2014 Std Modifications

A bunch of us had that buzz and it was connectors buzzing in the headlight shell. Wrapped them in thin foam and buzzing gone.
 
To add to my above post, most of us didn’t notice any buzzing until we added a screen. I guess it amplified it. Then drove us crazy trying to find it. But we did :)
 
mhicks17_imp said:
I'm sure you've covered before. What have been your top 3 to 4 modifications/upgrades on your '14 std. that a new owner should consider for comfort or convenience?

Purchased my "new" '14 yesterday and would appreciate some insight.

Seats, Shields, USB mount, Rack, Bags (tank or otherwise), Yoshimura, Dynojet...?

Recommendations are welcome!

Man, I love this bike!

Hicks

My favorite mod is the Yoshimura full 4into1 exhaust that was outfitted on my '13 when I got it. I actually swapped it back to stock because I thought I'd sell the Yosh to make some cash - but I immediately missed the Yosh. It sounds great, knocks like 20 lbs off, and I just think it's an elegant solution. Tucks in so nicely and eliminates the big trumpet muffler. I love it.
 
mhicks17_imp said:
Puig Screen has a constant buzz-rattle. Trying to locate the source to stabilize with rubber or something. I like the screen, works about 85% as well as I thought it would and about 50% as much as I probably need, but don't want a big screen for daily use. Eventually will pick up larger screen for trips.

Givvi rear rack due in Friday!!!
mhicks17,

Here are some pix of the Corbin seat. Let me know if you are interested. BTW, this is my first attempt to post pix, so they may or may not turn out right.

Jim


 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
To add to my above post, most of us didn’t notice any buzzing until we added a screen. I guess it amplified it. Then drove us crazy trying to find it. But we did :)

Awesome, thanks for the info. Never would have guessed that the screen had nothing to do with it. If I read it right, I need to take the headlight apart and secure the wiring connectors with some foam. Probably next weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outtabout_imp said:
mhicks17_imp said:
Puig Screen has a constant buzz-rattle. Trying to locate the source to stabilize with rubber or something. I like the screen, works about 85% as well as I thought it would and about 50% as much as I probably need, but don't want a big screen for daily use. Eventually will pick up larger screen for trips.

Givvi rear rack due in Friday!!!
mhicks17,

Here are some pix of the Corbin seat. Let me know if you are interested. BTW, this is my first attempt to post pix, so they may or may not turn out right.

Jim
mhicks17,

Here are some pix of the Corbin seat. Let me know if you are interested. BTW, this is my first attempt to post pix, so they may or may not turn out right.

Jim

Thanks Outtabout. Pics turned out good, good looking seat. I think I’m going to still hold off for awhile, but will keep it in mind.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top