2014 CB1100 availability

TCBronson_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I see black 2014 CB1100's available at local Honda dealers and on Ebay, but no red Deluxe models. I personally don't like the all black engine and I do like the 4 into 2 pipes better. Anybody have any idea why there are only black bikes available? I hesitate buying a new black bike and spending a bunch to make it look more like the red bike. I have tried looking for a used Deluxe and haven't had any luck locally.
 
TCBronson_imp said:
I see black 2014 CB1100's available at local Honda dealers and on Ebay, but no red Deluxe models. I personally don't like the all black engine and I do like the 4 into 2 pipes better. Anybody have any idea why there are only black bikes available? I hesitate buying a new black bike and spending a bunch to make it look more like the red bike. I have tried looking for a used Deluxe and haven't had any luck locally.
At this point, you probably will be waiting a long time for a DLX. I too thought that waiting for the DLX is what I wanted. Larger gas tank, ABS, etc etc. But if I had waited, I'd not be driving my 2014 std cb1100. Trust me, it may not be a DLX, but holy hell is it the best bike i've ever ridden. It's seriously worth it.

I too didn't really enjoy the kind of blacked out stance of the STD, but once I took some pictures of it with my good camera and lenses and not some camera phone, this bike is really very understated and beautiful. I've posted these up before but here ya go. Don't miss out on this bike by waiting unless you are 100% dead set on the DLX.

662dc5f4ec718cd11f668d2c245a5ae3.jpg
8491d0bcae799f24ec838c659fec03d6.jpg
51ee530ec3a0681f06506e8fa9d9db1a.jpg

fb1bc3e480e0736b16501c3cad722433.jpg
ecf06197620912cc32e2e88fd256cb54.jpg
41510e8b1a833376b0e5845454683296.jpg

d4ba1992fe60584ae59de657a31c5a51.jpg
4e7270c589a719c1ae22d0aabda9fa40.jpg
 
EON, Honda only brought in around 300 DLX's. I believe they had to be ordered by a dealer(ie, special order) before Honda sent them. Finding a new one unsold is probably not going to happen. You have to find a used one and buy it. Right now. No matter where it is.

Most dealers never had one. My dealer did not and told me at the time they wouldn't order one, unless someone paid for it first.
 
Great shots, Eon.
TC, I highly recommend you try to wrangle a test ride of one of the 2014 non-Deluxe models available. You might not care so much about the color scheme after that. :) The addition of ABS would have helped me feel better about buying a new bike (vs. used), especially in this weight class, but at the price I ended up paying for a non-Deluxe I could probably afford to add ABS later.
 
Postoak, do you mean the touring pegs that are attached to the guards and folded up?
 
There's a picture of the bike front on which makes it clearer.
 
After alot of calling around, checking and double checking with various Honda dealers in Texas, and even in nearby Louisiana, I purchased what I believe was the second to the last 2014 DLX in Texas still available from a Honda dealer. The other one that I didn't buy was a "demo" that the owner of the Honda dealership (close to San Antonio) had put about 400 miles on it. Anyway, the DLX I bought from a dealer about an hour south of Houston in March 2015, and had 26 (demo?) miles on it when I picked it up new . . .

I was more than a little surprised that after finally deciding to "pull the trigger" on a CB that I couldn't "readily" locate and buy a DLX. Once I figured out there weren't that many DLX's still available new from a dealership in my "neck of the woods", I went ahead a quickly secured the deal.

Good luck with the bike hunting. I'm guessing you'll find a gently used DLX and love it . . . .
 
Eonzhiglo_imp said:
TCBronson_imp said:
I see black 2014 CB1100's available at local Honda dealers and on Ebay, but no red Deluxe models. I personally don't like the all black engine and I do like the 4 into 2 pipes better. Anybody have any idea why there are only black bikes available? I hesitate buying a new black bike and spending a bunch to make it look more like the red bike. I have tried looking for a used Deluxe and haven't had any luck locally.
At this point, you probably will be waiting a long time for a DLX. I too thought that waiting for the DLX is what I wanted. Larger gas tank, ABS, etc etc. But if I had waited, I'd not be driving my 2014 std cb1100. Trust me, it may not be a DLX, but holy hell is it the best bike i've ever ridden. It's seriously worth it.

I too didn't really enjoy the kind of blacked out stance of the STD, but once I took some pictures of it with my good camera and lenses and not some camera phone, this bike is really very understated and beautiful. I've posted these up before but here ya go. Don't miss out on this bike by waiting unless you are 100% dead set on the DLX.

662dc5f4ec718cd11f668d2c245a5ae3.jpg
8491d0bcae799f24ec838c659fec03d6.jpg
51ee530ec3a0681f06506e8fa9d9db1a.jpg

fb1bc3e480e0736b16501c3cad722433.jpg
ecf06197620912cc32e2e88fd256cb54.jpg
41510e8b1a833376b0e5845454683296.jpg

d4ba1992fe60584ae59de657a31c5a51.jpg
4e7270c589a719c1ae22d0aabda9fa40.jpg
Eonzhiglo, Those are some seriously awesome photos! They really are amazing!!! But I kind of feel the same way as you (really like how the silver engine & wheels "pop", and love the dual exhaust & red color), but the all black STD model is really growing on me. I looked at one at a local dealer the other day, and it really is pretty sharp. I've never really cared for the totally blacked out look, but at least the STD does have quite a bit of gloss black, which looks great. I just don't like too much matte black. But come to think of it, one of my all-time favorite bikes is pretty black too (my 96 Trident 900).

So who knows - I may end up in the "black" CB1100 camp after all:rolleyes: I've been drawn to the CB1100 for quite a while now, just never really pulled the trigger. One of these days....
 
Do you have a link, crutch?
 
Thread starter
Eonzhiglo_imp said:
TCBronson_imp said:
I see black 2014 CB1100's available at local Honda dealers and on Ebay, but no red Deluxe models. I personally don't like the all black engine and I do like the 4 into 2 pipes better. Anybody have any idea why there are only black bikes available? I hesitate buying a new black bike and spending a bunch to make it look more like the red bike. I have tried looking for a used Deluxe and haven't had any luck locally.
At this point, you probably will be waiting a long time for a DLX. I too thought that waiting for the DLX is what I wanted. Larger gas tank, ABS, etc etc. But if I had waited, I'd not be driving my 2014 std cb1100. Trust me, it may not be a DLX, but holy hell is it the best bike i've ever ridden. It's seriously worth it.

I too didn't really enjoy the kind of blacked out stance of the STD, but once I took some pictures of it with my good camera and lenses and not some camera phone, this bike is really very understated and beautiful. I've posted these up before but here ya go. Don't miss out on this bike by waiting unless you are 100% dead set on the DLX.

662dc5f4ec718cd11f668d2c245a5ae3.jpg
8491d0bcae799f24ec838c659fec03d6.jpg
51ee530ec3a0681f06506e8fa9d9db1a.jpg

fb1bc3e480e0736b16501c3cad722433.jpg
ecf06197620912cc32e2e88fd256cb54.jpg
41510e8b1a833376b0e5845454683296.jpg

d4ba1992fe60584ae59de657a31c5a51.jpg
4e7270c589a719c1ae22d0aabda9fa40.jpg
At this point, you probably will be waiting a long time for a DLX. I too thought that waiting for the DLX is what I wanted. Larger gas tank, ABS, etc etc. But if I had waited, I'd not be driving my 2014 std cb1100. Trust me, it may not be a DLX, but holy hell is it the best bike i've ever ridden. It's seriously worth it.

I too didn't really enjoy the kind of blacked out stance of the STD, but once I took some pictures of it with my good camera and lenses and not some camera phone, this bike is really very understated and beautiful. I've posted these up before but here ya go. Don't miss out on this bike by waiting unless you are 100% dead set on the DLX.

6ad5a70f0c03a54462aca7b979ecca36.jpg
94ccf481acec934f3660cc1c5ae72df0.jpg
9811f53afdcff24aef33ba0358f31488.jpg

dffaef96f47d7c80e5c08bcd4542a5a3.jpg
e76a3703c45e42dbf009ab1a3fc3b787.jpg
3e33138359cb6e0cc557f1692ce6f777.jpg

1b6fb163846e969c927e7732b76fd3de.jpg
866a9a8bd38f3b4457d12bf3f7947683.jpg

Your photos do make the bike look really good! I just wanted the more retro look.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
EON, Honda only brought in around 300 DLX's. I believe they had to be ordered by a dealer(ie, special order) before Honda sent them. Finding a new one unsold is probably not going to happen. You have to find a used one and buy it. Right now. No matter where it is.

Most dealers never had one. My dealer did not and told me at the time they wouldn't order one, unless someone paid for it first.
Wow, I did not realize that Honda only sent 300 units for the whole USA, that is way less than one unit per dealer! I don't understand why Honda would do that. There are several black bikes available for under $8000, I just hate to spend that much and then get the tank and side covers painted along with the other accessories I would like to add to make it more retro. I think I would have way more invested than the bike would be worth, not that I expect to get all my money back.
 
Be cheaper (much) to find a clean used 2013 (good availability) and buy red side covers and a Moriwaki 4 into 2 system from Samurider.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Be cheaper (much) to find a clean used 2013 (good availability) and buy red side covers and a Moriwaki 4 into 2 system from Samurider.
I agree with Ferrett and is what I did because I love the Honda red. I also had to have dual mufflers and really liked the 2013 two tone wheels. Have fun!

 
Back
Top