2014 Import to Australia

Phastie_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I am very keen to buy a 2014 Deluxe model in Australia. Honda Australia don't bring this model in as you may or may not know.
BAD decision HA

I have started a campaign to try to get them to change their minds.

I only speak for myself here the letter bellow to HA is only my opinion

Feel free to take up the good fight if you want to.


Thanks for your reply.

I and many others are very disappointed to hear this news that HONDA AUSTRALIA will not be bringing this model into the country.
Given the amazing improvement the 2014 model offers with 6 speed transmission, ABS, larger fuel tank and most importantly a 4 into 2 pipe arrangement this model will become an Icon and for Australia to miss out is a very bad decision.
This model wouldn't be targeted to the average punter, more so the baby boomer who is getting back into the bike scene and who would have owned or does own a CB 750, and these are many and growing.
These people whilst cost conscious have the money to buy what they want.
Therefore whilst cost is always a consideration of course I doubt it would be the major trigger for a purchasing decision in this case.

I could understand if I was living in some tiny third world country but I am not.

I will be stepping up a campaign via forums and any other way I can to encourage HA to change their mind and bring this fabulous model into the country.

I fully understand the ADR regulations and the costs etc! however given this bike is going to most countries in the world where their rules are at least as tough as ours, there probably aren't many modifications to be completed.

This bike is as up to date safety wise as anything on the market anywhere in the world.

Don't get me wrong I am a HONDA owner and have been since 1973......and I do understand the economics of the business.

Thanks again for your reply and I trust you will forward my email to whomever makes the decisions regarding model selection for import.

Kind regards


PhilHastie
Sent from my iPad

On 26 Feb 2014, at 8:48 am, "Nadiene Stewart" <customer.relations@hondampe.com.au> wrote:

Dear PHIL,

Thanks for your recent Internet enquiry.

We wish to advise that the Honda CB1100 is no longer available within Australia.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain all of the models produced by our factories worldwide.

There are a number of factors involved in determining our model line-up, such as production costs, product availability, exchange rates and modification requirements for our market etc. We also review feedback from our future and existing customer base and also market trends obtained from our dealer network.

Once again thank you for expressing your interest in Honda products and if you require more information on models available within Australia please contact your local Honda dealer or refer to our website:

Honda | Motorcycles

Kind Regards,

Nadiene Stewart
Customer Relations Team
Honda Australia MPE Pty Ltd
 
Dang it Phil, doesn't sound good. Hard to believe as big of a market as Australia is, they wouldn't bring in a few for the dedicated few
 
Well, she did say that they review feedback from their future and existing customer base. While it certainly sounds like an uphill battle, I imagine that if you can get enough people to write (including plenty of your fellow countrymen/women), you might at least get their attention. Who knows?
 
Thread starter
Indeed, I hope they see reason. Marketed correctly they would get some healthy sales in Aussie. Loads of older CB 750 owners who would be very attracted to the new 1100 especially the 2014 with 4 into 2 options.p
 
Phastie,
If there was any way we in the U.S. could help your campaign to talk some sense into HA, we would. Too bad there isn't some way you could buy one from a dealer here and have it shipped over.
 
Thread starter
Hi there and thanks for your support..the import regs here are very strict. You have to have owned the bike for 12 months and been out of the country for 12 months before you can bring it into Aust. You then pay GST DUTY etc etc etc.
It is crazy that HA dont have the confidence in their product to release it albeit in a limited number to a large market like Australia.
I will be pushing as hard as i can

Regards
 
Hi PHastie,

Have you had any extra news on the CB1100 EX or DLX coming to Australia?

I'm very interested in this bike and the addition of 4-2-2 exhaust and like the look of the wire spoke wheels on the EX.

You can add me to the list of people keen on getting one of these bikes if they were to become available here. I really don't see the big deal if they are sending them to the states and to Europe, we shouldn't be any different.

Cheers
Peachy
 
Phastie_imp said:
Hi there and thanks for your support..the import regs here are very strict. You have to have owned the bike for 12 months and been out of the country for 12 months before you can bring it into Aust. You then pay GST DUTY etc etc etc.
It is crazy that HA dont have the confidence in their product to release it albeit in a limited number to a large market like Australia.
I will be pushing as hard as i can

Regards
To be fair Australia really isn't what you would call a large market with a population of just over 23 million people. By contrast Japan has a population of a little over 127 million people and the US around 313 million.

The state of New York has more than 19 million people with a fraction of the land mass for comparison.

Now I'm not saying that the bike wouldn't have followers, but I doubt Honda would promote it enough to get the sales figures they would want to call it a success, and that is most likely why they pulled the model out of the market in the first place.

It's a shame because, as we all know, its a great motorcycle and the customers are out there but without promotion you just can't expect strong sales. If they would actually promote it here in the states I'm sure the sales numbers would be much better.
 
There does seem to be a problem with Honda promoting this bike. Unless you frequented bike shops or motorcycle magazines, you'd struggle to know it existed. I'd like to see it come back to Australia, but I'm not persuaded it will happen.
 
My two cents; with your limited market of only 23 million people and a ton of very good machines being produced market forces are going to dictate that many well deserving machines will simply not be worth bringing in.

So, could you buy the bike and bring it in yourself? In the US this would be pretty much impossible (you could import it, but getting it licensed would be a nightmare).
 
A very expensive option: purchase a 2014 EX new in the crate from the nearest available country and ship it to an Australian Honda dealer for set up and licensing. It might cost big bucks but you'd have the distinction of having the only one in the country
 
:biker:
Cormanus_imp said:
There does seem to be a problem with Honda promoting this bike. Unless you frequented bike shops or motorcycle magazines, you'd struggle to know it existed. I'd like to see it come back to Australia, but I'm not persuaded it will happen.
I actually hear that said about Honda on other forum sites with other models of theirs too. Without looking it up, how many of you know anything about my other Honda, the NT700? NT, Not NX, not NC.

Maybe they think they have such brand recognition that they will see enough customers that just will automatically walk-in to their dealerships to see what's there when they are in the market?
 
Hi Guys

I have only discovered this bike recently and absolutely gutted that Honda Oz refuse to bring it out!

As mentioned I too agree that with the poor sales of the CB1100 they would be hesitant to sell the 2015 model. But who is to blame for the poor sales? My finger points straight at Honda Australia for their lack of marketing this stunning machine!

My first bike was a 125 SS (twin) back in 76. Then I bought the love of my life of bikes... The Honda 400 four...

I have always wanted Honda to bring out another 4 into 1 and I would have jumped at the chance to buy one in 2010 if I knew it excised, instead of buying a Harley 883 Iron...

I have just been on to a Japanese website and they now make the CB1100 with spoked wheels! The cost of the bike is equivalent to just over $12,000! Apparently Japan's emissions are very similar to Oz so I think that would be the answer and buy a reasonably new bike from their and ship it out.

Not sure what this robbing Government would want to sting me for importing it though?

They can't try and justify an import tax on the basis of protecting the local motorbike manufacturer as we don't make bikes!

Anyone have any clues?

Cheers

Al


Phastie_imp said:
I am very keen to buy a 2014 Deluxe model in Australia. Honda Australia don't bring this model in as you may or may not know.
BAD decision HA

I have started a campaign to try to get them to change their minds.

I only speak for myself here the letter bellow to HA is only my opinion

Feel free to take up the good fight if you want to.


Thanks for your reply.

I and many others are very disappointed to hear this news that HONDA AUSTRALIA will not be bringing this model into the country.
Given the amazing improvement the 2014 model offers with 6 speed transmission, ABS, larger fuel tank and most importantly a 4 into 2 pipe arrangement this model will become an Icon and for Australia to miss out is a very bad decision.
This model wouldn't be targeted to the average punter, more so the baby boomer who is getting back into the bike scene and who would have owned or does own a CB 750, and these are many and growing.
These people whilst cost conscious have the money to buy what they want.
Therefore whilst cost is always a consideration of course I doubt it would be the major trigger for a purchasing decision in this case.

I could understand if I was living in some tiny third world country but I am not.

I will be stepping up a campaign via forums and any other way I can to encourage HA to change their mind and bring this fabulous model into the country.

I fully understand the ADR regulations and the costs etc! however given this bike is going to most countries in the world where their rules are at least as tough as ours, there probably aren't many modifications to be completed.

This bike is as up to date safety wise as anything on the market anywhere in the world.

Don't get me wrong I am a HONDA owner and have been since 1973......and I do understand the economics of the business.

Thanks again for your reply and I trust you will forward my email to whomever makes the decisions regarding model selection for import.

Kind regards


PhilHastie
Sent from my iPad

On 26 Feb 2014, at 8:48 am, "Nadiene Stewart" <customer.relations@hondampe.com.au> wrote:

Dear PHIL,

Thanks for your recent Internet enquiry.

We wish to advise that the Honda CB1100 is no longer available within Australia.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain all of the models produced by our factories worldwide.

There are a number of factors involved in determining our model line-up, such as production costs, product availability, exchange rates and modification requirements for our market etc. We also review feedback from our future and existing customer base and also market trends obtained from our dealer network.

Once again thank you for expressing your interest in Honda products and if you require more information on models available within Australia please contact your local Honda dealer or refer to our website:

Honda | Motorcycles

Kind Regards,

Nadiene Stewart
Customer Relations Team
Honda Australia MPE Pty Ltd
 
The distribution of the product is still living in the seventies regardless of our free trade agreements.

Give Nadiene a ring its like an episode of Yes Minister or the Hollow Men, or perhaps the current series of Utopia on the ABC. Good fun but it does nothing but bemuse you.

Regards
 
Hi Phil

Any further progress, or still the same like last year?
Seen one in Germany recently and wanted to buy it straight up, but Australia...

Anyhow, if your campaign is still going and you need one on your list or me to write to somewhere, let me know.
I'm in.

Thanks
Ingo
 
Boy, talking about fighting City Hall, you're fight Country Hall:s. You just made me realize what it is that makes me love my CB1100.

These stupid regulations, YES STUPID:@ When I owned my CB750 life was simple. People where free to work and play as they saw fit. If you wanted to put money in the bank you just made a deposit, no worry if the FEDS where going to bust down your door because you put too much money in or took too much money out, sheese:(

Now you have to have permission just to wipe:exclamation:

Boy this is a time when I wish I had money. I would get your address and ship you a CB1100. I would buy it and crate it and have the trucking company pick it up and send it to you just so you could have the feeling we here have:thumbsup:

I sure hope you can work this out.

ralph
 
Toddman_imp said:
Just buy a nice Dyna, change the bars and exhaust and call it good. HaHa.
Funny you're saying this. -> got one already;-)
Ralph_imp said:
Boy, talking about fighting City Hall, you're fight Country Hall:s. You just made me realize what it is that makes me love my CB1100.

These stupid regulations, YES STUPID:@ When I owned my CB750 life was simple. People where free to work and play as they saw fit. If you wanted to put money in the bank you just made a deposit, no worry if the FEDS where going to bust down your door because you put too much money in or took too much money out, sheese:(

Now you have to have permission just to wipe:exclamation:

Boy this is a time when I wish I had money. I would get your address and ship you a CB1100. I would buy it and crate it and have the trucking company pick it up and send it to you just so you could have the feeling we here have:thumbsup:

I sure hope you can work this out.

ralph
Thanks Ralph

Yep, it's amazing the kind of world we are living in. Our word 'evolved' soo much, but freedom is sometimes more and more questionable.
Anyhow, we have to work with what we've got.
Me, migrating to Australia 15 years ago makes me realize quite often, that I'm on an island, which was once a convict island.
It appears that traces are still present of the colonial ruling style.
By the way, the problem already starts with importing.
Money-wise I'm able to import one, but I won't get even hold of it here. As customs will not hand it to me. It's strictly not possible to import a new bike to this country.
That's what is so frustrating.
BUT, I'm not giving up yet and hope to find a gap somewhere.
Honda Australia has not been helpful and only replies with templates.
Take care and ride safe.
Ingo
 
Here in the USA, we have bikes sitting in dealer ships not sold. I bought my 14 1100STD manufacture date 2/14 new in 8/15. I found it on Craigslist. Never heard if the bike before than. Very poor advertising on Hondas part. No wonder they didn't make a 2015 model...
 
Back
Top