2017 CB1100 Road Test

dave

Road warrior
Thread starter
Check out motorcycledaily.com, August 10 road test of the 2017 CB1100 EX. They really liked it, especially the new "Dual Bending Valve Type" forks.
 
The 2017 CB is getting some really good reviews. I'd like to ride one to see just how different it feels from my '13.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Compared to earlier version, 2017 RS is Solid and firm thanks to 17" rim and fat tire (180/17 vs 140/18). Exhaust sounds deeper and a bit louder as well

Capo_imp said:
The 2017 CB is getting some really good reviews. I'd like to ride one to see just how different it feels from my '13.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
itstuantran_imp said:
Compared to earlier version, 2017 RS is Solid and firm thanks to 17" rim and fat tire (180/17 vs 140/18). Exhaust sounds deeper and a bit louder as well

Capo_imp said:
The 2017 CB is getting some really good reviews. I'd like to ride one to see just how different it feels from my '13.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This has been my experience. I just returned from a 4 day multi state ride on my 2017 CB 1100 EX, everywhere I parked it someone commented on it. It gest alot of attention. The starburst red gas tank is dazzling in the sunlight, the chrome and spoke wheels and the 2 up swept megaphone mufflers are a big hit around here.

But mostly not everyone has one. I dare to say I have the only one in Alabama?
 
Thread starter
Compared to earlier version, 2017 RS is Solid and firm thanks to 17" rim and fat tire (180/17 vs 140/18).

Does Honda sell a different model where you are? The rear tire size listed by Honda is 140/70R-18.
 
BamaRider_imp said:
itstuantran_imp said:
Compared to earlier version, 2017 RS is Solid and firm thanks to 17" rim and fat tire (180/17 vs 140/18). Exhaust sounds deeper and a bit louder as well

Capo_imp said:
The 2017 CB is getting some really good reviews. I'd like to ride one to see just how different it feels from my '13.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This has been my experience. I just returned from a 4 day multi state ride on my 2017 CB 1100 EX, everywhere I parked it someone commented on it. It gest alot of attention. The starburst red gas tank is dazzling in the sunlight, the chrome and spoke wheels and the 2 up swept megaphone mufflers are a big hit around here.

But mostly not everyone has one. I dare to say I have the only one in Alabama?
I am experiencing the same thing with mine. It's the spoke wheels and chrome that people notice first. Then they stop and give it a good look over. The question is always the same, "What year is it?" I just smile and tell them it is brand new. A lot of the older guys can't believe it.
 
Yup, for 2017 models, Honda sells 2 version. EX and RS. EX still remains 18" with 140 for rear and 100 for front. The RS receives 17" rim with 18 rear and 120 front. I'm from VN and this is my bike
Dave_imp said:
Compared to earlier version, 2017 RS is Solid and firm thanks to 17" rim and fat tire (180/17 vs 140/18).

Does Honda sell a different model where you are? The rear tire size listed by Honda is 140/70R-18.
 
itstuantran_imp said:
Yup, for 2017 models, Honda sells 2 version. EX and RS. EX still remains 18" with 140 for rear and 100 for front. The RS receives 17" rim with 18 rear and 120 front. I'm from VN and this is my bike
Dave_imp said:
Compared to earlier version, 2017 RS is Solid and firm thanks to 17" rim and fat tire (180/17 vs 140/18).

Does Honda sell a different model where you are? The rear tire size listed by Honda is 140/70R-18.
Love the setup.:beerchug:
 
Good review , people tell me all the time they use to have one just like mine and i stopped trying to explain , just say Yep they are good old bikes.
 
use2b_imp said:
Good review , people tell me all the time they use to have one just like mine and i stopped trying to explain , just say Yep they are good old bikes.

Yesterday alone I had 3 people ask me what year my bike was- once at the gas station, once when I got off to go eat and once when I returned from eating. I can only imagine what you experience. :)
 
Around here, the CB is invisible. People are too busy riding their R1200GS's, KTM's and Harleys to look up and notice. I think it's one reason the market for used CB's here is so soft. I'm rarely chatted up by a stranger to ask about mine.
 
Back
Top