2014 Std Modifications

Re post #6, I forgot the very important Dart Marlin flyscreen.
Does a good job taking the wind off my chest, as it did on my Moto Guzzi V7II.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Oh, almost forgot the most important. MEE M6 pro ear buds with Comply isolation ear bud tips. Love them. They eliminate noise, sound great, and fit well in a tight fitting helmet.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
How much noise do they keep out? Are they as good as noise cancelling headphones?

Lord Popgun_imp said:
AirHawk. Jus sayin :)
What popgun said.
How much noise do they keep out? Are they as good as noise cancelling headphones?

Lord Popgun_imp said:
AirHawk. Jus sayin :)
What popgun said. Never tried noise canceling ear buds but these block the noise quite well. I use an open face helmet and they definitely reduce wind noise, at crusing speed, to a comfortable level. With music playing, at a moderate levels, you cannot hear the wind. I use them while working, I use compressors, power washers, and pneumatic wet polishers, and they effectively block the noise. They were only $49 on Amazon and the comply tips were another $14 for three pair. If the medium comply work for you they come with the buds. They have another model with a two driver setup for $150. The extra base would be interesting but I get plenty from the M6 model. Not sure it would be worth the extra $100. Another neat feature is the cable is detachable and therefore replaceable. I've had a few other buds where the cable tended to be the common point of failure.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Retsel. You’re right about cables being the main point of earbud failure.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everybody!

Going to give the stock seat an honest chance... though the Black/Red Corbin looks sweet.

Ordered Revzilla:
SW-Mo Crash guards (Prefer Blacked out vs. Chrome OEM)
Techspec Snakeskin Tank Protector (Any negatives to this?)

In market for low-profile wind shield, tank bag & rear rack. Trying to keep bulky additions to a minimum, but need something for storage when I don't want to wear a backpack.
 
mhicks17_imp said:
Thanks everybody!

Going to give the stock seat an honest chance... though the Black/Red Corbin looks sweet.

Ordered Revzilla:
SW-Mo Crash guards (Prefer Blacked out vs. Chrome OEM)
Techspec Snakeskin Tank Protector (Any negatives to this?)

In market for low-profile wind shield, tank bag & rear rack. Trying to keep bulky additions to a minimum, but need something for storage when I don't want to wear a backpack.
I have not put on crash guards (yet) and I don't know about the tank protector.

I have the Rocket 2 fairing with the standard wind screen. It's expensive, and ordering from Japan takes a while. So far, I really like the way it performs and how it looks on the bike.

I have a Cortech Super 2.0 small tank bag. It holds everything I want. It's magnetic, so it's easy to remove for access to the fuel cap, for taking into a restaurant or store, etc. Cortech is inexpensive, but I've been impressed with the quality so far.

Unless you're going to get a matched top box and panniers which require specific racks and mounts, then the Honda rear rack is fine. Several riders here have that rack and have adapted various boxes and bags to work with it.

Here is a recent picture of my '14 Std getting ready for a long road trip with overnight stays. I have a box on the rear rack, and a T-bag strapped to the rear part of the seat.


 
Shad top box, thing is so useful

Plexistar screen with mra screen added on

Sw motech crash bars, super good quality and look oem

Now all i need is a corbin seat and some pullback handlebars.
 
Thread starter
Grip Puppies, RLETS, & Puig Naked Screen ordered.

I'm sure I'll get another 20 ponies out of her now!
 
Well I have actually changed a lot on my 2014 CB 1100 Std. It's all up to your own preference and needs for the most part.

Here is my list anyway for what it's worth:

2013 front and rear rims. (Gloss Black centers with Polished Aluminum Edges and all new bearings and hardware)
Angel GT Tires with OS rear. (160/60 ZR 18)
Chrome Chain Guard.
Chrome Tank Edge Molding.
(Made Big Difference in the Looks)
Had the metal backs of both gages Chromed at a local chrome shop.(was half the price of the plastic ones offered by Honda)
Chromed Headlight case.
OEM Large rear rack.
Removed all factory stickers.
Med size wind screen.
OME heated grips.
Driving lights that are 5 LED each and you can set them to pulse in several different strobe patterns or as Driving lights.
OEM 2014 Deluxe Seat to replace the pattern less one that came with it.
Second helmet lock.
All OEM tools from the parts manual.
K&N Air Filter.
D.I.D. Pro-Street Gold Chain.
Track Side Cell Charger & Cigarette Lighter Port.
36 LED Brake, Turn and Running Light Chrome License Plate Frame.
OEM Chrome Case Savers.
Chrome Oil Filter and Changed Oil to Castrol 10W30 Synthetic.
Installed and Manufactured brackets for removable 3 Ft Fire Fox Tunable CB Antenna and wiring.
Ram X-Grip mount.
Tour Master Rear Storage Bag and Manufactured Hard Mount for attaching to the OEM Rear Rack. (Only takes 10 min to install or remove)
 
Thread starter
Puig screen looks good. Was disappointed that I had to install graphics (took some time to get aligned. Bolts onto the bike in 3 minutes. I'll let you know how it holds up.

One of the RLETS ripped along the leg... only sensible thing to do...trim it down and cover the knob only. Looks great & installation difficulty goes from 10 to 2! :) Highly Recommend.

Waiting on grip puppies.
 
@mhicks17, if you change your mind about wanting a seat upgrade, I may be selling a Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat here in the near future. I got it for long trips, but I've only used it on 3 rides of 100 miles each since I purchased it in 2016 (and it is a big improvement over stock!). It seems kind of a shame to just leave it in the closet when someone can be using it. Let me know if you need any more info on it.
 
I don’t understand why, if the Corbin is so much more comfortable, you don’t use it all the time?
 
Thread starter
Outtabout_imp said:
@mhicks17, if you change your mind about wanting a seat upgrade, I may be selling a Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat here in the near future. I got it for long trips, but I've only used it on 3 rides of 100 miles each since I purchased it in 2016 (and it is a big improvement over stock!). It seems kind of a shame to just leave it in the closet when someone can be using it. Let me know if you need any more info on it.
Sent you a PM. Thanks.
 
Hi Cormanus,

The short answer is that I like the look of the stock seat and it's comfortable enough for shorter hops. I got the Corbin with the intent of taking multiple long rides, but haven't gotten around to it. The Corbin looks and feels awesome, but I'd rather someone else be able to use it than leave it stuck in the closet.
 
Thanks Outtabout.
 
Japanese colour matched cafe fairing
Mirror extenders,
12 v 2 pin socket for battery maintainer
center stand
Rubber fork gaiters
OEM rear rack
Custom removable stainless sissy bar, comes off or on in 2 minutes
Leather sissy bar T bag
Love the stock seat, just did 3800km on it, sit in rear seat occasionally
Could use front foot pegs further forward for leg comfort, anyone done that yet?
 
Rlets,
Kawasaki W650 fork gaiters
Matching headlight bucket
Chrome Instrument covers
Battery Tender pigtail
Kurvy Gurl 83 degree Valve stems
Fehling luggage rack (from Germany)
Cortech tank bag
Cortech tail pack
Michelin PR3's
Progrip 719 Gel Grips
1157 R3W-FL Flashing tail light bulb
Reflectors removed
Tank Decals removed
Chip Beck Lic plate mod

For Trips or cooler weather:
NC Street Shield EX with 7 " trimmed off top
NC hand guards
Tourmaster Select Saddlebags


Stock seat (have ridden 698 miles in 12 hours on it) and stock exhaust (I like em quiet)
 
I added a puig windscreen to help take some of the wind off my chest, oxford heated grips, a ram mount for my phone and I ran an IPhone charging cable from my battery tender up under the tank.

For the seat I just throw my airhawk on for the longer rides. O2 plug is on order to hopefully help with the surging which I notice when I roll off the throttle going downhill.

Probably adding a rear rack and a topcase in the future.
 
i'm kind of small time with my modifications so far, but i've got big dreams.

Done so far:

Rlets
Red Diamond side cover emblems
"1150Four" side cover emblems
Dart Marlin Screen (smoke)
MIZ Tail section and custom roll pleated seat
Triumph Bonneville Fork Gaiters
Micheline PR3's (160/60 rear and 120/70 front)


What I'm considering/planning:

Heated Grips and removable opaque hand guards for winter
Titanium 4-1 exhaust (hopefully cat free!)
Air filter and Snorkel mods
17T front Sprocket
Raise rear, lower front just a hair
Square 80's style signals
LED lamp
ECU flash and PCV
Charging USB for GPS/phone tie-in
Frame sliders/fork protectors
short black HakuFugu front fender
 
tnelson99_imp said:
I added a puig windscreen to help take some of the wind off my chest, oxford heated grips, a ram mount for my phone and I ran an IPhone charging cable from my battery tender up under the tank.

For the seat I just throw my airhawk on for the longer rides. O2 plug is on order to hopefully help with the surging which I notice when I roll off the throttle going downhill.

Probably adding a rear rack and a topcase in the future.
Oh yea, I forgot I dropped the front sprocket one tooth to a 17 and added short black adjustable clutch & brake levers. I didn't feel the 18t was needed and like the quicker acceleration from a stop. As far as the levers go I'll probably go back to standard length levers. The short levers seem to require much more effort (especially the clutch).
 
Thread starter
Puig Screen has a constant buzz-rattle. Trying to locate the source to stabilize with rubber or something. I like the screen, works about 85% as well as I thought it would and about 50% as much as I probably need, but don't want a big screen for daily use. Eventually will pick up larger screen for trips.

Givvi rear rack due in Friday!!!
 
Back
Top