact to try to consolidated this thread into a two into one type of thing.

Update: I decided to get a chromed Samurider.com rack that was available for sale from another member here and order the SW-Motech black painted crash bars from Twisted Throttle. My bike is still factory stock with respect to the chrome rear fender, and been modified to have a black shorty front fender, so I think these two accessories should integrate quite well on to my all black, standard model.

Besides these latest mods, my bike has been accessorizes with a Delkevic intermediate pipe connected to an Emgo reverse megaphone muffler exhaust combination, a mini wind deflector made by Puig and a very unusual oil cooler auxiliary cooling fan attachment with on/off control handlebar mounted switch. The latter was of my own design and does seem to aid in engine oil cooling at slow speeds.

I also added a Trail Tech backlighted digital readout miniature device attached to the center of the handlebars to display EOC temperature and battery voltage.

The last two mods were kind of off beat, but they integrated well together. I did these mods on a strict budget, so for the money spent, I am very satisfied.

The only other mod to be considered - notwithstanding a real budget buster unfortunately - would be a better seat! :-))
 
dsinned_imp said:
That's my fault . . . I changed the title after the fact to try to consolidated this thread into a two into one type of thing.

Update: I decided to get a chromed Samurider.com rack that was available for sale from another member here and order the SW-Motech black painted crash bars from Twisted Throttle. My bike is still factory stock with respect to the chrome rear fender, and been modified to have a black shorty front fender, so I think these two accessories should integrate quite well on to my all black, standard model.

Besides these latest mods, my bike has been accessorizes with a Delkevic intermediate pipe connected to an Emgo reverse megaphone muffler exhaust combination, a mini wind deflector made by Puig and a very unusual oil cooler auxiliary cooling fan attachment with on/off control handlebar mounted switch. The latter was of my own design and does seem to aid in engine oil cooling at slow speeds.

I also added a Trail Tech backlighted digital readout miniature device attached to the center of the handlebars to display EOC temperature and battery voltage.

The last two mods were kind of off beat, but they integrated well together. I did these mods on a strict budget, so for the money spent, I am very satisfied.

The only other mod to be considered - notwithstanding a real budget buster unfortunately - would be a better seat! :-))
Ah, I was gonna say to wait until next Friday and see if Revzilla puts them on sale like they did last year: I bought mine for $133 last black Friday.
 
As for the Givi rack advertised by Twisted Throttle, here are the measurements of the flat part of the rack where a trunk would sit. Length 8 1/2", Front width 8" Rear width tapers to 5 1/2". These were furnished by Givi tech support. And, no, the rack is not available in black.

I was thinking of getting one of these but the mounting plate for my Emco trunk measures 8 1/2" long and 10 1/2" wide at front and back. Would look sort of odd sitting on the Givi rack IMO, so I'll stick with my TourMaster TailBag which sits on the passenger part of the seat.
 
Thread starter
Turns out I am still in the "WTB" market for a chrome rear carrier rack (used or new), either Givi or SW-Motech would be my preference. Anybody? Samurider gave me a quote for the "official" Honda rack at $230 shipped. Is this a good price compared to stateside Honda parts' dealers?
 
dsinned_imp said:
These look just right for my 2014 - all black - standard. But before ordering I would like any other opinions, alternative suggestions, etc.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-crashbars-engine-guards-for-honda-cb1100-13

Price seems competitive ($166.95 on Twisted Throttle's website) with free shipping and no sales tax.

Hope I don't have to use them, but you never know. :thumbsup:

Dennis, That is what is on my standard I think you saw them up at Alice's.....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I've had both the Honda OEM and SW Motech engine guards on my CB (but not at the same time-ha!) The OEM were chrome and looked very classy. However, fitment of clamp-on highway pegs was severely limited to just one spot. I bought the Kury Long Horn arms and Kury round pegs which helped some, but a friend was looking for OEM bars so I sold them. I then installed the Motech bars. The only glitch is the dia. of the bar is about 1 1/16" and my 1" clamps would not fit. So, I bought the 1 1/8" clamps and used chimney flashing as shim stock in order to get a tight fit. Motech sells a peg which will fit exactly but I wanted my pegs to be further in front of the bars due to my long legs.
 
Back
Top