A question about posting with Imgur.

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Has Imgur changed their posting process? It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a picture now it seems to have changed.
 
I just posted a photo here using Imgur. I have to go to my "images" area before I'm prompted to upload a photo.
FLYTYM_imp said:
Has Imgur changed their posting process? It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a picture now it seems to have changed.
Your bio info says "Fremont"...Nebraska? I ask because my grandparents lived there and we visited them often growing up.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
I just posted a photo here using Imgur. I have to go to my "images" area before I'm prompted to upload a photo.
FLYTYM_imp said:
Has Imgur changed their posting process? It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a picture now it seems to have changed.
Your bio info says "Fremont"...Nebraska? I ask because my grandparents lived there and we visited them often growing up.
Your bio info says "Fremont"...Nebraska? I ask because my grandparents lived there and we visited them often growing up.
I’m in Fremont............I’m embarrassed to say,California.
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
I just posted a photo here using Imgur. I have to go to my "images" area before I'm prompted to upload a photo.
FLYTYM_imp said:
Has Imgur changed their posting process? It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a picture now it seems to have changed.
Your bio info says "Fremont"...Nebraska? I ask because my grandparents lived there and we visited them often growing up.
Your bio info says "Fremont"...Nebraska? I ask because my grandparents lived there and we visited them often growing up.
I’m in Fremont............I’m embarrassed to say,California.
Ah...a bit different then!:cool:
 
go to your uploaded images, click on the image you want, click on BBcode, and paste here..same as always

ea94b432daea670e93de93f2f7acf9c8.jpg
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
go to your uploaded images, click on the image you want, click on BBcode, and paste here..same as always

ea94b432daea670e93de93f2f7acf9c8.jpg
The format I’m seeing has changed so I must have done something wrong. I’ve got a new phone so that might be the issue.
 
ahh I have no idea about doing it on a phone lol. Only on a PC.
 
I had problems a couple of weeks ago, and also thought they had changed the GUI. I'll recheck and report back, probably tomorrow.
 
The only thing I notice was trying to do it from my android phone.

They've quit supporting mobile web page and make you use their app.

The only problem is the app wants to "share" to other apps and doesn't show the BB code.

So I can upload pictures from my phone but to post here I have to get on a computer to see the BB code..

That's just my experience.
 
Thread starter
offroadfx4_imp said:
The only thing I notice was trying to do it from my android phone.

They've quit supporting mobile web page and make you use their app.

The only problem is the app wants to "share" to other apps and doesn't show the BB code.

So I can upload pictures from my phone but to post here I have to get on a computer to see the BB code..

That's just my experience.
That’s what it is,I’m not seeing the BB code.
OK,an explanation is in order. It’s been awhile since I’ve posted any pictures here so a little mixup on my part. When Photobucket got stupid I decided it was time for a new photo hosting site. I asked around and POSTIMAGE was the one I started using,not IMGUR,that’s why I wasn’t familiar with the hosting process with IMGUR. Thanks to all for the help here. Now let’s see if I can remember the process on POSTIMAGE.
 
I finally figured out what was confusing me about the Imgur GUI. It had been several months since I had used it, and apparently it had logged me out. Weird, because I could get to my images, but the procedure for posting looked all different. Once I logged back in using my username and PW, then I got back to familiar-looking menus.

So, here's a pic from over the holidays. It's from a Muscle Car museum in Punta Gorda, FL. Lots of old corvettes, camaros, chevelles, etc, but, surprisingly they had this collection of Whizzer motorcycles. I had to Google "Whizzer" to find info on them. Anyway, if anyone is in SW FL, this is a nice way to spend an hour or so.
74d8d457eeb62768e56db1b046f72e09.jpg
 
The A-man_imp said:
I finally figured out what was confusing me about the Imgur GUI. It had been several months since I had used it, and apparently it had logged me out. Weird, because I could get to my images, but the procedure for posting looked all different. Once I logged back in using my username and PW, then I got back to familiar-looking menus.

So, here's a pic from over the holidays. It's from a Muscle Car museum in Punta Gorda, FL. Lots of old corvettes, camaros, chevelles, etc, but, surprisingly they had this collection of Whizzer motorcycles. I had to Google "Whizzer" to find info on them. Anyway, if anyone is in SW FL, this is a nice way to spend an hour or so.
74d8d457eeb62768e56db1b046f72e09.jpg
I don't go back to Imgur that often and most of the time I'm logged out too. No problem, I just log back in.

Whizzer was an iconic bicycle in it's day. Nice collection.
 
Back
Top