2014 CB1100 Deluxe in California

We have another forum member, BayAreaRick, who lives just north of you on the Peninsula. He located a '14 DLX in New York this summer and had it delivered. No registration issues with the DMV.
 
Small world, LongRanger! I live just off El Camino. Now that you mention it, I do remember Rick's acquisition from the Empire State. Now I'm wishing I swooped on that new '13 for $5999, my bike has over 32,000 miles and is long overdue for a thorough polishing of the pipes. At that price why not just buy a new one??
 
I'll make it even smaller -- I grew up off Black Mountain Road and I-280 and also spent several years in Foster City. In the early 70's I raced dirt bikes off 3rd Ave in San Mateo, before they developed it with condos, and spent hours drooling over the SL70's and XR75's at San Mateo Honda. Later, I raced motocross at Carnegie in Livermore. My dad lived in Belmont for almost 40 years, on Davey Glen, just off El Camino, and also owned a condo at Woodlake in Burlingame. Lots of great memories growing up there, but boy oh boy have times changed!
 
I know you said your looking for a deluxe... I actually was as well, but I ended up with a standard and don't regret it for a second

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Rick here (BayAreaRick) - Sorry, been out of town. Yes, I purchased a 2014-DLX about 6 months ago from a dealer in NY and had it shipped to California - the Bay Area. Had just 1,920 miles on it and I still smile widely when I go into my garage! The 2014 Dlx is a 50-state bike (with the EPA sticker that DMV needs to see) and I had zero problems at the DMV registering it. (Hey Rolls! I'm in Burlingame off Hillside Drive)
 
Rolls_imp said:
I thought the CA emissions were unique. I remember researching that when shopping for my '13 way back when. Alas, I am in Houston this week and cannot pop out to the garage and check the sticker or the manual. Also, I am old and feeble, so I never take my memory for gospel. Darn it, where did I leave my coffee cup??
Evaporative emissions controls, canister(s), plumbing, less fuel in the tank in some cases. Need to have X number of miles on it from out of state in order to register with CA.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
If you run out of options on the Deluxe, I've got a very nice, very low mileage '13 (with red side covers!) for sale right now :D : CB1100 Forum
I've had ham & eggs, steak & eggs, bacon & eggs, sausage & eggs, even trout & eggs, but never chicken & eggs. There's just something wrong about that.
I've had ham & eggs, steak & eggs, bacon & eggs, sausage & eggs, even trout & eggs, but never chicken & eggs. There's just something wrong about that.
:rofl:
 
Here's the 50-State Bike sticker on my 2014-DLX I got shipped from NY. With this sticker there's no mileage requirement to register in California as it's already compliant (see the California notation).
 
Well said. I bought a DLX on Ebay earlier this year. It was in Florida. I had it shipped to California, unseen, and registered it here with no problem. It's a beauty.

I believe all the DLX bikes imported into the US are California compliant and have a sticker to that effect under the seat.

Good luck.
 
Just saw this today but it was posted on Craigslist a month ago (but it is still up, so...)

Anyone on here swoop it up?

2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe with ABS in SoCal: https://goo.gl/FC0TBa

9096dd84f10ed37da57908d60b801ce3.jpg
 
c-breezy, I'm sure we've seen that before recently, but do you think I can find the post?

The owner's added a bit much chrome for my taste, but I really like the all-silver engine with the black tank and side covers.
 
Pretty sure too but I couldn't find it, so just wanted to let anyone know that's looking! It really is quite a bit of chrome huh =P
 
Ah, gotcha! Except it was for sale in Ontario in January last time we saw it. Same photo and all.

 
Look again Cormanus! If you check the ad you've linked to c-breezy, what does it say at the end of the line in the heading? You guessed ... "(Ontario)".

It's still for sale.
 
Ontario, Los Angeles, California
 
Who got to Ontario first? The Canadians or the US mob?
 
George Chaffey was born in Brockville, Ontario, Canada which is about an hour from my home.

I believe this is the same family that Chaffey's Lock on the Rideau Waterway is named after. It's one of my rest stops when I riding in that area.
 
Back
Top