2019 Honda Super Cub C125 ABS

Wow, this is great news! I can only hope the Monkey 125 is next! I'll be first in line for one of those!

Edit: It's here! The Monkey is coming to the U.S.! Just announced yesterday with the Super Cub. Calling my dealer in the morning.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Wow, this is great news! I can only hope the Monkey 125 is next! I'll be first in line for one of those!

Edit: It's here! The Monkey is coming to the U.S.! Just announced yesterday with the Super Cub. Calling my dealer in the morning.
there are bringing the Monkey 125 also
$500 more than the super cub
 
So glad to see the U.S. is getting bikes usually only available in Europe. At least Honda is realizing that in order to survive, they need to get the next generation having FUN riding motorcycles.
 
Looks like it'll be available in Europe in September :banana:, with two color choices(blue and red) :clap:, but for about 3,649 euros :s. That's about USD 4300. You guys over there are lucky ;)
 
$500 deposit placed today on a non-ABS Monkey in Banana Yellow. The bikes are expected to be in the U.S. by October. I can't wait and feel like a ten-year old kid again. Pics to follow.
 
use2b_imp said:
Looks so Vietnam and i like it , wish they would bring back the 305 Scrambler which would be more my size
My first "big" motorcycle was a 67 CL77 305 Scrambler in 1968. I ran into the side of a 54 Dodge that summer and totaled it. Too bad, really liked that bike.

A few years ago I got the opportunity to sit on a restored 305 Scrambler. It was much smaller than I remembered...tiny lol. Then again I find our CB1100's small these days.
 
If you ever have to push the CB over a long distance with the engine off, only then you will know how small it is. Or is it heavy? I wish you never have to. But indeed, when I saw the CB leaning on the sidestand at a dealer's shop years ago my first thought was, oh is it that small for an eleven hundred motorbike? Afterwards I found out it isn't.

Wisedrum
 
Ha..push (or ride) a 740 pound ST 1300 around..... then push (or ride) a CB 1100. You will think it's a super motard. It's all perspective. No it's not a CB125, but comparatively speaking for me the CB is a small motorcycle. Too small for my wife and I to ride comfortably.
 
Yes ferret, how can I forgot, since Albert Einstein we all know room, time and of course motorbikes are all relative sizes. It all always depends on your point of view or where do you come from.

Wisedrum
 
I noticed the top speed of this little guy is stated at 50mph, but other 125cc bikes seem to get closer to 65mph as their top speed. is this thing artificially limited?
 
Perhaps. The 125 Monkey peaks at 9 hp, which is relatively weak for a 125. Assuming the Super Cub shares the same engine (though with a semi-automatic transmission), there's your answer.

By comparison, the single-cylinder CBR250R puts out about 23 hp, so twice the displacement but significantly more than twice the hp, likely due to its liquid cooling and DOHC 4-valve head.
 
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
 
Thread starter
HondaJon_imp said:
Glad to see Honda is bringing back the bikes we grew up on. There was a huge void in the market for a very long time in regards to small, obtainable, street legal machines.

Does anyone know if the 125 Monkey will be/is made in Japan? (Not that it will change my mind in getting one). Already got an e-mail into Mr. T about parts availability. I'm sure it will have to be uncorked a bit.

As for speed, Everything I have read puts the Grom at around 50 MPH. I assume the Monkey will be the same. For comparison , the Kawasaki Z125 tops out at around 61 MPH.
this means nothing but the Grom (same engine) is built in Thailand.
 
I used to ride my Zuma 125 at 60 mph top speed on the highway. I think the point is to stop taking the car to the post office or to get the gallon of milk or go to the bank or the drugstore even to drive in traffic 20 miles to work. "Oh krikey honey, I forgot toothpaste! Let me rumble up to the store in my GMC Gas Guzzler and pick some up." V8 sounds. Cough cough!
 
Back
Top