peterbaron
Road warrior
SI = "is the modern form of the metric system and is the most widely used system of measurement".


Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

As do I, but I thought that Honda kept the green faces all this time. Is it not just a matter of a lack of lighting on the later model gauges?Guth_imp said:To be fair, nowhere on the Indian speedometer do I see an indication of MPH. If that is the case, this clearly must have been part of Indian's "Dream (On) Package".The ferret_imp said:a 200 mph speedo? World Fastest Indian lol
yes in comparison the 17 speedo looks rather busy.
As do I, but I thought that Honda kept the green faces all this time. Is it not just a matter of a lack of lighting on the later model gauges?pekingduck_imp said:I like the 2013 gauges best, especially the green faces. Even though the stainless rims are not structurally needed, it reminds me of old Smiths gauges. But I have found the gear indicator increasingly useful.
Has differentiating a speedometer from a tachometer in/on any sort of vehicle honestly been a problem for you?VLJ_imp said:I love the angled font on the '17. The smaller second row of KPH digits doesn't bother me in the least. Makes it easier to differentiate the speedo from the tach at a quick glance. Some of my VWs had tachs that read 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 x 100 rather than the usual 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 x 1000, which made the tach look just like the speedo.
Yep, I'm fine with the numbers and fonts on the '17. I just wish they'd kept the green face.
Again, I thought the gauges were still green, but darker. Really not the case?
Has differentiating a speedometer from a tachometer in/on any sort of vehicle honestly been a problem for you?VLJ_imp said:I love the angled font on the '17. The smaller second row of KPH digits doesn't bother me in the least. Makes it easier to differentiate the speedo from the tach at a quick glance. Some of my VWs had tachs that read 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 x 100 rather than the usual 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 x 1000, which made the tach look just like the speedo.
Yep, I'm fine with the numbers and fonts on the '17. I just wish they'd kept the green face.
It looks pretty clean with the speedo only in km/h:QimmiQ_imp said:Clearly the most practical response, is for the US to join the rest of the sensible world, like your wonderful neighbours in Canada (yes there is a "u" in that word), and switch to kilometres per hour. Then we could both dispense with those mph numbers cluttering up our interface.![]()
There ya go! Nice:clap:jtopiso_imp said:It looks pretty clean with the speedo only in km/h:QimmiQ_imp said:Clearly the most practical response, is for the US to join the rest of the sensible world, like your wonderful neighbours in Canada (yes there is a "u" in that word), and switch to kilometres per hour. Then we could both dispense with those mph numbers cluttering up our interface.![]()
https://www.honda.es/content/dam/ce...00-RS-dials.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/c4.jpg
https://www.honda.es/motorcycles/range/street/cb1100-rs/overview.html
hy: :beerchug:pekingduck_imp said:I'm thinking about taking the meter assembly apart, masking off the needle and the mph numbers using a template like this one. Hopefully I can find a matching spray paint.
As soon as the bathroom and kitchen are remodeled.
Oh my, laughing helps! I think I'd say something like--(and this needs to be said as fast as you can in one breath)GoldOxide_imp said:"Officer, I, um, ..., ..., don't know really what to say."
You should get one of those versions that go to 320 km/h.peterbaron_imp said:I may replace km/h-mph speedo face with km/h only.
Awaiting email from a company located in Ingersoll, ON.
http://www.canadaspeedometer.com/

You should get one of those versions that go to 320 km/h.GoldOxide_imp said:You should get one of those versions that go to 320 km/h.peterbaron_imp said:I may replace km/h-mph speedo face with km/h only.
Awaiting email from a company located in Ingersoll, ON.
http://www.canadaspeedometer.com/![]()

..and getting ticket often as wellI agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!baxtercat_imp said:they should have stayed green!
If Honda isn't going to push forward with the CB1100 here in the States then we might as well take it upon ourselves to move things forward by using what resources we have available to us and doing what we can. So with the reputation of this forum on the line (and with the eyes of CB1100 fans all over the world upon us) I'm announcing the formation of the CB1100 Forum skunkworks program. The members of this prestigious crack outfit were chosen for their ingenuity, creativity, competence, and fearlessness.pekingduck_imp said:I'm thinking about taking the meter assembly apart, masking off the needle and the mph numbers using a template like this one. Hopefully I can find a matching spray paint.
As soon as the bathroom and kitchen are remodeled.
Ironically, this was the very first suggestion that the skunkworks team had sent back my way. But in all honesty it had taken them quite a long time to respond. I feared that perhaps caught up in in my own overzealous euphoria I had overloaded the lads right from the get go. By the time I received their suggestion, unbeknownst to them, I had already hired an external consultant of the highest magnitude. One VLJ Instrument Engineering Inc., Ltd., LLC.pdedse_imp said:hahahaaaa....now do it for the tach! : )
Again with the out of whack priorities!pekingduck_imp said:It's patented. It'll be on Shark Tank this week, and I'll make millions!! I'll sic (sick?) Mr. Wonderful after you. RUFF! I'll buy all available CB1100s and turn them into ugly, un-rideable choppa/bobba/scrambla/cafes, so all our remaining bikes will be held in highest esteem, and lesser bikes will roll off their sidestands as we roll by!!
As soon as the bathroom and kitchen are remodeled.
Again with the out of whack priorities! After looking at my 401k, it may be a while.pdedse_imp said:Again with the out of whack priorities!pekingduck_imp said:It's patented. It'll be on Shark Tank this week, and I'll make millions!! I'll sic (sick?) Mr. Wonderful after you. RUFF! I'll buy all available CB1100s and turn them into ugly, un-rideable choppa/bobba/scrambla/cafes, so all our remaining bikes will be held in highest esteem, and lesser bikes will roll off their sidestands as we roll by!!
As soon as the bathroom and kitchen are remodeled.