2006 Vmax

MUSCLE BIKE. Pure and simple.

Yamaha made no changes to the original from '85 to '07. The current V-Max is like 180 HP and I think still corners like a chest of drawers.

I have a friend with a newer fire breather and he's in his mid 60's! Lots of test drives but I was never able to pull the trigger on one, and you got to be like 60 to afford the insurance.

Congrats on the Bucket List progression cbfan!
 
So ... what's it like cbfan?
 
I had an '05, 20th Anniversary Model.

Although I could never find the hinge in the middle of the frame, I swear there was one in there somewhere. Oh, and the brake pads feel like they're made of balsa wood.

Great bike...in a straight line...or parked in the garage. :D

Enjoy.
 
Thread starter
I agree the frame does flex abit and I didn't even get it on and yes the brakes are on the "soft" side..........but for my conservative riding (being 66 has slowed me down) its neat.
 
I rode an 85 model when they first came out and it's the first motorcycle that gave me tunnel vision. I could just concentrate on a tiny clear spot right in front of me while everything rushing by on both sides from that clear spot front of me was a blur. It was very cool, but I knew if I owned one I would die. Even the 79 CBX didn't even give me that feeling, or the 83 GS 1100E. Don't know what made that one feel differently.
 
Thread starter
I'm 5'8" and this 06 Vmax feels small just like the CB1100, maybe that is why speed feels different. I say it feels small because my other bikes are F6B and FJR1300, the F6 is long and the FJ is taller. And actually the Vmax doesn't feel any faster than the F6 or FJ.
 
its a beautiful bike cbfan..used to drive one in the early 2000s...lots of fun..torque monster...and very nimble..for its beefy hardware..
 
I just sold my 2005 after owning it a month. It's a beast, there's nothing like it. Not my cup of tea but at least it's checked off the bucked list. It was replaced with a new 2019 790 Duke.
 
If you don't like riding motorcycles the V-Max is a fine choice. It's definitely not for everyone, I found that out early in my riding career. But, the acceleration is just ridiculous and like you said, put a check next to that box.
 
Back
Top