6mm Torx Wrench

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The front disk brakes on the non-ABS model use five 6mm x 18mm Torex bolts. I want to remove the bolts to pull the collars and paint the collars gold - or find someone that will anodyze them.

Any suggestions for finding a 6mm Torex wrench? I'm reluctant to use a Torex bit. I think the bolts will require some force to remove and I'd like a solid one piece wrench - think hex wrenches. I don't want to bugger them up.

I've found torex wrench sets but they are on the pricy side and all I'll ever need is a 6mm Torx.

I tried some auto supply dealers, no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The front disk brakes on the non-ABS model use five 6mm x 18mm Torex bolts. I want to remove the bolts to pull the collars and paint the collars gold - or find someone that will anodyze them.

Any suggestions for finding a 6mm Torex wrench? I'm reluctant to use a Torex bit. I think the bolts will require some force to remove and I'd like a solid one piece wrench - think hex wrenches. I don't want to bugger them up.

I've found torex wrench sets but they are on the pricy side and all I'll ever need is a 6mm Torx.

I tried some auto supply dealers, no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help
I've used this type with a socket wrench. I know this qualifies as a "bit" but it is permanently embedded in the socket.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-T30-3-8-in-Drive-Torx-Bit-Socket-H3DHBST30/202913546
 
Have you tried NAPA stores ?
Other wise Google the size and some supplier will just sell that size but the shipping could perhaps cost more than just buying a set locally.
 
You can get the Craftsman torx sockets at Sears, but unfortunately you have to buy the whole set...that's what I had to do a few years back


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The front disk brakes on the non-ABS model use five 6mm x 18mm Torex bolts. I want to remove the bolts to pull the collars and paint the collars gold - or find someone that will anodyze them.

Any suggestions for finding a 6mm Torex wrench? I'm reluctant to use a Torex bit. I think the bolts will require some force to remove and I'd like a solid one piece wrench - think hex wrenches. I don't want to bugger them up.

I've found torex wrench sets but they are on the pricy side and all I'll ever need is a 6mm Torx.

I tried some auto supply dealers, no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help
They come off fairly easy. Go to Harbor f. or Walmart. The size you will be using will be a 3/8 drive. easy, Easy.. Jayimpalaman
 
Torx socket is a T30 and recommended torque is 15lb/ft which is not going to require a huge amount of effort to undo. Over the years I have bought Koken seperately at no great cost.
 
An other good place to buy individual sockets etc. etc. is
MSC Industrial Supply. mscdirect.com
I have bought many "odd" size sockets from them and you can pick the quality you want.
I bought many Pronto sockets and happy with the quality of them.
 
Thread starter
I proudly put away my new multi bit torx wonder from McMaster Carr and promptly discovered over a dozen torx bits including 4 others in the exact size I needed in the bottom my (previously disorganized)tool chest.

Oops.
 
Back
Top