A Castle in Georgia

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Made a ride to Hinesville, GA this morning and taking the scenic route, passed by Celebration Castle, a dinner club with a Medieval theme and located pretty much in the middle of nowhere. After running an errand in Hinesville I took a few pics of the "castle" and from there the loooong way home. Wonderful ride and great weather.

Google Maps

5754953e1964502ba3fe5429f1489ce2.jpg


19b397befde76037d081bf8791b7106e.jpg


The "castle is guarded by these winged "Griffons". Turkey Vultures.

597f24c67317443b307367a633d13b3e.jpg


6a86592045e8cb316ecdec87aedaf7e6.jpg
 
cool pics redbirds especially of the clean up crew.

for entertainment they should have jousting on motorcycles while they eat the animals :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
use2b_imp said:
cool pics redbirds especially of the clean up crew.

for entertainment they should have jousting on motorcycles while they eat the animals :thumbsup:
That would be very entertaining.
 
Very cool birds!

Di and I passed a lone tree in the middle of a field loaded with black headed vultures last evening. Told her "hope we don't crash, they would have our bones picked clean before the paramedics could even get here" lol.
 
Gotta love a castle.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Very cool birds!

Di and I passed a lone tree in the middle of a field loaded with black headed vultures last evening. Told her "hope we don't crash, they would have our bones picked clean before the paramedics could even get here" lol.
They will pick you clean. A few years back, two bow hunting friends and I were hog hunting on Ossabaw Island, two hogs were killed that first morning. We boned out the meat and left the remains at the high tide edge. By next afternoon the Black and Turkey Vultures had left nothing but clean bones.
 
That is cool....reminds me of the castle we went to in Chicago

3d5e0862ec33252c449ea2b45be5d2a6.jpg


This was a dinner theater place.....https://www.medievaltimes.com/plan-your-trip/chicago-il/index.html

Not really my cup of tea....but if you have horse loving wives, daughters or grand daughters....this is the place to go.

I was impressed on the condition of the horses, manes, etc....they put a tremendous about of time into those horses.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Made a ride to Hinesville, GA this morning and taking the scenic route, passed by Celebration Castle, a dinner club with a Medieval theme and located pretty much in the middle of nowhere. After running an errand in Hinesville I took a few pics of the "castle" and from there the loooong way home. Wonderful ride and great weather.

Google Maps

5754953e1964502ba3fe5429f1489ce2.jpg


19b397befde76037d081bf8791b7106e.jpg


The "castle is guarded by these winged "Griffons". Turkey Vultures.

597f24c67317443b307367a633d13b3e.jpg


6a86592045e8cb316ecdec87aedaf7e6.jpg
am I the only one who's mind drifted back to the other dinner club in the middle of nowhere - 1990 movie The Freshman with Matthew Broderick and Marlon Brando ?
 
Back
Top