2019 Honda Super Cub C125 ABS

Dover_MA_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Good review -- thanks for sharing. The U.S.-spec Monkey has a similar taillight, which is unlike what you see on the Asian and Euro versions. I believe it was lifted off the Grom.
And the US spec 2019 Monkey turn signals should look very familiar to anyone with a US 2017 cb1100ex. Both use the same turn signal lens at all four corners. Honda part 33401-mfr-305. The chrome bodies of the turn signals are identical to my eye, but part numbers are not the same. Nor are prices - one front turn signal complete for the cb1100ex is about $35 whereas one front turn signal for a Monkey (z125m) is over $150.

The Monkey guys on the Grom forum seem to really dislike their US spec turn signals. Perhaps if they knew the heritage behind them they might be more appreciative!
Dover_MA - Good catch on the price difference - that's significant!
 
Welcome BobbyC.
 
Crikey! The biggest selling automobile/bike ever.
 
my wife is right on the cusp of getting one. what i'm hearing around the block is that April is when dealers on the East Coast are finally going to get them. she's going to be scrambling for one. she thinks it's cute as a button, and it's cheaper with ABS than the Monkey.
 
I'll tell you the bike they were modeled after, although only 50cc, was just astounding.At 125 cc it's got to be phenomenal.
 
If it becomes an issue for the owner, finding a buyer for a used Super Cub C125 ABS should be much easier as it reaches a larger audience since it is more practical for day-to-day use compared to say the Monkey.
 
I would love to buy one of the new Super Cup 125 as my love for Honda started when I was 16 and had a 49 cc Honda Cup in Holland but I am afraid that the 125 will get little use here in the mountains.
 
A long time ago I had a C90 for a number of years. It was a fun machine, except in the wind.
 
Thread starter
got my Super Cub home today
tried to post a pic but it was too large
$4100 out the door
needs a luggage rack

cellphone pics



 
Very cool Ole. Bet that is a lot of fun. The original one's were, and they were only 50 cc. Congrats brother.
 
Thread starter
125 cc’s of Japanese fury
maiden voyage was 18 miles
it pulled my fat butt up to 60mph
 
Congrats Ole! I’d really like one.

On the Honda powersports site it shows the Cub with a rack. If the dealer can’t get it, maybe Mr. T can.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice Ole. Congratulations.

Would this be your daily commuter mule or for short haul errands? Any plan for winter exploitation?
I commuted for 40 years-my commute days are over! :D
this is my kick around scoot

fit and finish on this thing is approaching Vespa level IMHO
 
Congrats! I wonder if your Super Cub can achieve a higher top speed than my Monkey simply by virtue of its taller tires. It'd certainly be a smoother ride. Same engine.
 
Back
Top