7" Headlight Grill

chienhyu_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi,

Does anyone can share information about headlight grill for CB1100?
I am looking for the grill which can be install on the CB1100 without any modification since I am from oversea and there will be a issue if the grill can't fit on CB1100 exactly.



e2b803fdba392bb1e8eaafd0c8bc535a.jpg


Any information will help, Thanks !!

Roger
 
I have not seen any grills for the CB1100 nor seen where any member has put one on his bike. I think this is a standard size headlight (7") and looks exactly like the Bonnie set up you posted in the second pic. maybe measure a Bonnie and measure your CB, and if similar order one from a Bonnie?
 
I have seen that top one before (though not on a cb) and I think they look really good! Hopefully you can find one that works, if not I will be making one some day im sure :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Just got a set from ebay and it is for Royal Enfield 7" Headlight which is universal grill as well.
We will see what is going to be if I can make it install on my CB1100
 
I saw one on ebay awhile back. Universal, but I almost bought it. Please post pictures if any of you try this out. I see this as a future mod, I will do.
 
Thread starter
JF Coastal_imp said:
I saw one on ebay awhile back. Universal, but I almost bought it. Please post pictures if any of you try this out. I see this as a future mod, I will do.
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

26eb0ec09e37f207a11fc34e9b0ad209.jpg


86bca5c3ea92e4557da756a500ff7ab2.jpg


49593595c09883cdd1b3bb209f1edda2.jpg
 
chienhyu_imp said:
JF Coastal_imp said:
I saw one on ebay awhile back. Universal, but I almost bought it. Please post pictures if any of you try this out. I see this as a future mod, I will do.
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

26eb0ec09e37f207a11fc34e9b0ad209.jpg


86bca5c3ea92e4557da756a500ff7ab2.jpg


49593595c09883cdd1b3bb209f1edda2.jpg
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

cbcd9279152e9f976192b5478ecc3217.jpg


874f381f2c64870f0d1253a6b3585180.jpg


53c11202361fb8072e719ee9cbdddcee.jpg

How does it mount? Did it go straight on, or did you have to modify it?
 
chienhyu_imp said:
JF Coastal_imp said:
I saw one on ebay awhile back. Universal, but I almost bought it. Please post pictures if any of you try this out. I see this as a future mod, I will do.
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

26eb0ec09e37f207a11fc34e9b0ad209.jpg


86bca5c3ea92e4557da756a500ff7ab2.jpg


49593595c09883cdd1b3bb209f1edda2.jpg
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

90c39511e887f4cd2357f87298e67f6a.jpg


8e546817665e2864ac6d388203429edc.jpg


d54e32ecfbada0abca0695be3e649034.jpg
Chienhyu,

Is this the grill you go?

7ab5a53e38efeb58dd1786dacfc7b3be.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
I'd love to see answers to the questions asked here. I have considered going this route myself and it would be great to here the voice of experience from someone that has done it.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
I'd love to see answers to the questions asked here. I have considered going this route myself and it would be great to here the voice of experience from someone that has done it.


Sent from an undisclosed location
I went ahead and ordered that one. $15 I figured I couldn't go wrong. The down side is it shipped out from India and isn't expected for another 2 weeks yet.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Haven't seen that before. If I was going to go with the x (which I do like) I would run some tape instead

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
gbpack89_imp said:
chienhyu_imp said:
JF Coastal_imp said:
I saw one on ebay awhile back. Universal, but I almost bought it. Please post pictures if any of you try this out. I see this as a future mod, I will do.
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

26eb0ec09e37f207a11fc34e9b0ad209.jpg


86bca5c3ea92e4557da756a500ff7ab2.jpg


49593595c09883cdd1b3bb209f1edda2.jpg
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

90c39511e887f4cd2357f87298e67f6a.jpg


8e546817665e2864ac6d388203429edc.jpg


d54e32ecfbada0abca0695be3e649034.jpg
Chienhyu,

Is this the grill you go?

7ab5a53e38efeb58dd1786dacfc7b3be.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

f8eb30e79e30166bf609b7c0bd8cf1ef.jpg


dad3f2415419c9b6db6a45120a2fb796.jpg


aeb6ee0434d513dd66cdd415f274d32b.jpg
Chienhyu,

Is this the grill you go?

05c07e97d34bc37724a4b7ea09ad9a40.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes I got this one from same seller but I bought it via EBay.
Well, It took forever to receive this grill from seller. only thing I can tell ya is "Be Patient"
 
Yeah it just came today. Fits perfect. Well worth the wait!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
chienhyu_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:
chienhyu_imp said:
JF Coastal_imp said:
I saw one on ebay awhile back. Universal, but I almost bought it. Please post pictures if any of you try this out. I see this as a future mod, I will do.
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

26eb0ec09e37f207a11fc34e9b0ad209.jpg


86bca5c3ea92e4557da756a500ff7ab2.jpg


49593595c09883cdd1b3bb209f1edda2.jpg
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

90c39511e887f4cd2357f87298e67f6a.jpg


8e546817665e2864ac6d388203429edc.jpg


d54e32ecfbada0abca0695be3e649034.jpg
Chienhyu,

Is this the grill you go?

7ab5a53e38efeb58dd1786dacfc7b3be.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

f8eb30e79e30166bf609b7c0bd8cf1ef.jpg


dad3f2415419c9b6db6a45120a2fb796.jpg


aeb6ee0434d513dd66cdd415f274d32b.jpg
Chienhyu,

Is this the grill you go?

05c07e97d34bc37724a4b7ea09ad9a40.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes I got this one from same seller but I bought it via EBay.
Well, It took forever to receive this grill from seller. only thing I can tell ya is "Be Patient"
Just done on my headlight grill, take a look..

42e27182035be2122c60ad9efcc8317a.jpg


ed4a63dde933a5694441daa1bd71e69c.jpg


cfa081969f2757df308340154d980e1b.jpg
Chienhyu,

Is this the grill you go?

ab74648b33cea1d565c4f88b6855765a.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes I got this one from same seller but I bought it via EBay.
Well, It took forever to receive this grill from seller. only thing I can tell ya is "Be Patient" Side note. Where did you get theyyellow lens?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Just a question. Why would one want a yellow headlight? Isn't it dark at night?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Just a question. Why would one want a yellow headlight? Isn't it dark at night?
5c178f9d2c9e3639bde140fe7b8dde01.jpg


There are actually real world benefits. Yellow stands out better during the day because it's a bit out of the norm.

They also say its like a 15% loss in light out put, but it makes a large improvement in bad weather because it doesn't cause as much glare

And because race car. :cool:

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top