3D printed strap adapters for the CB1100 mounting pegs

LayerCake_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I could not figure out if the pegs on the CB1100 are meant for any specific purpose or piece of luggage so I designed and 3D printed some adapters to make my straps look neater on my SW-MOTECH PRO Roadpack.
61d4540c2b2ae234e53d3bc875479a78.jpg
439116fcea96e2b01848805f1b5de4b8.jpg
 
Beautiful work, my friend. I doubt the original designers of those pegs ever dreamed something this nice would hang from them.
 
I want some. Hurry up and get 25 posts so you can sell them in the for sale section of the forum.
 
Thread starter
Thank you folks.
I probably won't be selling them but if they don't weirdly break during the next few trips I'll upload them to printables so anyone can download them and get them 3D printed.
They are designed for the 20mm wide straps on the SW-MOTECH bags and need the strap to end in a loop.
 
I have a cheapo / no-name brand saddle bag, very similar to the one shown in form and function, and it uses the same strap material (in the same position). Seems to me that the files might be useful for many other bags like this.

Thank you Layer, I’d be among the first to download the files when available.

Any other ideas what 3D printing could do to the happiness of a CB rider ?
 
Thread starter
OK here's a link to the files after mine have successfully travelled a few hundred kilometers:
https://www.printables.com/model/223971
j3gq_imp said:
I have a cheapo / no-name brand saddle bag, very similar to the one shown in form and function, and it uses the same strap material (in the same position). Seems to me that the files might be useful for many other bags like this.

Thank you Layer, I’d be among the first to download the files when available.

Any other ideas what 3D printing could do to the happiness of a CB rider ?
I will design some mounting hardware for my Smart Brake Module when I get arround to it.
 
Ordered my "prints" last week, received them by mail today.
Really a good idea, layer.

I was wondering if 3D printing doesn't allow to choose between different material properties, like say strength, flexibility, etc.
If so, are this properties part of the above given "spec / definition" files, or does one have to provide such information through a separate channel.
 
This reminds me of a guy on the Ford Fiesta ST forum who has made a cottage industry from 3D printing and selling small bits for the car to forum members to solve little annoyances. One is a blocker piece to keep items from dropping into a gap around the brake handle, another is a small cup to help retrieve items from a hard-to-access portion of the center console.

What other convenient items can be 3D printed for the CB1100? RLETs in different colors, perhaps? My dream has always been to have someone produce the "female" mounting portions of a Givi Monokey box, so that I can attach them to any box I like and snap it in place on my Monokey rack - a vintage style briefcase, for example.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
This reminds me of a guy on the Ford Fiesta ST forum who has made a cottage industry from 3D printing and selling small bits for the car to forum members to solve little annoyances. One is a blocker piece to keep items from dropping into a gap around the brake handle, another is a small cup to help retrieve items from a hard-to-access portion of the center console.

What other convenient items can be 3D printed for the CB1100? RLETs in different colors, perhaps? My dream has always been to have someone produce the "female" mounting portions of a Givi Monokey box, so that I can attach them to any box I like and snap it in place on my Monokey rack - a vintage style briefcase, for example.
3D printed RLET protectors would probably sell well around here, lol.
 
Back
Top