2018 cb1300... I like it

In 1994 Honda came out with a great and similar bike : the CB 1000 or Big One .Black in 1994 and red in 1995 .
They are excellent bikes and I owned both a 94 and 95 but I heard that they only sold just over 800 of them.
They were a much higher quality bike than the Suzuki Bandit but also quite a bit higher priced.
The low sales of the CB 1100 over the years in the USA will make Honda think that it is not worth bringing the CB 1300 over here.
 
Oh dear. I could be in real trouble if they did bring it. Not sure why they never put the CB1100 in red white and blue colours. Honda always knocks it out of the park when they do up a bike in those colours.
 
Banned_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Beautiful bike and of course will never come to the USA .
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
Manufacturers have to spend a lot of money on DOT and EPA compliance to get a mass market motorcycle approved for sale in the U.S. market. They usually don't this unless they can expect a lot of sales to amortize the cost of testing and compliance over many units.

I suspect that Honda does not think there is much of a market for a water cooled naked standard 1300 in the U.S. While I'd love to see the big CB in the U.S., I think Honda is right. I don't think they'd sell very many.

I've pestered American Honda for decades to bring the CB400 Super Four to North America. I'd love to own one, but, like the CB1300, I don't see much enthusiasm for that kind of bike in this country.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Beautiful bike and of course will never come to the USA .
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
Manufacturers have to spend a lot of money on DOT and EPA compliance to get a mass market motorcycle approved for sale in the U.S. market. They usually don't this unless they can expect a lot of sales to amortize the cost of testing and compliance over many units.

I suspect that Honda does not think there is much of a market for a water cooled naked standard 1300 in the U.S. While I'd love to see the big CB in the U.S., I think Honda is right. I don't think they'd sell very many.

I've pestered American Honda for decades to bring the CB400 Super Four to North America. I'd love to own one, but, like the CB1300, I don't see much enthusiasm for that kind of bike in this country.
With Kawasaki upping the small Ninja from 300 to 400 cc's, there is a small possibility that Honda might reconsider that position.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Oh dear. I could be in real trouble if they did bring it. Not sure why they never put the CB1100 in red white and blue colours. Honda always knocks it out of the park when they do up a bike in those colours.
Fully agree with the beautiful red/white/blue colors , that does look great on any Honda.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Beautiful bike and of course will never come to the USA .
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
Manufacturers have to spend a lot of money on DOT and EPA compliance to get a mass market motorcycle approved for sale in the U.S. market. They usually don't this unless they can expect a lot of sales to amortize the cost of testing and compliance over many units.

I suspect that Honda does not think there is much of a market for a water cooled naked standard 1300 in the U.S. While I'd love to see the big CB in the U.S., I think Honda is right. I don't think they'd sell very many.

I've pestered American Honda for decades to bring the CB400 Super Four to North America. I'd love to own one, but, like the CB1300, I don't see much enthusiasm for that kind of bike in this country.
For those of you with more knowledge on the subject than I, why is this?
Manufacturers have to spend a lot of money on DOT and EPA compliance to get a mass market motorcycle approved for sale in the U.S. market. They usually don't this unless they can expect a lot of sales to amortize the cost of testing and compliance over many units.

I suspect that Honda does not think there is much of a market for a water cooled naked standard 1300 in the U.S. While I'd love to see the big CB in the U.S., I think Honda is right. I don't think they'd sell very many.

I've pestered American Honda for decades to bring the CB400 Super Four to North America. I'd love to own one, but, like the CB1300, I don't see much enthusiasm for that kind of bike in this country.
Pester them some more. I'd have one immediately.
 
This one and the Yamah XJR1300 were always huge crushes of mine. in a way i'm thankful that they'll never see daylight in the US, because i'd have a hard time not opening my wallet for either bike. big brawny standard bike with 4 cylinders and no shenanigans. bikes like this are all business and I love it.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
if they come to canada they'd be relativley easy to buy for Americans, especially if I don't live in an inspection state.
Should I already order one for you too, mister...y? :P
 
Peterbaron , perhaps you could order a bunch of them for us in the USA and sell them for (a small ….) profit , we know that you are a nice guy and not greedy.
 
Back
Top