2014 CB1100 dlx price?

NickLHG_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys first post here and I’d like everyone 2 cents before I go purchase a CB1100 dlx. It’s a 2014 CB1100 dlx (duh) with 3500 miles going for 7000 dollars. Minor scratch on the tank and a few scuffs on the exhaust. Aftermarket Corbin seat which goes for 533.00 new. Beautiful bike all around and I have it on hold. Out the door the bike will be 8000.00
Is it too much? There’s a 2013 CB1100 going for 6k with 10k miles. So it seems like a reasonable price.
Does anyone thing the dealership would settle for 6500? Or at least throw in a 300.00 offer? I mean tires on motorcycles last for 6-7 years max right? So I don’t see why they wouldn’t take a few hundred off.
Thoughts/comments/concerns. I’ll be taking a look at it on Saturday.
Thank you all
Hope this in the correct location.
 
G’day Nick and welcome to the forum. If you’re interested in sticking around drop over to the new members’ section and tell us a bit about yourself.

As for the price of a DLX, others will have their say. As far as I know, they’re not very common even second hand and they may impose a premium. On the other hand, I know one member here wasn’t able to shift one in good condition, albeit with more miles, for 6K or less. I guess a dealer will always want more than a private sale.
 
If it is the right bike near your home buy it , do not worry about a few hundred dollars. Perhaps they will put a set of new tires on as 6 to 7 years is a long time for tires.
 
Welcome to the Forum Nick.

It is good to finally have to decide between two siblings (or not). Some Forum members will say the DLX may be generally more collectible than the standard. The DLX does have attributes that are more desirable. Example: The twin double-walled chrome pipes are typically preferred over the 4-into-1 stainless steel. The seat is supposed to be more comfortable on the DLX, but this is typically quite subjective as everyone's butt and tolerance is different. Overall in the end, the souls and performance are the same. You will feel good.

Tires will varying by rider style, and apparently region. Some riders here at the Forum will melt through tires at a rate of about 3000 miles. They tend to be in the west coast states. Others can routinely get 15000 to 20000 miles on a decent set (e.g. Michelin PR3 and PR4). Getting 6 to 7 years could be possible I suppose, but the ride quality of the rubber will be quite deprecated.

Good luck in your quest. Keep it fun - must be exciting to choose. And Merry Christmas Nick.
 
:hello: Howdy Nick and welcome to the forum.

It isn't Saint Nick is it joining on Christmas?
 
Many of us would love to be in your shoes, Nick. I would jump on the dlx in a heartbeat. If you have to have a black one, you will be happy as well.
Either way I don't think a few hundred bucks will even cross your mind after you've ridden a few miles.
We have all spent more money on things that have given us less pleasure!

Ben
 
Welcome Nick!

I’d try to work a deal on the tires, but if it was the bike I wanted I’d pay the price. I would not ride on old tires though, worn out or not. They do age out. But I’m funny about tires on bikes and cars. YMMV
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Welcome Nick!

I’d try to work a deal on the tires, but if it was the bike I wanted I’d pay the price. I would not ride on old tires though, worn out or not. They do age out. But I’m funny about tires on bikes and cars. YMMV

Same here. I buy the absolute best tires and brakes no matter the price. Those things save lives!
Screw it im going for this bike! Does anyone have any thoughts on crash bars? I have a 99 Honda rebel and 82 dressed gl1100 and this bike is going to be darn near pristine so I was thinking (just for safety) get a set of crash bar. There are these things called T. rex crash sliders. They look a little less gaudy than a normal set of crash bars. Has anyone ever used them?
I’ll link below (also; not sure if I’m allowed to do that or not)

T-Rex Racing No Cut Frame Sliders 2010 - 2020 Honda CB1100 Deluxe

Oo I also figured out the bike has an oem luggage rack that’s another 300 dollars to tack on! So far this bike would’ve saved me 833.00
Totally worth the buy!
Merry Christmas everyone
 
That's great Nick. Can feel the familiar excitement from here.

I wonder if the said crash sliders are useable as momentary foot rests?
 
Nick congratulations on finding a well cared for DLX. I sold mine 2 years ago due to some health issues and wish I still had it. It is a unique and special machine.

Seeing the bike in person is always helpful. It allows you to see the up close condition pictures don’t always reveal.

It also feels like the last week of December makes it even more of a buyer’s market. It never hurts to ask for something else to be part of the deal. Seek and ye shall find, ask and it will be given to you, a man born in Bethlehem once said.

Merry Christmas!
 
Nick, congrats, that's a great find. In my experience trying to sell my DLX, I think the price is a bit rich, but it is a dealer sale, not a private sale, and once you've owned the bike for a few months you won't give it a second thought. It's quite a jewel of a motorcycle. Enjoy!
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
That's great Nick. Can feel the familiar excitement from here.

I wonder if the said crash sliders are useable as momentary foot rests?
Good question! I’m only 6’ but when I sit on my rebel for extended periods my knees are aching! I’ll have to keep that in mind
 
I have Moriwaki sliders but I don’t think they work well as foot rests. There are a number of engine guards available. From Honda, or aftermarket pick your poison. Let us know what you decide on as ONE brand is dangerous. Those, and I can’t remember the ones, will lever your bike off the wheels in a good lean. Happened to a member.

Others will chime in after Christmas. Is kinda slow on the board now and some of us are nog posting. Not me though. Nooooo not me. :)
 
I have foot pegs on my Honda engine guards that fold up when not needed ,most of the time they are up, but work well to give your knees and hip some relief. The seat and riding position on this bike required them .
 
obleo_imp said:
I have foot pegs on my Honda engine guards that fold up when not needed ,most of the time they are up, but work well to give your knees and hip some relief. The seat and riding position on this bike required them .
I hear ya obleo. :-/
 
Thread starter
Oh boy. Looking at the actual bike this Saturday! Can’t wait to finally see it in person. I was watching this YouTube video on the CB1100 and the youtubers bike pegs scraped the ground a bit. Does anyone have this issue? By no means am I into knee dragging or anything crazy like that but will that get in the way of normal riding.
Oh and what does everyone think about 2 up on this bike? Mind you this bike I’m looking at has a Corbin seat - not sure if it’s even a 2 up.
If anyone has a cheap stock seat or knows someone who has one up for sale let me know!
Thank you
 
Back
Top