17 EX for $17,000.00 I thought the forum could use an evening laugh

According to the link the bike has a 1450cc motor. Could be a one off experimental model. Might justify the asking price. Also in light of that the bike just might go fast. : )
 
Man, I'm hanging onto my 2014 Std! Not only are these bikes appreciating in value, their displacement is going up automatically, too.
 
I responded to the add to ask him. He said its a mistake and he's asking $11,000. I told him dealers have new ones offered for less than that.
 
And he's now changed the price. Not the displacement. I suspect it's a mistake.
 
Now he has it listed for $10K, I grew up in the town he is from and don't live far from him now. Can go check it out for anyone interested. HAHA!!
 
There is a 2014 Standard at my local multi-brand dealer being offered for $8000. It has 1200 miles, but from the looks of it, they were hard miles, and it was clearly stored outdoors for at least part of its life. It's been there for quite a while.

This is a weird bike. It's not like an FZ-09, that have hundreds for sale at any given moment, giving the buyer in any given area dozens of choices. The CB1100 is definitely a "gotta find the right guy at the right time" kind of machine. Which makes it more of a "whatever the market will bear" pricing decision.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
There is a 2014 Standard at my local multi-brand dealer being offered for $8000. It has 1200 miles, but from the looks of it, they were hard miles, and it was clearly stored outdoors for at least part of its life. It's been there for quite a while.

This is a weird bike. It's not like an FZ-09, that have hundreds for sale at any given moment, giving the buyer in any given area dozens of choices. The CB1100 is definitely a "gotta find the right guy at the right time" kind of machine. Which makes it more of a "whatever the market will bear" pricing decision.
Agree i talked to the guy and was asking if he would sell the Dart screen since I'm local and he declined. Said he was an older guy and bought a Harley Street Glide and just doesn't ride the CB anymore. He will have a hard time moving it at $10K.
 
Maybe he was like me selling my last bike. I wasn't fully committed to selling it, so I set the price high, so that a month later with no bites, I could say "Oh well, guess I have to keep her now."

The day after I posted the sale, someone made a quick decision for me. Hey, it gave me the money to buy my CB1100!
 
clearviewx_imp said:
It was an error in the listing!:banana:

The bike is for sale 10K worth every penny, but I would only sell it to you for 17K haha.... you most likely can't afford a good bike anyhow since you have to make fun of errors.....

I will post a new video, like none of you know what they look like anyhow...

Way to support a forum member....Shame on YOU....
 
Forum rules don't allow personal attacks so I removed the derogatory name calling. So lets take a deep breath and think about this.....

First off, how was he to know the asking price was an error? People ask ridiculous prices for bikes on Cycletrader all the time hoping to find the unknowing to unload their bike on. (like the 17 year old Harley bagger for $26,000 also copied/posted here)

Secondly, how was he to know the seller was a fellow forum member? It didn't say so in the ad.

All he all saw was an anonymous ad for a used CB1100EX priced well above retail, and posted it here thinking we would all get a chuckle out of the asking price. The fact that there was an error in the ad was not his fault. He was only reporting what he saw.
 
MK212MX_imp said:
Now he has it listed for $10K, I grew up in the town he is from and don't live far from him now. Can go check it out for anyone interested. HAHA!!
I grew up in Westerville too, that's crazy! North High, class of '01. Any chance we actually know each other?
 
DBXXX_imp said:
MK212MX_imp said:
Now he has it listed for $10K, I grew up in the town he is from and don't live far from him now. Can go check it out for anyone interested. HAHA!!
I grew up in Westerville too, that's crazy! North High, class of '01. Any chance we actually know each other?
I grew up in Westerville too, that's crazy! North High, class of '01. Any chance we actually know each other?
If anyone from this forum stoops by to chat I’ll run you off! Stay the cuss away from me
 
I suspect it’s unlikely you’ll be troubled, n8vyc.
 
Houtman_imp said:
What is this all about ?
Houtman, its probably "You kids get off my grass!"

And if any of you stop by my house--you still don't get to see the ring :P
 
Back
Top