2014 CB1100 EX Seat Fit On 2013 and Older Bikes

After seeing the side view I went back and forth for a bit...but ended up deciding to go forward with the seat order. I may feel differently when I see it in real life....but right now the fact that the edge of the seat no longer parallels the side rail doesn't bother me.

To test it, I went away for a while, then looked back at the picture "cold." My eyes weren't particularly drawn to that detail...which for me is usually a sign that something won't bother me in real life.

Plus, I think I just like the design of the seat better.
 
pechorin75_imp said:
After seeing the side view I went back and forth for a bit...but ended up deciding to go forward with the seat order. I may feel differently when I see it in real life....but right now the fact that the edge of the seat no longer parallels the side rail doesn't bother me.

To test it, I went away for a while, then looked back at the picture "cold." My eyes weren't particularly drawn to that detail...which for me is usually a sign that something won't bother me in real life.

Plus, I think I just like the design of the seat better.
I agree. The grab rail is wide and covers up the area where the seat and the fender meet. Not a problem, to my eye. Hope you love when it arrives.
 
Overall it looks pretty good after seeing it, it wouldn't bother me either, nobody but us is ever going to notice it, I really wanted this seat, but if it's the same cushion as the original it just won't work for me, my back just can't handle it thus the reason I ordered the corbin, not my favorite cup of tea either, but I will be able to ride as long as I want pain free.....let me know how it compares comfort wise.......Happy Trails....
 
I'm also hoping it'll be more comfortable than the 2013 seat, but I'm not exactly counting on it. I'll let you know how it compares the first time I get it out for an hour or two (though keep in mind that my issue isn't back trouble...I just get pressure points on my "sit bones," i.e., pelvis (I think)).
 
The fuel tank has an extra 2.9 litres capacity, up to 17.5 litres, usefully extending cruising range. To complement the evolution of its form, the sidepanels have been redesigned to underline the bike’s solidity while the passenger grabrail is laid horizontally, mimicking that of classic Honda’s of the 1960s and 70s; a thicker and softer seat boosts comfort for rider and pillion. The headlight position is 25mm higher for reasons of style, and to match the handlebar position.
 
Jack I can't tell from the picture. Does the seat touch the tank or is there some clearance on the 2013?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Guess I am not seeing the issues with the seat. Looks like the seat fits very well to my eyes. The seat appears to touch the back of the tank but so does the 13 OE seat. Jack, thanks for posting these pics.
 
It's the silver grab bar under the rear side of the seat....the angle, slant..... in stock form, the bottom of the seat will flow evenly, the grab bar is slanted down a lot more on the 13 versus the 14, we didn't know if the 14 seat would work in the beginning on the 13 for various reasons, It apparently does work if you are OK with the lines not running smoothly, it looks OK with me.......
 
Thread starter
Now I see it. Still think the 14 EX seat looks good visually on the bike. Looking forward to putting one on my 13. I think the seat will add that little extra something to my bike.
 
Quick update: I finally received my '14 EX seat today. Not sure what experiences others have had (Ferret reported issues, I think), but mine went on just as quickly and easily as the stock seat. I have the Honda luggage rack, and with that on there I barely even notice the alignment issue w/ the side bars.

I haven't ridden with it yet so can't comment on improved comfort (if any), but a quick sit indicates that it does indeed ride somewhat higher than the stock '13 seat. The vinyl feels like it might be lighter duty stuff than what's on the old seat, but I'm guessing that's a function of the "quilted" top.

Anyway, I'll grab a few pics next time I have it out for a ride. I'm also getting black side covers from Takashi in a couple of weeks, so am looking forward to the combo.

Meantime, here are a couple Photoshop mock-ups of what it will look like. Didn't bother w/ adding the new seat to the second one.



[url=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/pechorin75/media/blackr_zpsa55f397f.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
Received my 14 Dlx seat today from Bike Bandit. Seat was nationally back ordered so I had to wait bout a month for it to arrive. The 14 Dlx seat fit perfectly on my 13. The only real difference is the seat does not quite have the same lower line around the grab bars in the rear. The look is not off putting and hardly noticeable. I have not had a chance to ride the bike yet but I am pleased with the look of the seat on the bike. For those on the fence, no worries about the 14 seat fitting the 13.
 
When I tried to put the 14 seat on my 13 I felt it wanted to go. Looking at the bottom of both seats looked identical, and I could feel the left side catching but not the right side. Not sure what was keeping it from going on, but I am glad others have been able to put them right on. It's a good thing.
 
pechorin75_imp said:
Quick update: I finally received my '14 EX seat today. Not sure what experiences others have had (Ferret reported issues, I think), but mine went on just as quickly and easily as the stock seat. I have the Honda luggage rack, and with that on there I barely even notice the alignment issue w/ the side bars.

I haven't ridden with it yet so can't comment on improved comfort (if any), but a quick sit indicates that it does indeed ride somewhat higher than the stock '13 seat. The vinyl feels like it might be lighter duty stuff than what's on the old seat, but I'm guessing that's a function of the "quilted" top.

Anyway, I'll grab a few pics next time I have it out for a ride. I'm also getting black side covers from Takashi in a couple of weeks, so am looking forward to the combo.

Meantime, here are a couple Photoshop mock-ups of what it will look like. Didn't bother w/ adding the new seat to the second one.



[url=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/pechorin75/media/blackr_zpsa55f397f.jpg.html]

Wow, that color combination looks far better than I would have expected. Very nice.
 
jack_imp said:
The 2014 OEM Deluxe seat does indeed fit the 2013 model. I ordered mine through hondapartshouse.com for $321.00 USD delivered. Upon visual inspection the two seats appear to be the same dimensions, but the deluxe fits a little bit more snug.

Can you send me the model number or any info so I can order one as well?

joeljustin
 
Back
Top