2020 Indian FTR 1200 Rally

Thread starter
lash_imp said:
Front fender is a waste of time...
Probably a fork protection afterthought, albeit still feeble even for adventure riding.

lash: Which Ontario community are you chiming in from?
 
Nothing here which piques my interest. I was at the Indian dealer a couple of weeks back and their red framed version of the FTR with the red/white tank was a real looker. But, even on that model I would need to get a different exhaust because I wouldn’t be able to get past it’s looks. North of $15K for a base model is still a stiff kick in the wallet for what you get.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
lash_imp said:
Front fender is a waste of time...
Probably a fork protection afterthought, albeit still feeble even for adventure riding.

lash: Which Ontario community are you chiming in from?
Probably a fork protection afterthought, albeit still feeble even for adventure riding.

lash: Which Ontario community are you chiming in from? Arthur, north of Guelph..
 
Thread starter
lash_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
lash_imp said:
Front fender is a waste of time...
Probably a fork protection afterthought, albeit still feeble even for adventure riding.

lash: Which Ontario community are you chiming in from?
Probably a fork protection afterthought, albeit still feeble even for adventure riding.

lash: Which Ontario community are you chiming in from? Arthur, north of Guelph..
Arthur, north of Guelph..
Some peaceful country lash.
 
Somewhere on this site a while back I mentioned that the FTR would probably be a platform for an upcoming ADV bike. I was at the Indian dealer Friday and their top of the line FTR model was sitting on the floor with a price tag over $19,000. That’s right....over $19K large. I didn’t check to see if it was a 19 or 20 model year. Mind you, it did have an aftermarket Russian exhaust on it. Now, take that and turn it into an ADV model, add the prerequisite $1,500 in aluminum luggage and see if Indian will be able to keep that bike under $20,000.
 
That's a large pile of change for a motorcycle in my view.
 
Thread starter
Could be price challenging for Harley and Indian to maintain (assuming they get there) market presence in the ADV space?
 
redbirds_imp said:
This bike is priced far above it's value, nice as it is. The Ducati Scrambler is bargain priced in comparison.
Ducati scrambler made in Thailand. After living in SE Asia for many years, you couldn’t pay me to take a bike made there.

I love the Polaris machines I’ve had. I’ll buy an FTR in the next few years to pair with my CB11. Support a home state business and finally an American made bike that I actually want. Of course I’ll go all in for the Race replica with Slovenian exhaust (Akrapovic).
 
I had the opportunity to ride one of these at length in Alabama earlier this year. The FTR1200 was such a disappointment. I really believed it would be one of the bikes in the same price range as the CB1100 that could be *better* than the CB1100 but it was not at all the case. Its power delivery profile seems poorly though out. the bike feels like garbage below 2500 RPMs. its ergos are unnecessarily aggressive. its touch screen instruments are unnecessarily obtuse. The only thing it has going for it is that it's very very light for its size and very powerful for the price. I'll admit it would be a great bike to track, because it's very happy when being wrung out and thrashed, but that's just not what the real world is like. The CB was better. i was stunned when i realized it.
 
Back
Top