About to order the '17 dual bending valve forks for my '14

PowerDubs_imp said:
Gross.

Classic old bikes had silver forks...so then has mine.
ef2181cb98a999bc0955f37c51deb7f0.png



bdceb2f2fbf8e765fb0289962c33268e.jpg
Your bike looks really nice PowerDubs! The '17 forks combined with the polished rims on your wheels is just right!
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Found your thread... This is pretty interesting. Did the mod change the amount of dive under braking? Also, and I may have missed this, what was the approximate cost of the replacement forks?
$438/side, $872 for the whole setup. Probably a few fasteners, fork oil, etcetera as well. Figure $1000.

As to the kits such as Racetech etc., the SDBV fork is a whole 'nother animal. A kit installed in the old forks will improve things but it's like a bandaid.

The new fork is a new, well-integrated system so well worth the money if one is really serious about a HUGE improvement.

But the kits can be had for about half that money and are pretty good.
$438/side, $872 for the whole setup. Probably a few fasteners, fork oil, etcetera as well. Figure $1000.

As to the kits such as Racetech etc., the SDBV fork is a whole 'nother animal. A kit installed in the old forks will improve things but it's like a bandaid.

The new fork is a new, well-integrated system so well worth the money if one is really serious about a HUGE improvement.

But the kits can be had for about half that money and are pretty good.
Just seen this thread and looks like a bargain to me. I make it about the same price as the Andreani's cost me.

That said, in the UK the Duel Benders cost a lot more... but not as much as an original pair of Showa' would cost. About 2/3rds cheeper. They may be better but looks like they are cheeper to produce as well... win, win, win.

I'm not sure how the SDBVs feel but from reviews I've read and from what Power Dubs says, they sound like a good option for the road. The Andreani set up can still be a bit harsh on slow bumpy roads but at high speed and on track they are very, very good.

What do you have on your bike Ulvetanna?
 
Ulvetanna hasn’t logged in since February.
 
Thread starter
Bumping this up for new people who might not realize there is an easy factory plug and play option to upgrade the suspension.
 
Houtman_imp said:
They fit on the 2014 but NOT on the 2013 with ABS ( I tried but brakes are different)
Well, you could. The right fork slider are different for the 3-piston caliper on the 2013 ABS, but the internals should swap over easily enough. The fork sliders are just machined tubes, same inside diameter. The fork bushings are the same part numbers too.

Most of the magic happens inside the fork tube itself, in the damper rod valving. Plus different rate springs, and maybe lower friction fork seals. It may be even possible to swap just the damper rods and springs, and use the existing fork tube, if its I.D. is the same.
 
You are right but after finding out they did not "easily" fit on my 2013 ABS I just put them on my 2014 and that is a piece of cake to do.
 
I replaced the forks on my 2014 deluxe with the forks from the 2017 model. I was looking for an improved ride, but I did not want to hassle with rebuilding / modifying the stock forks. What made me go for the new 2017 forks was when I discovered pitting on one of my fork tubes. I read where another member of this site had an issue with the chrome pitting on his fork tubes, and I believe he had them re-chromed after determining that the original layer of chrome was extremely thin and was wearing through. Plus, other members had performed the same swap and were happy with the results. I am happy with the 2017 forks, and I believe they deliver a better / smoother ride.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Hi Dave,

Doesn't the deluxe have ABS?

If so, the '13 ABS forks and brakes are different than the '14 ABS?
Yes, my 2014 deluxe brakes are ABS, but the 2017 forks fit perfectly - bolt on.
 
Thread starter
That is reassuring... if I ever find used ABS parts on Ebay I will be sure they are off of a '14.

Thanks for the clarification.
 
Thread starter
Part #'s for what I ordered are in a picture above- a quick google search of them will show you the average price- then if you care enough to save maybe $40-50-60 you can shop around for whoever has the best prices / coupons / shipping charge now.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Would the 2017 fork fit a 2013 NON-ABS? Does anyone have current prices? Thanks
Yes , it will but they will not fit with the 2013 ABS (because of the difference in the calipers 3 versus 2 pots )
 
Back
Top