A Good Read

Paulb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've been helped through a drab, wet and cold Winter by the writings of Peter Egan. I've read his trilogy of 'Leanings' books and enjoyed every word. I wondered if anyone could recommend authors and titles of a similar nature.
 
Leanings 2
Leanings 3

Egan is the only author I really enjoy reading

However also I have

No Thru Road by Clement Salvadori and
10 Years on Two Wheels by Helge Pedersen

Which are just ok IMO

i do have 15 reference books on motorcycles that I like to read occassionally to bone up on the old stuff, and have the entire collections of Motorcycle Classics Magazine and Moto Retro Illustrated to re-read again and again, plus subscriptions to Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Roadrunner and Rider.
 
I'm about a third way through Ted Simon's Jupiter's Travels right now. It's as much a travel book as motorcycle book, but I love it so far and would certainly recommend it.
 
Thread starter
I am reading Shop class as Soul Craft by Matthew B Crawford. It is not a true motorcycle book but I am really enjoying the book.
 
Thread starter
drodg58_imp said:
I am reading Shop class as Soul Craft by Matthew B Crawford. It is not a true motorcycle book but I am really enjoying the book.
Thanks for that one, it sounds like a more practical version of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I ordered it and now have four books on their way to me. Cheers.
alphonsus_imp said:
I'm about a third way through Ted Simon's Jupiter's Travels right now. It's as much a travel book as motorcycle book, but I love it so far and would certainly recommend it.
I read the first Ted Simon book years ago and really enjoyed it, I then started his second book where retraces his trip and it was a real disappointment. Not his fault, just a testimony to the way the world has changed in forty years.
 
Have "Leanings" and "Leanings 2".

Suggest "Rebuilding the Indian" for insight on improving personal relationships (yeah, not a riding book).
 
I just finished reading "Catch a Fire " : the life of Bob Marley.
I love reading biographies and books about Rock and Roll from the fifties to the eighties. Especially books about the Rolling Stones.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I just finished reading "Catch a Fire " : the life of Bob Marley.
I love reading biographies and books about Rock and Roll from the fifties to the eighties. Especially books about the Rolling Stones.
(+5) Absolutely totally with you Houtman. Off topic, but Bohemian Rhapsody was released today on Blu-Ray. Includes the '85 Live-Aid concert in it entirety, apparently. I thought the movie was above my expectations.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I just finished reading "Catch a Fire " : the life of Bob Marley.
I love reading biographies and books about Rock and Roll from the fifties to the eighties. Especially books about the Rolling Stones.
Live, April 24 :P, enjoy it
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I just finished reading "Catch a Fire " : the life of Bob Marley.
I love reading biographies and books about Rock and Roll from the fifties to the eighties. Especially books about the Rolling Stones.
Live, April 24 :P, enjoy it
Live, April 24 :P, enjoy it
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN , EVEN IF I STILL HAVE TO WEAR MY PULL UPS !
 
Back
Top