A little help with the blues?

Inhouse Bob

Road warrior
Thread starter
As I have mentioned at every opportunity, my wife is away and the house is much too quiet. I'm feeling pretty blue, what with the cold rain/no riding. So, what Netflix or Youtube or streamable movies do you guys recommend? I've seen the "Long Way" movies and "On and Sunday" and the one about the Dunlop family. Anything out there that might scratch my particular itch?
 
See if you can find "Why We Ride." It's sort of a modern interpretation of "On Any Sunday." I'll mail you the DVD if you can't find it.

 
No recommendations for movies but good TV series on Netflix:

Foyle's War (BBC)
Longmire
Person of interest

Since I retired, I'm a netflix & motorcycle junkie. :)

Get a dog. My dog, curley joe (CJ) and I are best buds.
 
How about a good book? Just finished "No Through Road" by Clement Salvadori. A fine read.
quietguy_imp said:
Easy Rider... a great standby.
I watch Easy Rider just for the music alone, good choice.
 
If you want a good natured motorcycle flick, my personal favorite is Roadside Prophets.

TV series is hands down, Then Came Bronson.

Not to mention all the books that are out there.

That would keep you occupied for awhile!
 
Couldnt find it listed on Netflix but it is on youtube
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Couldnt find it listed on Netflix but it is on youtube
All righty! Thanks for the suggestions. I watched One Week and am starting on Easy Rider. Have seen both before, but I enjoyed them. Not sure Easy Rider will help much with the melancholy, though. :s
I googled "Motorcycle Movies" and got a list a mile long, most made in '68-'73, all of them awful. But they are fun, anyhow. And most are on Youtube for free, so you can't beat that!
I will have to check out the books, too. Maybe for my birthday?
 
Oh yea the 60s and 70s chopper/ gang movies. Great stuff lol
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
+1 on "Sons"

"World's Fastest Indian"

DL "Why We Ride" if you can.
Seen them both. Good stuff.
There are a lot of movies out there, aren't there? I used to collect movies about running... lots of those, too... and it was a fun hobby until Amazon and EBay came along. Now everything in the world is at your fingertips and collecting isn't so much fun anymore. No more trill of the hunt, as it were. Anyone want 45 running related movies on VHS? I'll trade for one really great Biker flick on Blu Ray :thumbsup:
Anyhow, it's time for bed. Both daughters called this evening and the better half will be home tomorrow night, so things are right with my world. Thanks for pulling me through, guys!:thanks: :worship:
 
Any thing electronic is fleeting. Collect coins, stamps or other physical objects. Ancient coins are amazing, coins before the time of Jesus hand stamped, metal mined by slaves, hold it in your hands and imagine the history. Or collect motorcycles like CBs


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Back
Top