ABS?

front disc will have a speed sensor ring and gauge will have an abs light that comes on when you fire it up and go out once you get rolling
 
+1 on LongRanger. I don't know about the snow/ice but if you do a panic stop where it is safe, and you don't lock up the wheels, then you have ABS.
 
Jeez Louise, just look at the front wheel for the sensor ring and light on the gauge panel like ferret said. Much safer :)

The ring looks just like the one on the rear wheel.
 
You can also verify with the VIN code. There are several discussions recently that give the breakdown.
Found it:

Duplicate VIN numbers?
 
kennyw_imp said:
You can also verify with the VIN code. There are several discussions recently that give the breakdown.
Found it:

Duplicate VIN numbers?
That's right. If your bike has ABS your VIN should be JH2SC6559DK001396. The key is SC655. If it is SC651, it is not the ABS model and the VIN will be JH2SC6512DK001396.
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all who took the time to give me a serious response. To the others... remember the famous quote by the great collegiate basketball coach Bobby Knight, "When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past I want that they should bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my aXX." Bwhahaha
 
Wired, is yours ABS like the seller said?

Also you can tell if they are linked by looking at the front calipers. iF they are linked they will be 3 pot ( 3 circles on side of caliper), if not there will be 2 pot or 2 circle calipers. The linked will also have an extra hydraulic hose going from 1 front caliper to the other front caliper.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Wired, is yours ABS like the seller said?

Also you can tell if they are linked by looking at the front calipers. iF they are linked they will be 3 pot ( 3 circles on side of caliper), if not there will be 2 pot or 2 circle calipers. The linked will also have an extra hydraulic hose going from 1 front caliper to the other front caliper.
I didn't give it any thought till I downloaded a CB1100 owner's manual and saw that I was supposed to have a blue idiot light which I didn't have. There is no ABS stuff on the front wheel. Thanks. And yes, I was told it was an ABS model. I don't really care that much and am doubtful the fella who sold it to me knew the difference. Probably what he had been told.
 
Same thing happened to me. I found out when I left about 30 feet of rubber on the road. I don't follow so close now :s
 
Even the dealers were confused in 2013 and were telling customers bikes had ABS, rear ABS only, and all manner of things be ause of the slotted ring on the rear wheel which is a speed determining ring and not an ABS ring. Wonder how many customers paid a grand extra for an ABS bike and got a non abs bike instead.
 
wiredgeorge_imp said:
Thanks to all who took the time to give me a serious response. To the others... remember the famous quote by the great collegiate basketball coach Bobby Knight, "When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past I want that they should bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my aXX." Bwhahaha
They all look like serious responses to me.
 
Thread starter
When I bought the bike from the PO, it was advertised as ABS model and he called it a CB1100A. What is the actual model designation? I think I saw CB1100D on a frame sticker. Is that correct?
 
Back
Top