2014 Deluxe vs EX

Raceman_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I am confused, please somebody clarify. I want to order a set of Hepco Becker saddlebag mounts for my 2014 CB1100 Deluxe. HB has a set that works on CB1100 from 2013 forward and a set for 2014 CB1100EX. No mention of the Deluxe. The EX appears to have the features of a Deluxe. Is the Deluxe also called the CB1100SA the same as an EX?
 
Raceman, the 2014EX is the European version of the USA's 2014 Deluxe. I know the wheels and the engine paint were different, but not much else I think. A couple of Belgians set out to ride through the Americas on 2014 CB1100 EXs and they were kitted out with Hepco Becker gear. Start here: USA - Kim and Seb

their site isn't easy to navigate as it once was, but you can hunt down their blog of the North American trip on CBs. Maybe start here, The big change - Kim and Seb. Somewhere amongst it all I recall their is a reasonable review of the gear they used.
 
2014 DLX USA model is same as 2014 EX anywhere else in the world(different wheels,paint)

2017 EX USA model is a completely different animal than any 2014 model

I wish 2017 has retained those green gauges from 2014 model.
 
I would like to add that 2017 EX US model most likely equels 2017 EX Canadian.
I think the green faceplates are only available with 2014 DLX...very unique and beautiful
 
...this is dlx faceplate...

3740cf3e1ff48c573e43e561722b79bd.jpg





e3b80efb7cee3c25877bd7bc4874fb9c.jpg


:beerchug:
 
The 2017 alu colored face plate will fit the 2014 DLX , I have done it on mine and it looks much better than just the black .
 
Houtman_imp said:
The 2017 alu colored face plate will fit the 2014 DLX , I have done it on mine and it looks much better than just the black .
I'd love to know how you did this,...exp. how you went about taking out the indicator needles from the center post w/o damaging the internal coil winding
 
He's talking about a polished cover that goes over the center between the gauges.
 
oh...ok. it's that triangle , star trek looking logo, cover that sits above the keyhole, right?
thanks for that bit of info...what was i thinking?
 
Houtman_imp said:
The 2017 alu colored face plate will fit the 2014 DLX , I have done it on mine and it looks much better than just the black .

It also fits the 2014 Standard.
33f478db8c659b656152f7bb0a9fb0a5.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks for everyones input. I ordered the Hepco Becker racks and the are not compatible with the Honda luggage rack on the bike. I am going to sell them but cannot advertise on the forun since I do not have 25 posts.
 
Houtman_imp said:
The 2017 alu colored face plate will fit the 2014 DLX , I have done it on mine and it looks much better than just the black .
So where does one obtain such an aluminum / aluminium face plate?
 
I think that if you look at the 2017 Honda CB 1100 parts list you will find it , PERHAPS I got mine from Mr. T It just snaps over the existing one on your bike , no need to remove anything.
 
Back
Top