2014 CB1100 EX Seat Fit On 2013 and Older Bikes

SUPERCRUZ_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have been admiring the new 2014 CB1100 seat with the pleated top and wondered if it would fit on my 2013 so i sent Takashi a question to inquire on the availability of the 2014 EX seat and if it would fit. Below is his response. Not sure if I am going to pull the trigger or not. Someone order one of these and post up some pics. I think once i see it on the bike, i may be sold.

Thank you very much for the inquiry.
Regards to your question, It will fit on your 2013CB1100. But the seat touch the gas tank. Please allow 10days for delivery to your door in the USA.

Price: 37000yen
Shipping: 5980yen
*20-25%off
Total Price: 42980yen / approx $430US-.


Best regards,


Takashi Takase
-----Samurider.Com------
 
That's interesting. I have a K&H seat on my 2013 that sits about 3/8th of an inch from the gas tank. Yet if placed on the 2014 Deluxe with the larger tank, it would touch. This is from Takashi.

If the 2014 Deluxe seat touches the smaller 2013 tank, that implies that both the 2014 seat and 2014 tank are longer. That doesn't make sense to me.

Mr T also told me the new seat would fit on a 2013, but he didn't mention it touching the tank. Do we have him confusing his seats and bike.

I can't wait until forum members get the Deluxe. We'll final have solid data to go on. For instance does the 2014 Deluxe have the same aluminum sprocket cover as the 2014 EX or does it come with the 2013 silver plastic cover that bikes with white engines had in 2013. Honda already cut corners (no spoked wheels) on the Deluxe to hit a certain price point for US buyers. There could be some other changes not advertised.
 
The 2014 OEM Deluxe seat does indeed fit the 2013 model. I ordered mine through hondapartshouse.com for $321.00 USD delivered. Upon visual inspection the two seats appear to be the same dimensions, but the deluxe fits a little bit more snug.
 
Jack can you post a pic of the seat on your bike? Im sure a couple guys would like to see what it would look like on their bike.
 
jack_imp said:
The 2014 OEM Deluxe seat does indeed fit the 2013 model. I ordered mine through hondapartshouse.com for $321.00 USD delivered. Upon visual inspection the two seats appear to be the same dimensions, but the deluxe fits a little bit more snug.
Consider me surprised. I thought for sure that the angle of the grab handles in the back would have caused some issues. That news is going to make a few people around here pretty happy.
 
davidsargee_imp said:
I've quietly been admiring that aluminum sprocket cover.....wondering if that will fit the 2013. It sure would look good. :thumbsup:
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
 
xpacpal1x_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
I've quietly been admiring that aluminum sprocket cover.....wondering if that will fit the 2013. It sure would look good. :thumbsup:
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
I replaced my original black plastic sprocket cover with the silver colored plastic one to brighten up the left side. Takashi sent me the aluminum version which should arrive by Friday. I'll post an update this weekend with pictures.
 
CB4ME ask Takashi if there are chrome meter covers for the 14 DLX next time you talk to him please
 
CB4ME_imp said:
xpacpal1x_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
I've quietly been admiring that aluminum sprocket cover.....wondering if that will fit the 2013. It sure would look good. :thumbsup:
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
I replaced my original black plastic sprocket cover with the silver colored plastic one to brighten up the left side. Takashi sent me the aluminum version which should arrive by Friday. I'll post an update this weekend with pictures.
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
I replaced my original black plastic sprocket cover with the silver colored plastic one to brighten up the left side. Takashi sent me the aluminum version which should arrive by Friday. I'll post an update this weekend with pictures.
Yes please, and may I ask how much it was?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
 
davidsargee_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
xpacpal1x_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
I've quietly been admiring that aluminum sprocket cover.....wondering if that will fit the 2013. It sure would look good. :thumbsup:
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
I replaced my original black plastic sprocket cover with the silver colored plastic one to brighten up the left side. Takashi sent me the aluminum version which should arrive by Friday. I'll post an update this weekend with pictures.
Agreed on the aluminum sprocket cover...that is, so long as it's not silver colored plastic. I am a 2013 owner, and I hope to hear follow-ups on this topic.
I replaced my original black plastic sprocket cover with the silver colored plastic one to brighten up the left side. Takashi sent me the aluminum version which should arrive by Friday. I'll post an update this weekend with pictures.
Yes please, and may I ask how much it was?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Not cheap......but what Honda part is cheap? I know - theose black rubber lever end caps. :D

Price for aluminum sprocket cover: 21,500 yen, including matching bolts.

But... to put things into perspective, the plastic silver cover was $150 US with shipping.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ferret - I don't see chrome guage in the official 2014 CB1100 EX parts catalog but will drop Takashi a line.
 
How about one from the side?



[url=http://www.hondanews.eu/en/motorcyclepresspackdetail/?id=3536]http://www.hondanews.eu/en/motorcyclepresspackdetail/?id=3536



A range of CB1100 EX Honda Genuine Accessories are available including:

Heated grips
Rear rack
Front fork adjuster bolt (gold or red)
Chrome Meter cover
Meter panel (gold or silver)
Headlight case
A chrome shroud for the distinctive single headlight reflecting the quality and individuality of a classic style re-imagined.
Chrome engine guard
Chrome rear grip
New chrome rear carrier
Chrome look side panels
 
Just ordered one also. My stock seat has a slight blemish from the original owner--he kept bungees strapped across it, which left 4 slight indentations on the edges of the seat. Not a huge deal, and I was hoping they'd eventually "go away" with warmer temps; but even though there's been some improvement, I'm sort of doubtful that they're going to disappear entirely.

So for that reason....plus the fact that (I think) I like the styling better...plus the fact that I doubt the '14 seat could be any worse comfort-wise (I'm one of the unlucky ones for whom the stock seat is a butt-burner after about an hour)....I decided it was worth the $320 risk. Fingers crossed...
 
Hmmm....I think I might be chickening out on this deal, now that I've thought about it a little more (which I should have done to begin with). The seat obviously fits on the bike, but without having seen it from the side it's hard to know if it fits *well.* You guys have a point about those side rails...looking at the photos, I'm having a little trouble seeing how it wouldn't interfere with them.

Might check if it's too late to cancel my order...unless that side view shows up before tomorrow morning...
 
I just pm'd jack requesting that pic but he only has 3 posts so I am not sure how often he is online.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I just pm'd jack requesting that pic but he only has 3 posts so I am not sure how often he is online.
Ferret,

A few more days and you'll have the 2014 seat :banana: ............just not the clearly superior 2013 bike. :P
 
Thanks, Ferret. It'd be nice to see something...but hey, I'm the one who jumped the gun. I went ahead and asked if they could cancel/suspend my order, so we'll see what they say. Guess the worst that can happen is I wait to find somebody who wants a spare seat for their 2014 :)

And one way or another, it sounds like I'll probably know in the very near future!
 
Back
Top