wiredgeorge_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
PO told me that the bike he sold me was an ABS model. How can you tell for sure?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

That's right. If your bike has ABS your VIN should be JH2SC6559DK001396. The key is SC655. If it is SC651, it is not the ABS model and the VIN will be JH2SC6512DK001396.kennyw_imp said:You can also verify with the VIN code. There are several discussions recently that give the breakdown.
Found it:
Duplicate VIN numbers?
I didn't give it any thought till I downloaded a CB1100 owner's manual and saw that I was supposed to have a blue idiot light which I didn't have. There is no ABS stuff on the front wheel. Thanks. And yes, I was told it was an ABS model. I don't really care that much and am doubtful the fella who sold it to me knew the difference. Probably what he had been told.The ferret_imp said:Wired, is yours ABS like the seller said?
Also you can tell if they are linked by looking at the front calipers. iF they are linked they will be 3 pot ( 3 circles on side of caliper), if not there will be 2 pot or 2 circle calipers. The linked will also have an extra hydraulic hose going from 1 front caliper to the other front caliper.

They all look like serious responses to me.wiredgeorge_imp said:Thanks to all who took the time to give me a serious response. To the others... remember the famous quote by the great collegiate basketball coach Bobby Knight, "When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past I want that they should bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my aXX." Bwhahaha