2016 CB1100

Greg Davis_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Any information on 2016 models? I was hoping to buy a new CB1100 with spoke wheels, and 4 into 2 exhaust. thanks
 
I am searching for a new (or lightly used) 2014 or newer Deluxe model, and there is nothing close to me. When I asked my local dealer to find me one, this was his reply: "This bike was a limited addition vintage remake and are only available in a 2013 and 2014 model.".

I think he's wrong, since I've read reviews of the 2015 model, but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure if they've stopped making them, or what the story is on 2015 or 2016.
 
I don't think anyone knows absolutely, but it's common for a manufacturer to discontinue a model in North America, but continue it in Europe or other markets.
This may be why you spotted a review of a 2015.
The CB1100 was available in Australia and other markets before it came to North America in 2013 - and for only a two year run.
 
2014 is the last model year for the CB1100 according to the best info. There are still unsold 2013's around (a dealer near me has two) but finding a new DLX will be hard to do. I actually prefer my 2013 and have no problems running 80+ on super slabs. There are so many cosmetic changes one can make to personalize this bike including wire wheels if your budget allows. Samurider is the best choice for everything from seats, tanks, side covers and fenders to modify the look.

This is my favorite bike ever owned in 50 years of riding. Not the fastest, most comfortable nor best handling but certainly the best balanced overall for what I wanted in a motorcycle.
 
US Honda Dealers did not get a 2015 Model and it is unlikely it will return in 2016. If you really are interested in a bike I would recommend pulling the trigger if you do indeed locate a 2013 or 2014 edition.
 
redbirds_imp said:
2014 is the last model year for the CB1100 according to the best info. There are still unsold 2013's around (a dealer near me has two) but finding a new DLX will be hard to do. I actually prefer my 2013 and have no problems running 80+ on super slabs. There are so many cosmetic changes one can make to personalize this bike including wire wheels if your budget allows. Samurider is the best choice for everything from seats, tanks, side covers and fenders to modify the look.

This is my favorite bike ever owned in 50 years of riding. Not the fastest, most comfortable nor best handling but certainly the best balanced overall for what I wanted in a motorcycle.
I couldn't have said it any better.
 
I am sort of happy that they are discontinuing it (in the US at least). Makes this bike even more exclusive and "special." I'm not expecting it to become a collectible by any means, but I definitely like the fact it is on a "limited" production for the US. I do have a feeling this bike may hold it's value better than others.
 
If you look in the History section of the forum, there is only 1 reputable report of a 15 model and its a special edition EX with mag wheels for Japanese domestic market.

There have been zero reliable info on any 16 models
 
I have not seen another CB1100 in my area. When I bought mine 3 weeks ago, I was looking on Craigslist for a used CB. This one (2014 black standard) was listed at my local Honda dealer. I didn't even know they made these. It was new never had gas or a battery. I traded my 2009 Harley Lowrider for it. They had it reduced to $7995. Very happy with my dissision.
 
I sadly missed the boat on the W650. It became a fairly desirable and collectable bike. I believe the CB1100 will have a similar following over the next 5-10 years. In the meantime, ride those CB's and enjoy them!
 
Beemer Guy_imp said:
I am searching for a new (or lightly used) 2014 or newer Deluxe model, and there is nothing close to me. When I asked my local dealer to find me one, this was his reply: "This bike was a limited addition vintage remake and are only available in a 2013 and 2014 model.".

I think he's wrong, since I've read reviews of the 2015 model, but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure if they've stopped making them, or what the story is on 2015 or 2016.
Here's a rare listing for a used DLX, but it's in Hillsboro OR:

MotoSport Hillsboro | New & Used Motorcycle ATV Dealer | Portland OR
 
I was in the market for a CB1100 until yesterday, when I changed my mind and decided not to buy another motorcycle. I'm really starting to feel my age, my mortality, and ever since I hit Bambi a few years ago, riding just hasn't been the same. Too many morons, cell phones, morons on cell phones and, of course, stupid critters. Add that to my slowing reflexes, nearly constant joint pain and tendonitis, and I've decided to pass. If I get the bug to ride, I'll go rent a Harley. I've actually never ridden a Harley, ever. Not even a Japanese cruiser. Who knows, that may be the thing for my old knees?

Anyway, with the CB, what I found was that there are still a few bikes to be had. Many of the dealers that still have one want MSRP. However, there are enough dealers that are willing to bargain to move out this old stock that you can find a deal. Within a 2 hours drive of me (central NC) I found three dealers with new bikes. Two red 2013s for $8400 and 7500, and a 2014 black for 7500. The 8400 guy went to 7300 when I pushed him a little bit, and the 2014 guy wouldn't budge and added a bunch of b.s. fees to the deal, which turned me off. That dealer also had a used 2013 with 1500 miles for around 6500.

ABS, of course, is nearly impossible to find.

PM me if you want a lead on any of those.
 
Back
Top