1st long ride

Jeffhorn_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi Girls and Boys!

Today was my first long (238 mile) ride after full rotator cuff rebuild last November. In the last month I have done a few short (less than 100 miles) rides to see how I felt. The bike was patient waiting those long months for me and performed flawlessly without complaint. The ride consisted of 2 and 4 lane minor highways, back road twisties and a short bit of major freeway riding. Here in Northern California the weather was just a bit cool with quite a bit of wind. 40 miles from home on the way back, a few unforecasted sprinkles materialized, turning into full on showers for the last 20 miles in very heavy, very slow traffic. I'm thankful that lane splitting is legal here to keep me from getting completely soaked. But all in all, a happy 5 hour day! Finally a little rain to help with the drought, but not near enough.
 
Jeffhorn, how good to be back on the bike, eh? And good to get caught in much needed rain. Sounds like California needs lots more of it, so you could do your bit and ride as much as you can. Or you could ask Inhouse Bob to visit. :D
 
Good news Jeff. A 238 mile day of riding is a good one.

Gosh I had rotator cuff surgery back in the 90's (archery wore it out). Took a looong time to completely heal. Close to a year if I remember correctly. I hate having surgery.
 
That’s great news Jeff. I had my left rotator 100% redone in august and had my right operated on three weeks ago. I put a cover over my bike to make it a little easier for now.

Glad to hear your healed and back in the saddle.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Good news Jeff. A 238 mile day of riding is a good one.

Gosh I had rotator cuff surgery back in the 90's (archery wore it out). Took a looong time to completely heal. Close to a year if I remember correctly. I hate having surgery.
Hey all, thanks for the kind words. Mine wore out through sailing and a lifetime of other such nonsense. The surgeon gave me a two year recovery period but am way ahead of his timeline feeling incredibly good.
 
NHCB1100_imp said:
That’s great news Jeff. I had my left rotator 100% redone in august and had my right operated on three weeks ago. I put a cover over my bike to make it a little easier for now.

Glad to hear your healed and back in the saddle.
Geez you are a glutton for pain.
 
Back
Top