2017 CB1100 Revealed

The ferret_imp said:
quote='Cormanus'

66194de3c8101c7132f35a568742a8cc.jpg



Look at that beautiful 750 in the background. How in the world, could Honda NOT put matching side covers and a more traditional looking tank on the EX in the foreground? :huh:

And RLETS like the 750 has?
I agree!
Even though our Canadian dollar is in the toilet, the more I think about it the more I think I should bite the bullet, pay through the nose, and get matching blue side covers from Mr. T.
That said, I have to admit that currency exchange, shipping and border taxes fill me with dismay.
But I suppose you only live once :D
 
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
quote='Cormanus'

66194de3c8101c7132f35a568742a8cc.jpg



Look at that beautiful 750 in the background. How in the world, could Honda NOT put matching side covers and a more traditional looking tank on the EX in the foreground? :huh:

And RLETS like the 750 has?
I agree!
Even though our Canadian dollar is in the toilet, the more I think about it the more I think I should bite the bullet, pay through the nose, and get matching blue side covers from Mr. T.
That said, I have to admit that currency exchange, shipping and border taxes fill me with dismay.
But I suppose you only live once :D
Look around for a small rural auto body shop. They can match any colour. I had a dent in the front fender of my Impala LTZ. They fixed the dent and painted the fender for less than $500 taxes included. You cannot tell it was repaired and painted. I am sure the side panels would be much less.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
quote='Cormanus'

66194de3c8101c7132f35a568742a8cc.jpg



Look at that beautiful 750 in the background. How in the world, could Honda NOT put matching side covers and a more traditional looking tank on the EX in the foreground? :huh:

And RLETS like the 750 has?
I agree!
Even though our Canadian dollar is in the toilet, the more I think about it the more I think I should bite the bullet, pay through the nose, and get matching blue side covers from Mr. T.
That said, I have to admit that currency exchange, shipping and border taxes fill me with dismay.
But I suppose you only live once :D
Look around for a small rural auto body shop. They can match any colour. I had a dent in the front fender of my Impala LTZ. They fixed the dent and painted the fender for less than $500 taxes included. You cannot tell it was repaired and painted. I am sure the side panels would be much less.
Look around for a small rural auto body shop. They can match any colour. I had a dent in the front fender of my Impala LTZ. They fixed the dent and painted the fender for less than $500 taxes included. You cannot tell it was repaired and painted. I am sure the side panels would be much less.
Good suggestion :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I did just that, I took my bike to Sherwin Williams paint store and they matched the color and gave the code to a local paint and body shop. I took the covers off and took them in and for $100 total I had matched side covers.
 
TCBronson_imp said:
I did just that, I took my bike to Sherwin Williams paint store and they matched the color and gave the code to a local paint and body shop. I took the covers off and took them in and for $100 total I had matched side covers.
looks right on....
 
This screenshot from one of the videos Riko linked really highlights the difference at the rear between the two new models. I'm not so sure the RS is maintaining the claim to be a 'classic' ?





 
I really need to see the 17 EX in the flesh. Especially the tank. Looking at the old 750 in the photo that Cormanus posted, the tank looks sleek, like wind would just pass down it's side with perfect flow, while the 17 in the foreground the tank just looks lumpy to me, making the wind jump all over the place. I'm hoping the tank looks better in person.
 
The 2017 EX tank does look lumpy compared to the earlier models. But if the knees tuck into those side pockets nicely, it may be more comfortable in the rain or cold.
 
Lets hope that was the thinking behind the design
 
The ferret_imp said:
I really need to see the 17 EX in the flesh. Especially the tank. Looking at the old 750 in the photo that Cormanus posted, the tank looks sleek, like wind would just pass down it's side with perfect flow, while the 17 in the foreground the tank just looks lumpy to me, making the wind jump all over the place. I'm hoping the tank looks better in person.
a nice promo movie, good images of all new aspects




On the EX I do not like those bigger turnsignals...
 
Riko_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I really need to see the 17 EX in the flesh. Especially the tank. Looking at the old 750 in the photo that Cormanus posted, the tank looks sleek, like wind would just pass down it's side with perfect flow, while the 17 in the foreground the tank just looks lumpy to me, making the wind jump all over the place. I'm hoping the tank looks better in person.
a nice promo movie, good images of all new aspects




On the EX I do not like those bigger turnsignals...
The RS has new small turn signals to give it that café racer look (no signals).

It's hard to tell if the 2017 EX turn signals are bigger than the 2014 Deluxe ones. The chrome case appears different. Looks like they copied the bullet shaped turn signal case on the 2017 Bonneville T120. They also copied the MSRP of $12,200, or vise-versa.
 
LOL I do enjoy listening to the little things that bother some people ..the lolliepop or Mickey Mouse mirrors, the large turn signals,the small grips, the limited gas capacity of the lumpy fuel tank, the size of the tail light, those pesky tank decals, the reflectors, the size of the front and rear fenders, the size of the curb feelers, the size of the indicator lights on the dash board, the size of the mufflers, the width of the tires, all those hard to clean spokes ... tough crowd... and it shows just how hard it is for manufacturers to make bikes that please anybody
 
The ferret_imp said:
LOL I do enjoy listening to the little things that bother some people ..the lolliepop or Mickey Mouse mirrors, the large turn signals,the small grips, the limited gas capacity of the lumpy fuel tank, the size of the tail light, those pesky tank decals, the reflectors, the size of the front and rear fenders, the size of the curb feelers, the size of the indicator lights on the dash board, the size of the mufflers, the width of the tires, all those hard to clean spokes ... tough crowd... and it shows just how hard it is for manufacturers to make bikes that please anybody
I get a smile from all those "irritants" too, but it just shows how different we all are in our tastes and what makes us happy.
Maybe I'm too easily satisfied, but 99.9% of those things don't bother me a bit.
I just get on it and ride :D
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I really need to see the 17 EX in the flesh. Especially the tank. Looking at the old 750 in the photo that Cormanus posted, the tank looks sleek, like wind would just pass down it's side with perfect flow, while the 17 in the foreground the tank just looks lumpy to me, making the wind jump all over the place. I'm hoping the tank looks better in person.
a nice promo movie, good images of all new aspects




On the EX I do not like those bigger turnsignals...
The RS has new small turn signals to give it that café racer look (no signals).

It's hard to tell if the 2017 EX turn signals are bigger than the 2014 Deluxe ones. The chrome case appears different. Looks like they copied the bullet shaped turn signal case on the 2017 Bonneville T120. They also copied the MSRP of $12,200, or vise-versa.
The RS has new small turn signals to give it that café racer look (no signals).

It's hard to tell if the 2017 EX turn signals are bigger than the 2014 Deluxe ones. The chrome case appears different. Looks like they copied the bullet shaped turn signal case on the 2017 Bonneville T120. They also copied the MSRP of $12,200, or vise-versa.
yep, they're clearly bigger, humongeous :)

older EX
4d4cd66dbe826d1c13af263ae1e7be83.jpg

923b5ea027d46badf3b828883e4c9a47.jpg


2017 EX
7599e89b412bcfbf6ca8541b5e799761.jpg

65332cfaf70c87938e86ecb09dc5d2ce.jpg


They look like the signals on the STD versions.
Dunno why Honda evolved to sleeker looking ones and finally ended up with those big a** units..
 
The size of the indicators doesn't bother me, but stylistically, in the 70's and 80's they were mounted in line with the bottom of the headlight (uniquely and distinctively Honda), and that's how they are on the '13's and '14's. The ones on the '17 are mounted at mid-height with the headlight. And that headlight looks a bit small.

The only two features I prefer on the '17 are the wire wheels and the chrome trim that goes around the back of the seat. Tank seams never bothered me either way. Otherwise, as pretty as the '17 is, to me it's a bit too organic looking.
 
Look closely at the early CB750 in this photo. The indicators are in the middle of the headlight. Indeed, I have a recollection that early on the indicator stalk bolts held the headlight shell on place.

9d8435145f7ca21cba39d6b5c9c9aaad.jpg
 
Yep, you're right. Guess I was thinking about the later bikes. I recall back then being able to identify the brand of motorcycle in my rear view mirror by its headlight/ turn signal configuration. The Honda's were unique.
 
Back
Top