12 for 12 in 2014

Thread starter
So...here's a question.... IF I were to ride my naked CB1100 around the Chicago for at least 10 miles/month for each month in 2015, would that trump Ferret's 12 for 12 in the relative warmth of southern Ohio since he did some of those months riding the luxurious ST? ;)

Just wondering.....
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
So...here's a question.... IF I were to ride my naked CB1100 around the Chicago for at least 10 miles/month for each month in 2015, would that trump Ferret's 12 for 12 in the relative warmth of southern Ohio since he did some of those months riding the luxurious ST? ;)

Just wondering.....
It would in my eyes :thumbsup:

I tell you, riding the ST with it's fairing and movable windshield, while wearing a heated jacket liner and glove liners is almost like driving a car..not quite, but close lol
 
Thread starter
Go for it brother (carefully). You don't have to get your bike back by January, just before February. You could ride it on the last day of January and still qualify.
 
I tip my hat to you also Ferret. Im basically in the same climate and know how miserable it can get. 25K is a lot of miles on 2 wheels in a year. I think when it was said and done I rode about 7500. It was way more than any of riding buddies put on their bikes and some of them have goldwings and can am spyders. I just dont have the time per say. I love to ride motorcycles but I have to make a living first and I am not near as tough as you are in the winter months.

Out of curiosity how many miles do you put on a car/truck in a years time on average?
 
I too expect to suddenly spend the major % of my time on two wheels when I retire. But for now, traveling through multiple weather regions, early and hard winters, carrying family "stuff" too big, awkward or fragile on the bike is a drag or not possible. Winter riding in this region is purely like "taking the dog for walk" per se. Typically limited to an hour (without stops).
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
...and what, this report has suddenly stopped in Dec, 2104???
OK to update it's 4 years later and I still haven't missed a month. I would have missed Sept this year with the broken arm if I hadn't ridden before the doctors approval which didn't come until Oct 5th lol. As it was I rode the last 3 days of Sept to keep the streak alive.
 
The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
...and what, this report has suddenly stopped in Dec, 2104???
OK to update it's 4 years later and I still haven't missed a month. I would have missed Sept this year with the broken arm if I hadn't ridden before the doctors approval which didn't come until Oct 5th lol. As it was I rode the last 3 days of Sept to keep the streak alive.
OK to update it's 4 years later and I still haven't missed a month. I would have missed Sept this year with the broken arm if I hadn't ridden before the doctors approval which didn't come until Oct 5th lol. As it was I rode the last 3 days of Sept to keep the streak alive.
Pleasure and safe riding regardless ambient temperatures
:)
 
Thread starter
today's ride was 57 miles, 35 degrees and snow flurries. With my heated gear I was very comfortable and had a great ride (FJR)
 
The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
...and what, this report has suddenly stopped in Dec, 2104???
OK to update it's 4 years later and I still haven't missed a month. I would have missed Sept this year with the broken arm if I hadn't ridden before the doctors approval which didn't come until Oct 5th lol. As it was I rode the last 3 days of Sept to keep the streak alive.
Bad boy. :P

So how long is the streak all in all now?
 
^ A lot longer than the average skid mark. :P
 
Thread starter
Lol I think this makes 12 years in a row now.
 
Thread starter
old? short? fat? not real bright?
 
216af28388c7a20dc74b638f5668c73f.jpg
 
Back
Top