2014 CB1100 Deluxe in California

usa_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi

I've been looking for a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe in California without success at dealer websites, ebay, craigslist ... any idea what I am missing ?

thanks a bunch
 
G'day and welcome to the forum, usa. Deluxe models are as rare as hens' teeth and there are no new ones, left as far as we know.
 
Welcome!

Keep watching and looking and you will run across one sooner or later. BUT, you will have to move fast and maybe buy out of state. Good luck!
 
Total number imported is unknown but guessed at 300 or less. So rare bike to find. They come up for sale used every so often. Keep looking.

For the right price everything is for sale as the saying goes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for letting me know. Unfortunately going all the way to NC is not an option for me.

However, I read up a little bit about the 2017 CB1100.

Does anyone know if the 2017 CB1100 would be imported to the USA ?
 
Buying a motorcycle from a reputable out-of-state seller and having it shipped to you can be a simple, effortless experience. There is no need to travel to inspect the bike -- folks on this forum who live nearby would likely be happy to inspect it on your behalf and give you an honest assessment. Bikes can be shipped cross country, fully insured, for $450.

FWIW, I've not bought from an out-of-state dealer, but I have bought several bikes sight-unseen on eBay and have had no issues. By the way, the DLX in that CycleTrader posting seems about $3000 too rich!
 
usa_imp said:
Thank you all for letting me know. Unfortunately going all the way to NC is not an option for me.

However, I read up a little bit about the 2017 CB1100.

Does anyone know if the 2017 CB1100 would be imported to the USA ?
No one knows at this point. I have seen the list of bikes Honda is offering to US dealers at this time (sad list) and the CB1100 is not on there. Doesnt mean it won't be released to dealers later.
 
I live close enough to the dealership that has the deluxe for sale to go look at it and check it out if you are tempted to purchase it, shipping is simple and this is a long time Honda dealership.
 
Don't buy the one in North Carolina, I want that one (if I could ever sell my Honda Shadow RS!). Ha Ha.

Seriously though, that bike in NC looks real nice. It would be great to get that bike for $8k, which is what KBB says it is worth. I wrote to them and they didn't seem too excited about agreeing to a site unseen swap plus cash (although I did send them some pics of my bike). I'm in Massachusetts so riding into that dealer on my bike is not really feasible. Good luck in your search. I'll be hunting hard in the spring. I cant believe there were only 300 or so of this beautiful bike originally available in the US. Black standard is also an option. You can do a lot of customizing with the money saved.
 
When I bought a std CB1100 from a NC dealer I had to travel from Tampa, FL. to get it. I asked about shipping but was told that my signature and driver's license was required to complete the transaction before bike could be shipped. So may not be as simple as having someone inspect it and then arranging shipping. Perhaps paperwork can be overnighted (is that a verb?) back and forth -- may need to be notarized? -- but dealer was reluctant to consider that...
 
Honda requires buyers of new bikes to take delivery at the dealership, but this isn't a requirement for used bikes (though some dealers may have their own policy).
 
I 100% agree with Long Ranger that buying a sweet bike from out of state, sight unseen, can be a great way to go. Thanks to him I felt comfortable buying a used DLX from a dealer in Colorado this past summer, and had it shipped to NJ for $450. I admit I was nervous prior to actually seeing it with my own eyes -- but Long Ranger had driven to the dealership, thoroughly examined the bike, met with my sales guy, and even asked him to start it up. Also took and sent me a ton of high quality photos.

I did all the paper work via FedEx or email and the entire experience was totally positive. The bike has close to 1,000 miles on it and looked brand new. With a few more miles on it, it still looks brand new!
 
decarmine_imp said:
When I bought a std CB1100 from a NC dealer I had to travel from Tampa, FL. to get it. I asked about shipping but was told that my signature and driver's license was required to complete the transaction before bike could be shipped. So may not be as simple as having someone inspect it and then arranging shipping. Perhaps paperwork can be overnighted (is that a verb?) back and forth -- may need to be notarized? -- but dealer was reluctant to consider that...
It is, but I'm not sure it is normally used in this context—see definition 13 here.
 
Wait a tic, isn't the DLX like the '13 in that Cali models have unique emissions equipment? If so, I'd be wary of trying to buy one out of state and trying to register it in California.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
If you run out of options on the Deluxe, I've got a very nice, very low mileage '13 (with red side covers!) for sale right now :D : CB1100 Forum
I've had ham & eggs, steak & eggs, bacon & eggs, sausage & eggs, even trout & eggs, but never chicken & eggs. There's just something wrong about that.
 
Rolls_imp said:
Wait a tic, isn't the DLX like the '13 in that Cali models have unique emissions equipment? If so, I'd be wary of trying to buy one out of state and trying to register it in California.
Clearly I'm not from the US but I do know California has different emissions regulations. I thought, from reading this forum, that all CB1100 models were compliant in all US states. See this post from Flynrider earlier today.
 
I thought the CA emissions were unique. I remember researching that when shopping for my '13 way back when. Alas, I am in Houston this week and cannot pop out to the garage and check the sticker or the manual. Also, I am old and feeble, so I never take my memory for gospel. Darn it, where did I leave my coffee cup??
 
Back
Top