Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Banned_imp said:I have thought about this quite a bit and wanted to see how my back was healing before coming up with my list. I'm fairly confident that I will be able to ride this year but I will still be somewhat conservative with my goals.
So with further ado, here are my 2018 Motorcycle Resolutions(read as where, distance round trip, bike I'm taking):
1. Attend CB1100 rally in Kentucky, +/- 5000km, CB1100
2. Laconia Bike Week, +/- 2000km, Buell
3. Trip to Sudbury, ON, +/-3500km, Buell
Update on Resolution #2 - I am pretty sure that my 2018 Saddle Sore 1000 will be from Chicago to Mason, TN to get us sum Bar-B-Q for lunch from Bozo's Hot Pit (thanks to memphismike for the recommendation) -- maybe taking some to-go, too. Once again, it looks like it will be my brother-in-law and I making the out-and-back trip, 1000 mile trip. I think this should be an easier trip than last year's Lake Michigan Circle Tour, but far less scenic, so the BBQ better be worth the trip. LOL If things go according to plan, this will all happen on June 21st. Stay tuned for more details.EmptySea_imp said:I was able to achieve my 2017 goals without much fuss. I have set the bar a little higher for myself this year. #2 and #4 will likely be the most difficult resolutions to keep.
1. To ride at least once per month to continue my streak (currently at 46 months, but with a little luck, it'll be 47 on 1/1)
2. To earn a second Iron Butt certificate, possibly by riding from Chicago to either Colorado or Texas.
3. To attend the 2018 CB1100 rally in either Kentucky or West Virginia
4. To ride 12,000 miles (2017 yielded a tick over 10,000 miles)
5. To obtain a decent 'lanyard' camera.
6. To take more ride photos and to write more ride reports.
Funny, because I hope to ride in your area because the roads look interesting. LOLLongRanger_imp said:Find some new places to ride because I'm getting bored with the roads I've got.
Uh, not meaning to pick nits or anything, but Neil Young wrote those lyrics in the song My My, Hey Hey on the album "Rust Never Sleeps".Banned_imp said:I would be a little happier if the rally were later in the summer to work up to it instead of just jumping right into it with both feet but c'est la vie.
Or as is said in the epic movie "Highlander" - "it's better to burn out than fade away" (also a line from Def Leppard's Rock of Ages, from the 1983 smash hit album Pyromania - the 2nd album I ever purchased in my life).
And I look forward to meeting you as well MTC.

#5 kept and you know what that means?!? LOLEmptySea_imp said:I was able to achieve my 2017 goals without much fuss. I have set the bar a little higher for myself this year. #2 and #4 will likely be the most difficult resolutions to keep.
1. To ride at least once per month to continue my streak (currently at 46 months, but with a little luck, it'll be 47 on 1/1)
2. To earn a second Iron Butt certificate, possibly by riding from Chicago to either Colorado or Texas.
3. To attend the 2018 CB1100 rally in either Kentucky or West Virginia
4. To ride 12,000 miles (2017 yielded a tick over 10,000 miles)
5. To obtain a decent 'lanyard' camera.
6. To take more ride photos and to write more ride reports.
Funny, because I hope to ride in your area because the roads look interesting. LOLLongRanger_imp said:Find some new places to ride because I'm getting bored with the roads I've got.
Bought the same camera on ferret's suggestion and very pleased with it.EmptySea_imp said:Yes...finally broke down and bought a waterproof camera... ruined all of our old point and shoot cams using them on rides and getting rained upon
