2017 CB1100 Revealed

Finally saw one in the flesh on the anual Brussels Car en motorcycle show.




I liked everything about it, except for that tank.
Black is the best color because it hides the new shape best.

Other than that, the bike looks more slick in the RS version, I didn't even bother to check the normal EX version.
Those led blinkers, that smaller led taillight and especially that upscale looking headlight really are an improvement.

+ I was an still am a sucker for fat tires, the RS came with fat looking 180 tires, nice!
The alu swingarm is also a nice touch.

951d08d1ffecdbcccc2f0fe97f9097af.jpg
 
some recent riding videos about the 2017 models, in Japanese mind you

EX:



RS:




Here they compare the 2014 EX next to a 2017 RS by starting the engine and listening to both exhausts!



here some track riding vids:

 
That RS sounds just fine to me.
 
While I was always content with the earlier versions' lack of sound, I'll bet a lot of folks will be happier with the '17 model's new exhaust note.
On that last video, there is a flashing light on the tach. Looks like it says something like "ETO". Anyone know what that is?
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Oooowee that RS is straight up sexy! But that tank! Ugh. Looks like a giant pinched its backend between his thumb and forefinger!
indeed

In almost every aspect the bike got more slick, except for that tank, I just don't like it.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
While I was always content with the earlier versions' lack of sound, I'll bet a lot of folks will be happier with the '17 model's new exhaust note.
On that last video, there is a flashing light on the tach. Looks like it says something like "ETO". Anyone know what that is?
Flyn, it says ETC. Electronic Traction Control, perhaps? I've not read that it has such a thing.
 
A Google search on Honda ETC comes up with info on Honda Electronic Throttle Control systems. Does the new bike have ride by wire? Could it be something like that?
 
Well that is interesting. Maybe thats what it is. I guess if it is, it would be nice in Japan to have it built in by Honda.
 
Riko_imp said:
DaSwami_imp said:
Oooowee that RS is straight up sexy! But that tank! Ugh. Looks like a giant pinched its backend between his thumb and forefinger!
indeed

In almost every aspect the bike got more slick, except for that tank, I just don't like it.
Maybe you can trade the tank with someone who has a '13-'14, or buy one from Takashi?

Edit: I have absolutely no idea if this would be compatible, but just throwing it out there!
 
quote='Cormanus'

66194de3c8101c7132f35a568742a8cc.jpg



Look at that beautiful 750 in the background. How in the world, could Honda NOT put matching side covers and a more traditional looking tank on the EX in the foreground? :huh:

And RLETS like the 750 has?
 
Back
Top