2017 CB1100EX Color matched side covers

And here's the opposite effect from another angle.

"... are you just going to not work and take pictures of your motorcycle for the rest of the day?"

"Yes, and it's none of your business."
 
I put red side covers on my 13 and never looked back. Like the Dudes rug did to his room, the red covers really tied the bike together.
 
Frulk_imp said:
I’m not but I have stood on the 18th hole in front of the Royal and Ancient (if that gives me any golf cred).
I was playing on the theme of the Dude's rug...
 
It makes sense what you are saying Gone, but I doubt there was a deeper reason for it, I reckon they just thought it would be fun, it has been lime that since the prototype render when they didn't really anticipate the curves
7f9aec4a40c8fe8e05343652fd6dfd50.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
It makes sense what you are saying Gone, but I doubt there was a deeper reason for it, I reckon they just thought it would be fun, it has been lime that since the prototype render when they didn't really anticipate the curves
7f9aec4a40c8fe8e05343652fd6dfd50.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Yeah, well like, that’s just your opinion, man.

Sorry, Tod, I’m still going on the Lebowski theme. It didn’t dawn on me that the prototype had silver side covers. You’re probably right.
 
pdedse_imp said:
ceeko_imp said:
I decided I wanted to see what it would look like with color matched side covers. I bought some OEM covers, and had them professionally painted by a local body shop. They used the factory color code to match paint. I think they turned out great.

That being said, after some back and forth, I've decided I'm going to stick with the stock covers after all, and think I'm going to try and sell these painted ones. It was worth the experiment, though, and I thought y'all might like seeing how they turned out:

6ad7a27cb5d561e55b06d84ef469aa9b.jpg


71e237c9e788a9cab57f4ed3fca31df4.jpg


4872e4ea6bba50fe8a354bf35038f26d.jpg


Original for comparison:
306d3163cac2565f14abb859325cc773.jpg
Interesting. When I look at the red cover photo, I'm drawn towards the curvy tank.

When I look at the silver cover photo, I'm drawn towards the the silver cover.
Interesting. When I look at the red cover photo, I'm drawn towards the curvy tank.

When I look at the silver cover photo, I'm drawn towards the the silver cover.
…fully agree with your aesthetic observation! I have a pearl white with a silver cover. I shall paint it in white.
 
Red side covers are better looking.
 
Only on a red bike. :angel:
 
I have a white 2015 EX and they come already with color matching side covers. But the cover shape is different, covering partially the frame and connecting to the tank. Honestly I prefer the shape on all other models and was thinking in switching them. Do you guys know if it fits directly or needs some workaround? TIA



 
They won’t fit directly as the grommets are in different places.

Can they be made to fit? Others will have to chime in.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They won’t fit directly as the grommets are in different places.

Can they be made to fit? Others will have to chime in.

Thanks for your answer.
That's a bummer... hope someone found a way to do it and can share it.
 
Rod have a good search on the forum. I thought at least one member managed to swap them, although maybe from the EX/DLX to the standard.
 
I'm also one of the few who prefer the silver.

Before I got my red CB I was thinking about getting a green paintjob done like the Brixton Cromwell 1200 that has not been released yet. For that I would have gone with green covers. But the current red is too nice to mess with.

797930d880c7a5520dc7f49f74f3ae62.jpg
 
Back
Top