2025 East Coast Rally Official thread

peterbaron said:
Lord Popgun said:
I don’t know.  I officially retire on 30 Sep, so maybe next year.

My idea of a rally isn’t to ride 500 miles to get there and then ride all over for a week.  I’m more of ride to get there, shop, eat, drink, socialize, nap, rinse and repeat :)

MiLord, lmk how much money are you bringing with you..then I'll advise you if have enough to do enjoyable shopping... :P

Don’t need money.  Just a bunch of cool plastic cards… :)
 
the Ferret said:
You don't HAVE to go on the daily rides. They are an option for those that like to come and ride on different roads in different places. Everyone is free to do what they want. Come evening we socialize.
Right, I discovered several rallies ago that piloting a beastly sidecar with a 76 lb canine co-pilot (Hank) hitched to the CB1100 isn’t exactly a recipe for carving up twisty mountain roads. These days, I skip the group rides. Instead, Hank and I will explore at a more “leisurely” pace, sniffing out (literally, in his case) the local area and hunting down pet-friendly cafes, pubs, and scenic hangouts. And the evening gatherings are always a highlight! Looking forward to to the upcoming days.
 
Lord Popgun said:
Don’t need money.  Just a bunch of cool plastic cards… :)

Don't even need them any more. Just one of them new-fangled telephones that you carry in your pocket. EmptySea probably has one. :cool:
 
Offroad and I pulled in the hotel a little bit ago. Getting settled into the room and then headed for dinner someplace
 
Ladies and Gents, Have a great riding week, sorry I cannot attend due to my visit to France including visiting a farm.

The route selected sound exciting and hope there's no rain in the forecast.  

I can see Steve fully geared up to set the pace.
Mtneers, Ferret, Adam, Aman, I will miss the beer and chit chat after each ride.
Suhawk305, will you attend the rally this year?

Good luck to all, have a safe and great ride.

Alain

:biker:.  :biker:.  :biker:.
 
[attachment=618]
RickCB and SneakyFast are on the way
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250824_114612097~2.webp
    PXL_20250824_114612097~2.webp
    1 MB · Views: 30
I departed home this morning, but I only got ~25 miles from home.  The bike started missing.  I suspected the #3 plug wire due to what happened when I changed spark plugs last week.  When I pulled the wire off the #3 plug, part of the wire remained on the plug.  Photo below.  So at that time I removed the part from the plug, and I figured I'd try to put the part back on (in) the wire.  I pushed it into the wire and it took a lot of force but went in.  Felt like a decent friction fit, so I reassembled all and it has been running flawlessly until this morning.

So, naturally when it started missing today, I pulled over and pushed the #3 wire good and tight down onto the plug and got back on the road.  It did not work, or at least not for long.  The missing returned.  I stopped again and looked it over.  I also checked the left side and noticed that (perhaps) the #2 plug wire was not down as far as #1.  So like a dummy, instead of just pushing down on #2, I pulled it off the plug intending to push it right back on, and of course the same piece came off on the #2 plug as had happened previously on #3.  I tried to get the piece off the plug with my fingers, but with gloves I couldn't get it, and the motor was too hot for bare hands.  So I pushed the #2 wire back into place as hard as I could, but after everything was back together, it ran much rougher, just good enough to get me home.

Curious if others have encountered this problem with the wires.  I'm looking at the parts diagram and it appears that the coil assemblies come with the wires, and the cap assemblies are separate.  Not sure how they get put together.  Also, I'm curious if a proper repair of the wires can be done when this happens.  Thanks for any ideas.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250815_105614109.webp
    PXL_20250815_105614109.webp
    739.8 KB · Views: 50
Thread starter
Maaaannnmm that iss gut punch. I hope youre able to conquer it. Replacing those ignition wires could be the only real solution if there are bits of them coming off.
 
peterbaron said:
Need new/OEM set of s/p wires to avoid misfiring and additional problems!

That's what I'm thinking.  So, if I need to replace wires #2 and #3, it looks like they're both attached to one ignition coil:
COIL ASSY., IGNITION (#2, #3) 30521-MGC-D31

It looks like I also need 2x CAP ASSY., NOISE SUPPRESSOR 30705-MGC-013

What I don't get is, how are these assembled when I get them?  Will I need to crimp connectors onto wires?

And that makes me think, if I have to build the wires, is there a way to disassemble the ones that I have, in order to see and perhaps fix the problem?

If I can fix it in the garage tonight, I can make it to Kingsport tomorrow.  If I have to wait for parts, I miss the rally.
 
Hope you get it figured Lunchbag.

Mr P led Cytocatlady, Belray (up from Fla) myself and Offroad on a wonderfully curvy 165 mile ride thru the Va/Tenn hills. Inspiring scenery in which the lush green of the ever present Kudzu actually adding to beauty as you'd head into an downhill/uphill series of sweeper S curves with a carpet of lush greenery coming right up the the edges of the road. Very cool.
 
That's not good news, Lunchbag. I hope you can repair it.
 
Thread starter
the Ferret said:
Hope you get it figured Lunchbag.

Mr P led Cytocatlady, Belray (up from Fla) myself and Offroad on a wonderfully curvy 165 mile ride thru the Va/Tenn hills. Inspiring scenery in which the lush green of the ever present Kudzu actually adding to beauty as you'd head into an downhill/uphill series of sweeper S curves with a carpet of lush greenery coming right up the the edges of the road. Very cool.

The kudzu were all intertwined with Honeysuckle too because you could smell it STRONGLY all the way down the road.  Hoards of butterflies too. Gonna be picking them out of my helmet all night.
 
2017 CB said:
Ladies and Gents, Have a great riding week, sorry I cannot attend due to my visit to France including visiting a farm.

The route selected sound exciting and hope there's no rain in the forecast.  

I can see Steve fully geared up to set the pace.
Mtneers, Ferret, Adam, Aman, I will miss the beer and chit chat after each ride.
Suhawk305, will you attend the rally this year?

Good luck to all, have a safe and great ride.

Alain

:biker:.  :biker:.  :biker:.

I arrived today Alain.
 
[quote="Lunchbag" pid='270509' dateline='1756064410']
peterbaron said:
Need new/OEM set of s/p wires to avoid misfiring and additional problems!

That's what I'm thinking.  So, if I need to replace wires #2 and #3, it looks like they're both attached to one ignition coil:
COIL ASSY., IGNITION (#2, #3) 30521-MGC-D31

It looks like I also need 2x CAP ASSY., NOISE SUPPRESSOR 30705-MGC-013

What I don't get is, how are these assembled when I get them?  Will I need to crimp connectors onto wires?

And that makes me think, if I have to build the wires, is there a way to disassemble the ones that I have, in order to see and perhaps fix the problem?

If I can fix it in the garage tonight, I can make it to Kingsport tomorrow.  If I have to wait for parts, I miss the rally.
[/QUOTE]

Wishing you the very best. David
 
Good talking with you last night. We both agreed the caps for #2 & #3 will need to be replaced, because the end that connects to the spark plugs had broken off the cap. You also confirmed the other end has the tradition “screw”, which you can unscrew the caps and thread the new caps unto the existing wires.

Good luck. Let us know how you come out. Thanks

-Ray
 
Back
Top