A little help with the blues?

Thread starter
uscgmac_imp said:
Wild hogs!
Hey! That's one I have never seen. I'll see if I can track it down for free somewhere. Doesn't seem like the kind of movie I'd actually PAY for :angel:
Elipten_imp said:
Any thing electronic is fleeting. Collect coins, stamps or other physical objects. Ancient coins are amazing, coins before the time of Jesus hand stamped, metal mined by slaves, hold it in your hands and imagine the history. Or collect motorcycles like CBs


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
I'm not much of a collector... too cheap. The running movie thing was fun because we used to have a big group of folks that would get together for long runs on the weekend and then meet up at my place for some beer and food and a movie. A lot of it came down to disparaging the movie makers/actors/directors for their clueless way of presenting the sport we love. It would often be like having David Schwimmer playing Valentino Rossi and riding a CB in the race scenes. Lovely cinematography but nothing remotely authentic. Michael Douglas winning the Olympic Trials marathon in a sprint finish over an Apollo Creed look-alike? I don't think so :rofl::rofl:
Now, Tim Allen as a midlife crisis suburban guy with a new Harley? I can totally see that!
 
I watch Wild Hogs at least once a year. Laugh every time.
 
On any Sunday?
Thinking of the late 60's documentary on motorcycle riding that had some Steve McQueen in it but mostly Malcolm Smith and Bert Lawwill.
 
The ferret_imp said:
See if you can find a movie called "One Week". Canadian film about a guy on a Norton motorcycle. Very cool movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104806/
Never heard of that one but just added it into my Netflix queue.

I also recommend "Fastest" and "Faster." Great MotoGP documentaries if you're into that.

Also, The World's Fastest Indian is a good motorcycle movie.

Oh and lastly, that last Mission Impossible (Rogue Nation) has some really nice motorcycle chase scenes.
 
Thread starter
All righty! Wild Hogs is arriving today via Netflix. Of course, the wife is home now, so she will be giving me the big eye roll when I pop it in :angel:
 
She will laugh too. Very family friendly movie
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
She will laugh too. Very family friendly movie
Yeah, She just thinks the whole "Bob's having another midlife crisis" thing is pretty funny.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
All righty! Wild Hogs is arriving today via Netflix. Of course, the wife is home now, so she will be giving me the big eye roll when I pop it in :angel:
I just added Wild Hogs in my Netflix queue and now it shows "very long wait." So please hurry up and return it as soon as you watch it! LOL

They already shipped "One Week" but I may return it before watching it since it's on Youtube, per LongRanger.
 
I watched "One Week" and thought it was tremendous. Very well done, and certainly worth watching if for nothing else but seeing that Norton.
 
Alright, I confess that although, yes, they are terrible movies, sometimes I find entertainment value in JUST HOW BAD some movies are. Lol.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Alright, I confess that although, yes, they are terrible movies, sometimes I find entertainment value in JUST HOW BAD some movies are. Lol.
I get ya. Sounds like the case of the "it's so bad it's good."
 
Back
Top