2017 CB1100 Revealed

Quote:Dunno why Honda evolved to sleeker looking ones and finally ended up with those big a** units..

Funny, I spent a good amount of money to put larger 2013 blinkers on my 2014. I also put 2013 switch controls. Both of these were to get a more authentic look of what the bike would have looked like if it was built 35 years earlier.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Quote:Dunno why Honda evolved to sleeker looking ones and finally ended up with those big a** units..

Funny, I spent a good amount of money to put larger 2013 blinkers on my 2014. I also put 2013 switch controls. Both of these were to get a more authentic look of what the bike would have looked like if it was built 35 years earlier.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I spent a good amount of money to put larger 2013 blinkers on my 2014. I also put 2013 switch controls. Both of these were to get a more authentic look of what the bike would have looked like if it was built 35 years earlier.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I put 2014 front signals on my 2013 LOL! (already had the switchgear :P )
 
I wouldnt mind having the larger turn signals on my 14 and I have the 13 switchgear on already.
 
Cranky old sods. Ha! The '17 EX is my desktop at work. I still think it looks great overall. Simply, the motor cycle.

The ferret_imp said:
LOL I do enjoy listening to the little things that bother some people ..the lolliepop or Mickey Mouse mirrors, the large turn signals,the small grips, the limited gas capacity of the lumpy fuel tank, the size of the tail light, those pesky tank decals, the reflectors, the size of the front and rear fenders, the size of the curb feelers, the size of the indicator lights on the dash board, the size of the mufflers, the width of the tires, all those hard to clean spokes ... tough crowd... and it shows just how hard it is for manufacturers to make bikes that please anybody
 
HOnda used 1 style switch gear for 30 years, with horn on bottom and turn signal button in middle, then in 2014 switched to a new type switch gear with horn in middle and turn signal on bottom. Those of us with multiple Hondas kept blowing the horn when we wanted to turn, and hitting the turn signals when someone pulled out in front of us.

Putting a 13 switchgear on the 14 bike fixed it.

Switches...switched
 
I did it for the look- to get rid of the ugly grey buttons. I also have hit the horn several times and it was annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Whenever I had my tank bag full, I had to learn to have my CB500XA off if the handlebars were full to the left. Embarrassing when the horn blares away in the middle of a parking lot full of bikers.
:blush:
 
IT'S SPARKLY!!

Picture from the Chicago IMS. Metal-flake paint is significantly different than the previous reds.

 
cups around the instruments look deep
 
I saw the '17 today at the IMS in Chicago. The bike was getting lots of positive attention! Prefer the previous tank style myself... Glad to see they had the faster (red) model on display.
a807c665c9d452d54c4b0976a56710cd.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was hoping it was not metal flake, just metallic red. Metal flake to me looks like a basement painted chopper tank. Guess I will just have to wait and see it in real life.

It is bothers me too much, I know a good paint shop. Maybe a black base with burgundy accents and some tasteful pin stripping.

The ferret_imp said:
cups around the instruments look deep
Honda must have watched the video of the owner who complained the instruments reflected the sun and blinded him going to work and back. Maybe a tinted wind screen was needed.
 
Riko_imp said:
@10:50 sound difference between the EX/DLX and the '17EX


Why did I watch that whole thing? Couldn't understand a word they said
 
The ferret_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
@10:50 sound difference between the EX/DLX and the '17EX


Why did I watch that whole thing? Couldn't understand a word they said
Because it's one of the few videos where they actually ride the bike.
Better than the other 30 videos of still shots set to annoying music.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
@10:50 sound difference between the EX/DLX and the '17EX


Why did I watch that whole thing? Couldn't understand a word they said

Why did I watch that whole thing? Couldn't understand a word they said same here :)

had the same thing with a chinese vid


i guess its just about moving objects and sound, and they seem to make good such vids in Asia :)
 
Back
Top