5...6...7........8??!?

Short Timer_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, so I did what I always do with a new scoot after a few hundred miles; I go stretch the legs a bit.

And therein lies the question. If 85 miles per hour barely tickles 4K rpm then what the hell are all those other numbers for - low earth orbit?? Or are they just for looks?

I have to ask 'cause I don't expect I'll find out otherwise. :cool:
 
:rofl: that struck me so funny for some reason.

And to be honest I also have no idea what those numbers on the tach are for. Chances are my bike will never see them either
 
I think they're there for balance or symmetry or something like that.
 
Put in in 1st or 2nd gear and crack the throttle wide open and you will find out what those other numbers are for. Trust me on that.
 
Has anyone seen the torque vs rpm or hp vs rpm graph? I'd like to if anyone has a link.

I'm guessing the peak torque is from 4-7 and peak hp is near 8? Not like the big long stroke twins that have the torque in the lower rpm?

I'm just guessing, anyone that knows, please correct me.

I've tached it out in 1st and near red in 2nd, but after that I'm already going above any legal speed limit so I back off ;-)
 
look how even the torque curve is from 3500 to peak at 5800 and a bit beyond

notice how linear the horsepower builds from basically 1000 rpms to peak at 7300

those are why this bike is so satisfying to ride

 
Great graph! Thanks Ferret!

Now I see why I get the urge to shift about 7 even under max acceleration, as the torque starts to decrease.
 
Back
Top