the Ferret
Road warrior
Good deal Sea. You just need to learn to keep the baby finger of your left hand away from the lens when shooting.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thinking of cutting it off. Sacrifices for one's art, etc.The ferret_imp said:Good deal Sea. You just need to learn to keep the baby finger of your left hand away from the lens when shooting.
Thinking of cutting it off. Sacrifices for one's art, etc.EmptySea_imp said:Thinking of cutting it off. Sacrifices for one's art, etc.The ferret_imp said:Good deal Sea. You just need to learn to keep the baby finger of your left hand away from the lens when shooting.

EmptySea_imp said:I was able to achieve my 2017 goals without much fuss. I have set the bar a little higher for myself this year. #2 and #4 will likely be the most difficult resolutions to keep.
1. To ride at least once per month to continue my streak (currently at 46 months, but with a little luck, it'll be 47 on 1/1)
2. To earn a second Iron Butt certificate, possibly by riding from Chicago to either Colorado or Texas.
3. To attend the 2018 CB1100 rally in either Kentucky or West Virginia
4. To ride 12,000 miles (2017 yielded a tick over 10,000 miles)
5. To obtain a decent 'lanyard' camera.
6. To take more ride photos and to write more ride reports.
Funny, because I hope to ride in your area because the roads look interesting. LOLLongRanger_imp said:Find some new places to ride because I'm getting bored with the roads I've got.
Resolution 1: It's half way thru the year and I'm at a little over 10,000 miles so I may make this oneThe ferret_imp said:My resolutions or goals are
20,000 miles
300 days riding
attend rally in W Va or Kentucky
Maybe find a smaller daily rider like an NC 700 or something... not sure on this resolution yet
Visit S Dakota and N Dakota on the ST (2 of the 6 states I need, to have ridden in all of the lower 48 states)
lol. there's a separate issue tying all these resolutions together i think.Rboe_imp said:My goal: Ride each bike enough that the carb in the 650 doesn't go bad - again. And the gas doesn't go bad in the Griso, and the Li-ion battery in the CB doesn't get too low.
EmptySea_imp said:Unless I get motivated to put a few more miles on my CB1100 this evening, which is unlikely given the heat and humidity, I have reached the halfway point of the riding year.
Here's where I stand:
EmptySea_imp said:I was able to achieve my 2017 goals without much fuss. I have set the bar a little higher for myself this year. #2 and #4 will likely be the most difficult resolutions to keep.
1. To ride at least once per month to continue my streak (currently at 46 months, but with a little luck, it'll be 47 on 1/1)
2. To earn a second Iron Butt certificate, possibly by riding from Chicago to either Colorado or Texas.
3. To attend the 2018 CB1100 rally in either Kentucky or West Virginia
4. To ride 12,000 miles (2017 yielded a tick over 10,000 miles)
5. To obtain a decent 'lanyard' camera.
6. To take more ride photos and to write more ride reports.
Funny, because I hope to ride in your area because the roads look interesting. LOLLongRanger_imp said:Find some new places to ride because I'm getting bored with the roads I've got.
How close are you to meeting your resolutions?
The ferret_imp said:My resolutions or goals are
20,000 miles
300 days riding
attend rally in W Va or Kentucky
Maybe find a smaller daily rider like an NC 700 or something... not sure on this resolution yet
Visit S Dakota and N Dakota on the ST (2 of the 6 states I need, to have ridden in all of the lower 48 states)
Well my resolutions are looking iffy.The ferret_imp said:Resolution 1: It's half way thru the year and I'm at a little over 10,000 miles so I may make this oneThe ferret_imp said:My resolutions or goals are
20,000 miles
300 days riding
attend rally in W Va or Kentucky
Maybe find a smaller daily rider like an NC 700 or something... not sure on this resolution yet
Visit S Dakota and N Dakota on the ST (2 of the 6 states I need, to have ridden in all of the lower 48 states)
Resolution 2: Halfway thru the year and I'm at 161 so on track
Resolution 3: Attended Rally in Kentucky and had a grand time, looking forward to W Va next year
Resolution 4: This one got derailed thanks to the demise of my ST, but I did buy another bike, but it's not any smaller lol
Resolution 5: I'm supposed to be there this week as a matter of fact, but knee issues and the ST issue forced me to cancel the trip. Bummed about that, was looking forward to riding in N&S Dakota and crossing 2 more states off the list. Maybe next year.
Got that GT....put 9000 miles on it....mission accomplished!offroadfx4_imp said:I posted this in 2017 resolutions, but I guess I should move it to here:
My resolution is to get that BMW K 1600 GT/GTL I've set my sites on, while I'm still able to ride.
I maybe wrong, but I keep having a vision of me not able to ride saying, "I could've, I should've, why didn't I?" I don't want that to haunt me.
I'll keep the CB, still love it....worked all last summer trying to make room for a second motorcycle in my garage.
Then maybe I'll have the honor of riding with Ferret when he is on his ST1300 ;-)
My thinking is I should buy a sport touring bike instead of trying to turn my CB into one....then maybe I'll ride to long distance destination rather than tow it there.
I like the GT, but I'm thinking I need the GTL for added storage space.