2019 Honda Super Cub C125 ABS

Ole_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too.
 
HondaJon_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too. I've placed a $500 deposit on a Monkey. The bike is expected in October. What do you mean "I wouldn't say it means nothing (Thai vs Japan)?" Should I cancel my deposit and request a refund? My Thai-built CBR250R didn't have any issues but maybe I was lucky with that one. Stichill seems to have had no issues with his CBR250R either. Please enlighten me with regard to your comment because the last thing I need to do is waste $5000 on a piece of junk. Curious to hear about your experience with Thai-built Hondas.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too. I've placed a $500 deposit on a Monkey. The bike is expected in October. What do you mean "I wouldn't say it means nothing (Thai vs Japan)?" Should I cancel my deposit and request a refund? My Thai-built CBR250R didn't have any issues but maybe I was lucky with that one. Stichill seems to have had no issues with his CBR250R either. Please enlighten me with regard to your comment because the last thing I need to do is waste $5000 on a piece of junk. Curious to hear about your experience with Thai-built Hondas.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too. I've placed a $500 deposit on a Monkey. The bike is expected in October. What do you mean "I wouldn't say it means nothing (Thai vs Japan)?" Should I cancel my deposit and request a refund? My Thai-built CBR250R didn't have any issues but maybe I was lucky with that one. Stichill seems to have had no issues with his CBR250R either. Please enlighten me with regard to your comment because the last thing I need to do is waste $5000 on a piece of junk. Curious to hear about your experience with Thai-built Hondas.
whoa slow down there pal
I was not commenting on Thailand built Hondas
The previous poster just wondered where they were going to be built
I know for a fact Groms are built in Thailand so I posted it
I was NOT bashing Thai built Hondas in any way shape or form
where did you read that?
In fact I have owned three with excellent results

PCX125
PCX150
Forza300

I will buy Thai built Hondas again
by the way I head to your glorious state at 5am Mon
two weeks to carve your wonderful roads

peace out
 
LongRanger_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too. I've placed a $500 deposit on a Monkey. The bike is expected in October. What do you mean "I wouldn't say it means nothing (Thai vs Japan)?" Should I cancel my deposit and request a refund? My Thai-built CBR250R didn't have any issues but maybe I was lucky with that one. Stichill seems to have had no issues with his CBR250R either. Please enlighten me with regard to your comment because the last thing I need to do is waste $5000 on a piece of junk. Curious to hear about your experience with Thai-built Hondas.
Closing in on 24,000 miles with the CBR250R & have had no issues.
 
Ole_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too. I've placed a $500 deposit on a Monkey. The bike is expected in October. What do you mean "I wouldn't say it means nothing (Thai vs Japan)?" Should I cancel my deposit and request a refund? My Thai-built CBR250R didn't have any issues but maybe I was lucky with that one. Stichill seems to have had no issues with his CBR250R either. Please enlighten me with regard to your comment because the last thing I need to do is waste $5000 on a piece of junk. Curious to hear about your experience with Thai-built Hondas.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
I wouldn't say it means nothing, but anyways, if the Grom is Thai, then the monkey mosty likely will be too. I've placed a $500 deposit on a Monkey. The bike is expected in October. What do you mean "I wouldn't say it means nothing (Thai vs Japan)?" Should I cancel my deposit and request a refund? My Thai-built CBR250R didn't have any issues but maybe I was lucky with that one. Stichill seems to have had no issues with his CBR250R either. Please enlighten me with regard to your comment because the last thing I need to do is waste $5000 on a piece of junk. Curious to hear about your experience with Thai-built Hondas.
whoa slow down there pal
I was not commenting on Thailand built Hondas
The previous poster just wondered where they were going to be built
I know for a fact Groms are built in Thailand so I posted it
I was NOT bashing Thai built Hondas in any way shape or form
where did you read that?
In fact I have owned three with excellent results

PCX125
PCX150
Forza300

I will buy Thai built Hondas again
by the way I head to your glorious state at 5am Mon
two weeks to carve your wonderful roads

peace out
It's all good. I misinterpreted your comment as a critical indictment of Thai bikes and was curious about your experience and point of view. Thanks for clarifying.

If you'll be near the Denver area while you're out here, give me a shout and I'll be happy to show you some excellent roads that are not on the tourist maps.
 
Thread starter
No. I am on a CTX1300 and my son is on a VTX1800
We made it to Sidney Nebraska 827 miles in 13 and a half hours
We stopped a lot
 
Enjoy the Silver Thread Scenic Byway to Lake City! If you can ride it all the way to South Fork (assuming you're starting from Gunnison), all the better! Fun road!

Also, if it fits your schedule, consider taking McClure Pass from Carbondale to Paonia / Hotchkiss. Really nice scenery and great sweepers. Then, from Hotchkiss, bear south through Crawford, past the eastern escarpment of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and onto US 50 where you'll catch the Silver Thread. You'll grind some foot pegs (floorboards?) on that stretch!
 
I would have SO jumped all over this 10 years ago when I was really into scootering ... now not so much, but it IS a beautiful postmodern update of a classic bike. Beautiful color and LED headlight. One-gallon gas tank though ... so stop and smell the roses. A lot.

I can attest to these having owned the Cub-based CT90 in college way back when and put 40,000 miles of daily driving on it in all weather (only issues at that time were blowing fuses due to the battery acting as the voltage regulator ... hopefully that old tech is long gone). Plus I bet this new Cub will hold its value really well, as this may be a very limited run (think W650).
 
Hey old friends it's been awhile since I sold the CB1100, hope this message finds every one well and in good health. We just put our deposit down on two of the new C125 Super Cubs. As you may remember Deb and I LOVE our old 81 C70 Cubs, so we just had to. Supposed to be here in January.

Born to be Mild!!


Ride safe and be well.

 
I saw the Monkey in the flesh on Monday at a local dealer. Didn’t have a price on it as it was marked sold to Jennifer Xxxxxxxx. I liked what I saw. Pretty sure they’re going to sell a few. No Super Cub on the showroom floor however.
 
Back
Top