2021 Rider Resolutions (Goals, Aspirations, and other such silliness)

Lol I hear ya ... not getting any younger.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus

And thanks to the generosity of my good friend Empty Sea who loaned me his CB 1100 for a day, I was able to knock off state # 43 off the list of lower 48 states I have ridden in.
I'm going to be in the vicinity of states #44-48 probably in 2021 (food for thought)
 
Slackers!!!
fa21609fbe43ee7fb983591e8c2a3495.png
d0fab5b8fcb2dee8f2a2f10bee45edff.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Here are my 2021 goals restated with updates in red below each:

EmptySea_imp said:
2021 Motorcycling Goals

1. Continue my streak of riding at least once every month (started in March, 2014)
2. Attend the Eastern CB1100 Rally in Ohio (with my wife)
3. Ride 183 days (an average of every other day)
4. Ride at least 15,000 miles
5. Ride with Ferret
6. Visit at least 10 Tour of Honor sites
7. Visit at least 3 National Parks/Monuments on a motorcycle.
8. Complete my second SS 1000 (or other Iron Butt Association ride)
9. Ride in a state (or province? ;) ) in which I have never ridden.
10. Ride on the coldest day of 2021 in Chicagoland.
11. *new one* - Ride with my brother. He has decided to take up motorcycling at the age of 67. He did ride a bit when he was younger, but he's taking the MSF course in the Spring and is looking to buy a Triumph Bobber. He's a bit older than I am so it will be fun to be the "big brother" when it comes to riding.


-------
My new states (Goal #9) are likely to be Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and possibly North Dakota. Our group's "big trip" is to Custer, SD (recommended by LongRanger). I recall that The Ferret needs to ride in either SD or ND (or both) so, if he wants to join us in Custer for all or part of the week of 7/3 - 7/9, just let me know and we can reserve another cabin at the Chalet Motor-court in Custer.
I complied the information for this post last night. I was feeling like it was a "bad" riding year because of the number of goals that were not met, particularly the #days and the miles. This morning, I ran into a friend who rides and he asked me if I rode much in 2021. I dejectedly told him "Only 76 days and 6,000 miles". He laughed and said "Look, I know that's not how much you usually do, but I can only dream of being able to ride that much". That taught me a valuable lesson on perspective. This was a great riding year for me for so many, many reasons, including being able to ride with some of my fellow Forum enthusiasts -- If my only ride of the year was heading back to the hotel from Big Muskie's Bucket on Ohio 78 with mnteers hot on my tail, it still would have been a fantastic riding year. :)


I'll post up a 2022 "resolutions" thread later unless someone else already has.
 
I think you can be happy with those achievements, MTC. Well done
 
EmptySea

EmptySea' pid='311129' dateline='1639519880 said:
Here are my 2021 goals restated with updates in red below each:

EmptySea' pid='283404' dateline='1608145765 said:
2021 Motorcycling Goals

-- If my only ride of the year was heading back to the hotel from Big Muskie's Bucket on Ohio 78 with mtneers hot on my tail, it still would have been a fantastic riding year. :)


That was a good ride!
ca0ba07964a9662a2baa386c5519768d.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top