2017 Air Box Covers

will866_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Does anybody know if the air box covers from the 2017 CB1100 will fit on the 2014s? The are the black plastic covers if front of the side covers. I like the chrome strip on the 2017s and think they would look good on a 2014 if they fit.

Anybody know when 2017 parts might start to become aavailable for purchase? In addition to the airbag covers, I also covet the LED turn signals if those are transferrable.
 
I think only one member has a '17 and he is in Vietnam IIFC. So most likely no one knows for sure yet about fitment.

The CB1100 parts haven't shown up on the on-line parts houses yet, but I imagine they will by the time the bikes hit the showroom floor.

The LED bits may fit, but you will have to add resistors, or buy a POSH flasher, or maybe, if it will work, a '17 flasher (turn signal posistion relay).
 
Well there ya go. Thanks for the heads up PowerDubs :thumbsup:
 
I just purchased a 2017 tank from Samurider for my 2014 so parts are available.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
I just purchased a 2017 tank from Samurider for my 2014 so parts are available.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post some photos when you have it installed, please?
 
37e10b740a5b58fa293bb4e4b80b456e.jpg

daa339a391e1fe5e4ec480630843a6ff.jpg


I love the 2017 tank. And I get an extra half liter of gas to boot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I reckon that looks good on the standard bike, chync. Nice work.
 
Thread starter
I heard back from Mr. T and he has the 17 Airbox Covers. They can be bought and delivered for around $90. I'll post a picture once I buy them after my DLX arrives. Scheduled for arrival this week!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I reckon that looks good on the standard bike, chync. Nice work.
+1 on this.

Unrelated questions: which Ohnlins are those on the back and why aren't the piggybacks on the top? I've never seen them upside down like that.
 
chync_imp said:
37e10b740a5b58fa293bb4e4b80b456e.jpg

daa339a391e1fe5e4ec480630843a6ff.jpg


I love the 2017 tank. And I get an extra half liter of gas to boot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait.. !! The 2017 tank fits on the 2014..??!!. Crap, that looks good. You mind me asking how much that cost you ? Did it fit spot on ?? I love the look of the flush gas lid.
 
Not sure about the exact Ohlins model. I think it may be a model that fits a Kawasaki. They are upside down because the grab rails interfered with the shock. There is an Ohlins model that can be installed right side up but apparently the guy I ordered these through didn't realize it. Ohlins confirmed these work correctly upside down because they are under gas pressure. Not thrilled about having to install them upside down but they ride great. Yes the tank fits just like the original. The only difference is the 2017 tank has an overflow drain hose that needs to be added.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the tank was 1000 yen from Samurider.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the reply on the Ohlins. Didn't see this addressed elsewhere, but which fairing is that? Is that the Chic Design from Samurider? I promise..no more questions. :)
 
miCB_imp said:
Thanks for the reply on the Ohlins. Didn't see this addressed elsewhere, but which fairing is that? Is that the Chic Design from Samurider? I promise..no more questions. :)

Yes that's the fairing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
JF Coastal_imp said:
chync_imp said:
37e10b740a5b58fa293bb4e4b80b456e.jpg

daa339a391e1fe5e4ec480630843a6ff.jpg


I love the 2017 tank. And I get an extra half liter of gas to boot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait.. !! The 2017 tank fits on the 2014..??!!. Crap, that looks good. You mind me asking how much that cost you ? Did it fit spot on ?? I love the look of the flush gas lid.
Wait.. !! The 2017 tank fits on the 2014..??!!. Crap, that looks good. You mind me asking how much that cost you ? Did it fit spot on ?? I love the look of the flush gas lid.
I'm curious if that would interfere with your lower bars. But... I thought you were getting rid of your bike??
 
Back
Top