A "business" trip to Western Germany

itsme67_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I literally love this bike so much that I suffered by the thought to leave it alone during a business trip. :) The only solution was to make the trip by bike instead of flying or going by car or train. So I packed my few things and went from North Germany to West Germany with my CB for a business meeting. “Enforcedly” I avoided freeways and used the much more beautiful country roads. And I managed to extend the trip a bit to have a nice ride in North Rhine-Westphalia and to the Netherlands as well as to visit one of the bigger traditional biker meetings. In sum I rode 1500 km

A local farmhouse


A short break during the trip


A picture of local industry, still active,


and ancient industrial infrastructure (shot while moving slowly with the bike)


streets I like


leading to small villages with beautiful churches


and friendly natives :D

some pictures from the biker meeting







and going home
 
Nice pictures! As Americans we frequently forget people live in other countries; I thought this was going to be a story about shipping the bike overseas!

As a non-American you're certainly lighter than myself, living in the Land of the Free Refills as I do, which explains how you tolerated the seat that long!
 
Great report ItsMe. I visited Germany for the first time last year and spent some of the time in the west. I enjoyed it a lot.
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Thanks for sharing. Great business trip!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you ;)


Elipten_imp said:
Thanks for sharing. Great business trip!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you really say inventory...?
Wow, I am envious of your "inventory".
Do you need any assistance with it .....?:D:D

Rick Froscheiser Wrote:Very nice pictures. Looks like you made the right choice by taking the bike.
Thanks for sharing.
Ride safe my friend.
Thank you! I wish that everybody here, that every motorcyclist has a safe ride!

shdwghst457_imp said:
Nice pictures! As Americans we frequently forget people live in other countries; I thought this was going to be a story about shipping the bike overseas!

As a non-American you're certainly lighter than myself, living in the Land of the Free Refills as I do, which explains how you tolerated the seat that long!
:) Thank you for your nice and friendly comment, but with an age of mid 40 I think that I have to accept the negative impacts of goood food too. I must confess that some parts of my body were hurting .....

BTW: I was already thinking on shipping my bike overseas too have a ride in the US, New Zealand, Australia ... there are so much beautiful location in the world I would like to visit by bike. This is one of many reasons why like this forum...I can see wonderful rides and locations in several parts of the world. But some day I'll be retired .....

Cormanus_imp said:
Great report ItsMe. I visited Germany for the first time last year and spent some of the time in the west. I enjoyed it a lot.
Thank you! If you (or any other forum member) every visit Germany again and are interessted in a ride, just tell. We could organize a bike from a local dealer for you and have a "cross-cultural" ride by bike. I would reallyy appreciate it.
 
itsme67_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
Thanks for sharing. Great business trip!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you ;)


Elipten_imp said:
Thanks for sharing. Great business trip!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you really say inventory...?
Wow, I am envious of your "inventory".
Do you need any assistance with it .....?:D:D

Rick Froscheiser Wrote:Very nice pictures. Looks like you made the right choice by taking the bike.
Thanks for sharing.
Ride safe my friend.
Thank you! I wish that everybody here, that every motorcyclist has a safe ride!

shdwghst457_imp said:
Nice pictures! As Americans we frequently forget people live in other countries; I thought this was going to be a story about shipping the bike overseas!

As a non-American you're certainly lighter than myself, living in the Land of the Free Refills as I do, which explains how you tolerated the seat that long!
:) Thank you for your nice and friendly comment, but with an age of mid 40 I think that I have to accept the negative impacts of goood food too. I must confess that some parts of my body were hurting .....

BTW: I was already thinking on shipping my bike overseas too have a ride in the US, New Zealand, Australia ... there are so much beautiful location in the world I would like to visit by bike. This is one of many reasons why like this forum...I can see wonderful rides and locations in several parts of the world. But some day I'll be retired .....

Cormanus_imp said:
Great report ItsMe. I visited Germany for the first time last year and spent some of the time in the west. I enjoyed it a lot.
Thank you! If you (or any other forum member) every visit Germany again and are interessted in a ride, just tell. We could organize a bike from a local dealer for you and have a "cross-cultural" ride by bike. I would reallyy appreciate it.
Thanks! itsme. That is very kind. I hope one day to be able to take you up on it.

Likewise, if you ever visit this part of Australia, I'd welcome the opportunity to show you a road or two.
 
Back
Top